Windows 10: I have a new laptop with Windows. I opted for no user name/password on sign in. It now has...

Discus and support I have a new laptop with Windows. I opted for no user name/password on sign in. It now has... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I signed up with my new Windows 10 on my new laptop. I went to netplwiz and unchecked the 'Users must enter a user name...." After restarting,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LeftyWalters, Jan 1, 2021.

1. I have a new laptop with Windows. I opted for no user name/password on sign in. It now has...

I signed up with my new Windows 10 on my new laptop. I went to netplwiz and unchecked the 'Users must enter a user name...."

After restarting, Windows says I can't sign in. In the bottom left corner it shows my email account identifier twice. I select the second instance of my ID and it requires a PIN. But it does let me access Windows.

I went to Accounts and there is only one user ID, as administrator.

I don't know how to delete the "shadow" ID since there is only me and I only signed up for Windows on this new laptop once.

I want to bypass the sign in process altogether but I can't. Please help.

:)

LeftyWalters, Jan 1, 2021

2. Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Cannot add new user into Window 10

I have tried to add the new user following the recommended steps below but still cannot sign with the new user added. Message "user profiled to be loaded"

Steps

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.
    Please help. Is this really some kind of virus problem. My computer has a Kaspersky Internet Protection.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

WilsonVoon, Jan 1, 2021
  4. I have a new laptop with Windows. I opted for no user name/password on sign in. It now has...

User Name

Hi Bradford,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to have your name instead of email address at login screen.
    If you are using Microsoft account for logging to the system then it will be hard to remove email address and show your name only. However, if you want then you may create new user profile as a local account with administrator permission. In this account
    you may keep the name you want.

For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

I have a new laptop with Windows. I opted for no user name/password on sign in. It now has...

1. I have a new laptop with Windows. I opted for no user name/password on sign in. It now has... - Similar Threads - laptop opted user

2. Users now has a new name listed - can I delete it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users now has a new name listed - can I delete it: I've been having a few issues with my account on Windows 11. I have one account that I set up to be Local. When I go to my C drive and look at Users there is a new account and it's called something different. But it's a name that is part of my email log in address. The...
  3. Users now has a new name listed - can I delete it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users now has a new name listed - can I delete it: I've been having a few issues with my account on Windows 11. I have one account that I set up to be Local. When I go to my C drive and look at Users there is a new account and it's called something different. But it's a name that is part of my email log in address. The...
  4. Laptop user name and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop user name and password: User name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-user-name-and-password/d531baa7-a53a-4f85-953f-0d923b73aa6e
  5. Laptop user name and password

Laptop user name and password: User name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-user-name-and-password/d531baa7-a53a-4f85-953f-0d923b73aa6e
  6. I have forgotten my user name and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have forgotten my user name and password: I have forgotten my username and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-user-name-and-password/936fed94-a29a-47a7-a441-6ddd8bea40a4
  7. I have forgotten my user name and password

I have forgotten my user name and password: I have forgotten my username and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-user-name-and-password/936fed94-a29a-47a7-a441-6ddd8bea40a4
  8. I have forgotten my user name and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop: Merry Christmas, I bought a new laptop as a gift for my dad. Initially I used my MS login info to get the computer ready. My father doesnt have the computer knowledge to do so. Now I need to remove my login data and replace it with his. Can anyone please help me figure...
  10. signing on with administrator user name & password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    signing on with administrator user name & password: always signed in with Microsoft account & password next am after upgrade to windows 10 version 1803 I had an administrator account on the opening page. I signed in with MS account. Anything I wanted to do or change went to the sign in with administrator account with...