Windows 10: I have a new phone number. I need to change my account setting and there is nothing I can find

Discus and support I have a new phone number. I need to change my account setting and there is nothing I can find in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please post how to change phone number in Microsoft windows 10 setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JB_Littlerock_Road, Mar 17, 2019.

1. I have a new phone number. I need to change my account setting and there is nothing I can find

Please post how to change phone number in Microsoft windows 10 setting

:)

JB_Littlerock_Road, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

3. How to change phone number associated with a microsoft account

Hi,

Phone number is one of your security info, which is only used to verify your identity if you're accessing sensitive personal information or if we detect a problem with your account.
    To change the phone number associated with your Microsoft account, we recommend to follow the steps below:

• First, go to the
      Security basics
      page and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Select Update info.
    • Select Add security info. then follow the instructions to enter your email or phone number.
    • We'll send a security code to that new email or phone number. Enter that security code, and press
      Next. Your new security info will appear in you list.

Check this
    link
    for Security info & security codes.

Let us know if you need more help.

Marvelos Reg, Mar 17, 2019
  4. I have a new phone number. I need to change my account setting and there is nothing I can find

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

I have a new phone number. I need to change my account setting and there is nothing I can find

1. I have a new phone number. I need to change my account setting and there is nothing I can find - Similar Threads - phone number need

2. How can i change the phone number on my account ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change the phone number on my account ?: i changed my phone number so now i cannot verify my identity because it keeps sending the code to my old number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-phone-number-on-my-account/c6e846dc-1279-4e98-94ca-267dacbcc940
  3. How can i change the phone number on my account ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i change the phone number on my account ?: i changed my phone number so now i cannot verify my identity because it keeps sending the code to my old number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-phone-number-on-my-account/c6e846dc-1279-4e98-94ca-267dacbcc940
  4. I don't want need to change my phone number on account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't want need to change my phone number on account: I need to change my phone number for text verification https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-want-need-to-change-my-phone-number-on/1f1ea3f5-caa0-48fa-b368-6592b54571c4
  5. I don't want need to change my phone number on account

I don't want need to change my phone number on account: I need to change my phone number for text verification https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-want-need-to-change-my-phone-number-on/1f1ea3f5-caa0-48fa-b368-6592b54571c4
  6. How can I contact Microsoft? I have new phone number and need to delete an email account.

How can I contact Microsoft? I have new phone number and need to delete an email account.: I had my ID stolen in May and I have had to change my bank account, my phone number and i also need to delete my email account. I get so much interference from whoever has my information. Applying for loans and just making my life a **** show. Please can you help me get rid...
  7. How can I contact Microsoft? I have new phone number and need to delete an email account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I contact Microsoft? I have new phone number and need to delete an email account.: I had my ID stolen in May and I have had to change my bank account, my phone number and i also need to delete my email account. I get so much interference from whoever has my information. Applying for loans and just making my life a **** show. Please can you help me get rid...
  8. My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account?: My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account? My old phone number is deactivatetd now. I want to change it but in order to change it sends a sms to my old phone number which I dont have any access now. Can you help? Thank you....
  9. My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account?

My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account?: My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account? My old phone number is deactivatetd now. I want to change it but in order to change it sends a sms to my old phone number which I dont have any access now. Can you help? Thank you....
  10. My phone number is changed. How can I change the phone number that is saved in my account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security