Windows 10: I have a new laptop with Windows 10. Is Windows Defender sufficent for internet security or...

Discus and support I have a new laptop with Windows 10. Is Windows Defender sufficent for internet security or... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is windows 10 Defender a good anti-virus protection?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlbertSeeds, Jan 29, 2020.

1. I have a new laptop with Windows 10. Is Windows Defender sufficent for internet security or...

Is windows 10 Defender a good anti-virus protection?

:)

AlbertSeeds, Jan 29, 2020

2. "Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Jan 29, 2020
  3. suggest best internet security/antivirus for windows 7

Hello,

I m using HP envy 3090nr laptop having windows 7 home premium.

I was using norton internet security previously which was very good, no virus problem so far.

But i want to know any other internet security which is better or similar and free?

Give your suggestions for best free as well as best paid internet security.

Also give your opinion for microsoft security essentials.

Thanks.

freebird_9924, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I have a new laptop with Windows 10. Is Windows Defender sufficent for internet security or...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

I have a new laptop with Windows 10. Is Windows Defender sufficent for internet security or...

1. I have a new laptop with Windows 10. Is Windows Defender sufficent for internet security or... - Similar Threads - laptop Defender sufficent

2. Windows 10 "no internet secured"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "no internet secured": I've been having problems with my laptop for a very long time now. Windows 10 ASUS Its keep saying no internet secured. I remember how it happened to.I used a vpn "windscribe" and randomly lost connection somehow. I tried to connect back and I couldnt. I've done over a 100...
  3. Windows 10; "No internet, Secured"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10; "No internet, Secured": I've tried restarting more than once, and 8 different methods online to fix this issue. It started 2 days ago. During the day, I have no issue, then past 8PM (a guess; not exactly sure when,) it starts this again. It is not the router, because I can connect to the internet...
  4. If I don't have Windows 10 activated, will Windows Defender get regular security...

in Windows 10 Customization
    If I don't have Windows 10 activated, will Windows Defender get regular security...: If I don't have Windows 10 activated, will Windows Defender get regular security intelligence updates and can I use Microsoft Store also? Thanks...
  5. New Laptop-Windows 10 security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Laptop-Windows 10 security: I recently got a new laptop and I was wondering how I can I make it morw secure from viruses and hackers. Like any tips would be helpful submitted by /u/memelord10000_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lniybw/new_laptopwindows_10_security/
  6. "No Internet, Secured" but I have access to the web/internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "No Internet, Secured" but I have access to the web/internet.: So I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and now Windows doesn't think I have internet. It wont link with my Microsoft account... MS Word, Edge and One Notes have difficulty connecting to my account as well. But if I go on Edge, I am able to connect to the internet, my email and...
  7. Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security?: Which antivirus should I use??? Kaspersky Internet Security or Windows defender? Or both??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-or-kaspersky-internet-security/b4755732-7af4-4bd0-9f21-38d3bc66918f
  8. Windows 10 Defender's security

Windows 10 Defender's security: Hi, I am not too sure under what category I should post this question or may be my opinion. I am always particular about security especially ensuring that my PC and data is safe from any threats like virus, malware, ransomware etc. I try out a few things inside virtual...
  9. Windows 10 Defender's security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Defender's security: Hi, I am not too sure under what category I should post this question or may be my opinion. I am always particular about security especially ensuring that my PC and data is safe from any threats like virus, malware, ransomware etc. I try out a few things inside virtual...
  10. Windows Defender vs. Kaspersky Internet Security

Windows Defender vs. Kaspersky Internet Security: I've got Kaspersky KIS 2016 installed on Win10 and have turned (or tried to turn) Windows Defender off via Group Policy. It even says it's bee turned off. But Speccy v1.28.709 says: Windows Defender Windows Defender Enabled Firewall Firewall Enabled Display Name...