Windows 10: i have a problem extracting a .zip file i'm a noob to these situations but it says two...

Discus and support i have a problem extracting a .zip file i'm a noob to these situations but it says two... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i downloaded a game[prototype 1] from ocean of games website ...... firstly it was damaged ...... i repaired it seeing a tutorial on YouTube......then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by beetleGeuse3334, Aug 13, 2019.

1. i have a problem extracting a .zip file i'm a noob to these situations but it says two...

i downloaded a game[prototype 1] from ocean of games website ...... firstly it was damaged ...... i repaired it seeing a tutorial on YouTube......then when i got to f**k extract it it says"! E:\rebuilt._Oceanofgames.com_Prototype1.zip: Unknown method in Prototype1\Game_Setup_DVD.iso
    ! E:\rebuilt._Oceanofgames.com_Prototype1.zip: No files to extract

what the heck is this ............ tell me man i don't again want to expend my 4 gb data like that

:)

beetleGeuse3334, Aug 13, 2019
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Aug 13, 2019
  4. i have a problem extracting a .zip file i'm a noob to these situations but it says two...

large zip file does not extract properly

Thanks for the suggestions Babu but ........

Tried clean boot - extraction fails

Start up in safe mode - extraction fails

The extraction feature works fine on small zip files but clearly gets severe indigestion when faced with an 11gb zip file. 7 zip works perfectly.

The memory load during windows extraction attempts does not change from base levels, but the hard drive is really working hard. On one occasion after 15 minutes th windows extraction program did attempt to show the extracted files screen with a folder with
    the name of the folder being extracted but on clicking that to see any enclosed files it crashes , screen goes black briefly and it resets to the normal windows desktop view.

AlanHobart, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

i have a problem extracting a .zip file i'm a noob to these situations but it says two...

1. i have a problem extracting a .zip file i'm a noob to these situations but it says two... - Similar Threads - problem extracting zip

2. where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?: at top of OneDrive I used Context menu and selected compress to zip file targeting Documents folder. Where should I look for the zip file?Using Windows 11 home. Apps for business OneDrive....
  3. 7-zip will not extract a zipped file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    7-zip will not extract a zipped file: Why wont 7-zip extract a zipped file I downloaded ? I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on a new Dell laptop (XPS 15 7590) 176156
  4. Extracting a zipped file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extracting a zipped file: I have a zipped file and I'm trying to unzip it, but if I try to extract it, it says I need to copy a file to it. What shall I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extracting-a-zipped-file/b0ff20c4-c44b-48f5-a303-1e8a054275eb
  5. Extracting a zipped file

Extracting a zipped file: I have downloaded a shared file a video from my Google Drive but when I try to extract it into my downloads folder, I get the message 'The compressed zipped file C:\users etcetc is invalid'...
  6. Extracting ZIP files

Extracting ZIP files: I bought my Surface in the US, but I live in China. I try to download content for my Adobe products, but Windows cannot recognize the file type ZIP. The downloads are given a file type in Chinese. I suspect this is the reason. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Slow Extraction of .zip File

Slow Extraction of .zip File: Why is Windows 10 so slow in extracting a standard .zip file? It takes forever to unpack a simple ,zip file and seems to be much longer than previous versions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-extraction-of-zip-file/eb0d110b-b040-4e14-aa12-ad2d53622174"
  8. Zip older extraction problems

Zip older extraction problems: When trying to extract a zip folder in explorer, I keep receiving error message 0x80010135. Is there a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-older-extraction-problems/ee018c32-06ee-40d6-af3a-90c0e053417d"
  9. Help with extracting a zipped file!

Help with extracting a zipped file!: Because I had a folder downloaded on my PC. And when I was going to extract the zipped file downloaded, thru the file explorer, I'm surprised that the menu for extracting the files wouldn't highlight. So I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. Here is the image: [ATTACH]...
  10. Extracting Zip Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Extracting Zip Files: Hi People, Newbie here. As the title suggests I am having a problem unzipping downloaded files on my HP Envy laptop. which has windows 10 version 1511 (build 10586.36) it appears to start the process but just hangs at 99% and will remain there for the rest of the day....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems extracting zip files

2. noobs zip extraction