Windows 10: I have a new microsoft account, I want to migrate my old desktop contents to it

Discus and support I have a new microsoft account, I want to migrate my old desktop contents to it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have had this computer for a long time, but I'm fairly new to Microsoft accounts. I created an account for the very first time few weeks ago, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RodBruce, Sep 14, 2018.

1. RodBruce Win User

I have a new microsoft account, I want to migrate my old desktop contents to it

I have had this computer for a long time, but I'm fairly new to Microsoft accounts.

I created an account for the very first time few weeks ago, but it was not 100% satisfactory due to the fact that the email address I supplied is an alias, and causing difficulties.

So I created a fresh new user, and created a brand new Microsoft account and I am using that now and happy with it.

However, the desktop is very bare!

How do I migrate my old desktop to the new one?

And, how can I delete/purge/remove the unsatisfactory Microsoft account (the one that uses an email alias)?

:)

RodBruce, Sep 14, 2018

2. Migrating to new Microsoft Account

I have been using a Microsoft account on my phone that I created several years ago. I am trying to migrate everything over to a new Microsoft account that i recently created to consolidate many of the services. My phone was backed up on the old account,
    is there a way to restore the contacts and other information to the new account?

IvanPZTorres, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Migrating to new Microsoft Account

You'll need to export the contacts to a CSV file from the old account and then you can import that CSV file to your new account. It's pretty quick and not hard to do:

• From a computer, go log into the People Hub of the old Microsoft account.
    • Select Manage > Export
    • When the Export box opens up, select the "Save File" option to save the WLMContacts.CSV file to your computer
    Now you can import the CSV file into your new Microsoft Account:

• From a computer, log into the People Hub of your new Microsoft account
    • Select the "Import from file" option found in the grey rectangular box

I have a new microsoft account, I want to migrate my old desktop contents to it a1d2f789-b11f-4c99-9a24-79fcf3c219d5.png

Julie fka profjulie, Sep 14, 2018
  4. I have a new microsoft account, I want to migrate my old desktop contents to it

How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

I have a new microsoft account, I want to migrate my old desktop contents to it

1. I have a new microsoft account, I want to migrate my old desktop contents to it - Similar Threads - microsoft account migrate

2. I want to add a new alias to my Microsoft account so I can delete my old one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to add a new alias to my Microsoft account so I can delete my old one.: I went to this page to add a new alias so I can get rid of my old one. But the page simply won't let me. I select the 'Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias' box and enter the outlook address I created to replace the old one and I get 'This email address...
  3. I have trouble migrating from a mojang account to a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have trouble migrating from a mojang account to a microsoft account: When I was migrating from a mojang account to a Microsoft account, I forgot the password to my main Microsoft account. Since I was tired, I decided that the best thing that I could do was use one of my family member's accounts. I eventually remembered the password to my main...
  4. I have trouble migrating from a mojang account to a microsoft account

I have trouble migrating from a mojang account to a microsoft account: When I was migrating from a mojang account to a Microsoft account, I forgot the password to my main Microsoft account. Since I was tired, I decided that the best thing that I could do was use one of my family member's accounts. I eventually remembered the password to my main...
  5. I want to know my old password in my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to know my old password in my Microsoft account?: I have changed my microsoft password already, but I need my old password to get access to blue screen loop problem please...Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-my-old-password-in-my-microsoft/d6d43589-394b-4094-9319-5e384840eae5
  6. I want to know my old password in my Microsoft account?

I want to know my old password in my Microsoft account?: I have changed my microsoft password already, but I need my old password to get access to blue screen loop problem please...Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-my-old-password-in-my-microsoft/d6d43589-394b-4094-9319-5e384840eae5
  7. I want to know my old password in my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I have a new HDD but I still want to use my old HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a new HDD but I still want to use my old HDD: I've currently bought another HDD to use since my OLD HDD had bad sectors. I wanted to know whether this OLD HDD would affect my new HDD if I still continued to use my OLD HDD. I'm planning to format the HDD to mark the bad sectors as not usable. 183943
  9. i want my old desktop explore 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    i want my old desktop explore 10: where is explore 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-my-old-desktop-explore-10/2d5673d4-9b6f-475d-a3f8-d55990e6f566
  10. I have lost the contents of my desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have lost the contents of my desktop: I have lost the contents of my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-the-contents-of-my-desktop/21002894-acb9-472c-857a-cf48b99d3cb2