Windows 10: i have a new laptop, cant play the dvds on the dvd player, and its asking for java script,...

Discus and support i have a new laptop, cant play the dvds on the dvd player, and its asking for java script,... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; please help me this is a brand new computer I got everything going then tried to connect a camera to it said could not play on this device, media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gregnaylor1, Jan 2, 2020.

1. i have a new laptop, cant play the dvds on the dvd player, and its asking for java script,...

please help me this is a brand new computer I got everything going then tried to connect a camera to it said could not play on this device, media player does not see it , please tell a old man , who feels stupid how to make my new laptop work

:)

gregnaylor1, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, the Windows DVD Player will play movies that are on optical discs. However, we will need the details requested below:

• Could you please provide more clarity on “will not play my DVD home movies”?
    • What is the complete error message you receive?

We would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

You may want to refer the
    Windows DVD player FAQ

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 2, 2020
  3. DVD player unable to play DVD

Hello Basudev,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you with some useful information from here.

A DVD may not play properly in some DVD players or DVD-ROM drives for any of the following reasons:

• The disc type may not be compatible. Some DVD players or DVD-ROM drives can only play certain kinds of DVDs. For example, some DVD players only play DVD+R or DVD+RW discs, while others only play DVD-R or DVD-RW discs.
    • The disc format may not be compatible. If you burn a DVD using the PAL format, you will not be able to play that DVD using a player that only supports the NTSC format, and vice versa.
    • The disc quality may be too low. Some DVD players or DVD-ROM drives will not play DVDs if the disc is not in good repair or if it is not a high-quality disc. If your player can't play a DVD, you can try burning it again using a higher-quality DVD.

To determine what types of DVDs your DVD player or DVD-ROM drive can play, check the documentation that came with your device or go to the manufacturer's website.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us again.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 2, 2020
  4. i have a new laptop, cant play the dvds on the dvd player, and its asking for java script,...

Portable DVD player will not play DVDs onWindows 10 Laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply:

1. What happens when you try to play the DVD?

2. Did you receive any error message? If yes, kindly reply with the error message and error code.

I would suggest you run the built-in troubleshooter and see if it helps:

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all
    • Click on Windows Media Player DVD. Please provide a password if asked for it and click
      ok.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Awaiting your response.

Regards

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

i have a new laptop, cant play the dvds on the dvd player, and its asking for java script,...

1. i have a new laptop, cant play the dvds on the dvd player, and its asking for java script,... - Similar Threads - laptop cant play

2. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  3. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019
  4. cant see dvds playing through truedvd player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant see dvds playing through truedvd player: paid a suscription for truedvd player but cant get it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-dvds-playing-through-truedvd-player/0a1e96fd-9b3d-4a7a-a776-2c0e2993afbd
  5. cant see dvds playing through truedvd player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant see dvds playing through truedvd player: paid a suscription for truedvd player but cant get it to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-dvds-playing-through-truedvd-player/0a1e96fd-9b3d-4a7a-a776-2c0e2993afbd
  6. internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal dvd player stopped working-won't play dvds or cds: or anything else. It shows up in My Computer, but will not work. Checking it in Device Manager, the message is there is no problem with the player, or the driver. Super strange, have never encountered this. I have an Acer All-In-One, and if I can't fix it, I will just...
  7. dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dvd player in Dell laptop not recgnizing cds and dvds .: Sir, My dvd player is not recgnizing cds and dvds .mine is dell inspiron5558 running win 10Home.i did driver updates a month back.after it this happened.please help me. thank you Kanpur, 25.9.20...
  8. update of windows 10 cant burn dvd that will play on dvd player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update of windows 10 cant burn dvd that will play on dvd player: I updated my Window's 10, since that update my video's don't play right they are real slow, also I cant burn a dvd that will play in a dvd player, they will play on computer but not on a dvd player, ps4 etc....
  9. Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds

Laptop dvd player won’t read dvds: Dear all, I’ve tried almost everything suggested about this problem but alas, it still doesn’t work. My dvd player stopped working a while ago, but it still can play old games on CD’s. I’ve deleted the drivers and it didn’t help at all. I updated to windows 10 a few weeks...
  10. DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs

DVD Drive is not Playing video DVDs: In my DVD Drive any of my Video DVDs are not playing. Audio CDs are well supported and playing well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-drive-is-not-playing-video-dvds/f73f1712-0de8-430d-96a5-5c72206c6f4e