Windows 10: I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text. Does Microsoft have...

Discus and support I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text. Does Microsoft have... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text. Does Microsoft have a facility to this as XP used to have? I cannot find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by peterireland6, Feb 13, 2020.

1. I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text. Does Microsoft have...

I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text. Does Microsoft have a facility to this as XP used to have? I cannot find it anywhere on the Winows 10 system.

:)

peterireland6, Feb 13, 2020

2. BAT file/Script to find and replace files

Hey all....

Can someone help me make the BAT script in the 2nd post above to be able to use MORE than "1" file?
    As it currently is, you can only replace one particular file.

For example, I want in the command line to be able to write two files or more, and the script will find and replace all those 2 or more named files.
    Thanks much.

P.S.... Is there a GUI that does file searching and replacing?
    I've spent hours searching on the net, and the only thing I can find are "text" search/replace and this BAT command, not actual "file" replacing. I find this amazing. *Frown I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text. Does Microsoft have... :(

leeuniverse, Feb 13, 2020
  3. freebie Win User
    find and replace application

---

Problem we've got is that the powers above us, want it doing yesterday!!!!!!

We were looking at something like "Global Find" but that only does text.

freebie, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Bowlsys Win User

I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text. Does Microsoft have...

Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

Hi,
    I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it.
    The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names.

Hope I have explained my problem clearly.

Would appreciate any help
    Thanks

Bowlsys, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text. Does Microsoft have...

1. I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text. Does Microsoft have... - Similar Threads - problem Finding Replacing

2. I have problems, with small text . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have problems, with small text . . .: I got a new, Dell computer. That comes with, Windows 10. I set up the text, at 175% But, as you can see. The text example, is much smaller. How can I make, the text bigger Thanks for reading . . .Jerry...
  3. I have problems, with small text . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have problems, with small text . . .: I have problems, with small text . . . I got a new, Dell computer. That comes with, Windows 10. I set up the text, at 175% But, as you can see. The text example, is much smaller. How can I make, the text bigger? Thanks for reading . . .Jerry...
  4. Rename file name by Find and Replace in Microsoft Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename file name by Find and Replace in Microsoft Windows: Hi, I have thousands of pdf files on my PC, If I want to rename the files all together how can I find and replace all the file names one time?...
  5. Why does MS replace the files I have pinned in Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does MS replace the files I have pinned in Quick Access?: Running Windows 10, Version 1909, build 18363.752. There was not enough room in the title to complete my question, so here goes. File Explorer opens to Quick Access and This PC. I have several files I use often pinned to Quick Access and the list of Desktop, Documents,...
  6. Find and Replace parts of a file name text for multiple files in Windows 10

Find and Replace parts of a file name text for multiple files in Windows 10: I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text for multiple files. Does Microsoft have a facility to do this as XP used to have? I cannot find it anywhere on the Windows 10 system?...
  7. Finding and Replacing parts of a file name text for multiple files

Finding and Replacing parts of a file name text for multiple files: I have a problem in "Finding and Replacing" parts of a file name text for multiple files. Does Microsoft have a facility to this as XP used to have? I cannot find it anywhere on the Windows 10 system?...
  8. Does windows have an text editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does windows have an text editor: Does windows have an text editor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-have-an-text-editor/23358cf4-7a72-4402-bc50-470642182b58
  9. Is it possible for a file to have no name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible for a file to have no name?: I used Shotcut to transcode a video to mp4 and didn't specify a name and it seemed to work but I thought files needed names. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/StJW3mc.png 86802
  10. Hardware problem - Need to replace a part

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware problem - Need to replace a part: Hi everyone, One of my computers has had hardware issues for a while where the computer would freeze once a week or once a month. It was bearable. However, I recently tried to update one of my programs, malwarebytes, and then my operating system ended up failing to load...