Windows 10: i have a problem in my laptop ,there is only balanced power mode . even after i do the...

Discus and support i have a problem in my laptop ,there is only balanced power mode . even after i do the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/si-malek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vg8cjc/i_have_a_problem_in_my_laptop_there_is_only/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/si-malek, Jun 19, 2022.

1. i have a problem in my laptop ,there is only balanced power mode . even after i do the...

/u/si-malek, Jun 19, 2022

2. DPC Issue In Balanced Power Mode

Hi Corey,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the issue that you are facing with the sound?

The difference between Balanced Mode and Power Saver Mode is that Balanced Mode automatically increases the CPU's speed when the computer needs it and reduces it when it is not necessary. The Power Saver Mode will attempt to save power by reducing CPU's
    speed all the time and lowering the screen brightness with the intention of increasing battery life.

Also, we have another mode, i.e., High Performance Mode and this mode does not lower the CPU's speed when it is being used and also increases the screen brightness.

For the DPC issue, put your computer in Balanced Mode, follow the below methods, and check if this helps.

Method 1: Disable Dynamic Ticking.

Step 1: Click on the Start Menu and search for
    Command Prompt > Right-click on Command Prompt > Click on
    Run As Administrator.

Step 2: In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and hit
    Enter.

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

Step 3: Once the command is executed successfully, you should see
    Operation completed successfully message, so exit from Command Prompt and check for the issue.

Method 2: Update Graphics Card.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in Update drivers in Windows 10 and update your Display
    adapters drivers and check for the issue.

Method 3: Tampering with Network Devices.

Step 1: Click on the Start Menu and search for
    Device Manager and hit Enter.

Step 2: Expand Network adapters and locate the Wireless and Ethernet adapters (they should be at the top of the list and carry a bran's name such as Intel) >
    Right-click on each one and click on Properties > Go to
    Advanced tab > Locate Energy Ethernet and disable it by choosing the option under
    Value and choosing Off.

Step 3: Then, go to Power Management tab and
    uncheck the box next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power (make sure you repeat the process for all suitable devices that you apply the changes and check for the DPC issue).

Method 4: Disable Firewall/Antivirus.

If you have installed any third-party security software, I suggest you to temporarily disable them and check for the DPC issue.

Note: Software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software and\or troubleshoot any
    pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.

Method 5: Finding The Device That Is Causing The DPC Issue.

The common problematic devices that may cause the DPC issue are Network/WiFi adapters, card readers, sound devices that are not in use, Bluetooth adapters, and graphics card.

To narrow down which device is causing the issue, try disabling the above device one by one from Device Manager and then run the DPC test again. If DPC test is successful, then enable each device and run the test again to see exactly
    which device is causing the issue. If you find the device that is causing the issue, then uninstall that device from your computer, go to the manufactures website, and install the latest drivers for that device, else get back to us to help you further.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 19, 2022
  3. DPC Issue In Balanced Power Mode

Hi!

For quite some time now I have been having some issues with my sound in Windows 10 desktop. After narrowing down the possibilities using drivers and installing various Hardware. I have come to the conclusion that it is a DPC issue. using DPC latency checker
    I've seen it Spike several times in regions where it's not supposed to. The only time that this does not is when power saver mode is enabled. I would prefer to keep balanced on.

In conclusion is it possible for me to determine the DPC issue in balanced mode and high power mode but is not present in power saver?

***Edited Original Title From: What is the difference between balanced and power saving mode in Windows 10***

CoreyTurner1, Jun 19, 2022
  4. AndyNevex Win User

i have a problem in my laptop ,there is only balanced power mode . even after i do the...

Power Plan stuck in Balanced Mode.

I have this bug for some time now but since i couldn't find a fix for it i decided to post it here to see if anybody could help me.

Basically, my power plan is stuck on Balanced mode and whenever i try to choose the Maximum Performance mode it just resets to Balanced Mode again.

I have tried to create my own power plan but with no avail, it still reverts to balanced mode. Does anyone know the fix for this?

Thank you guys in advance and sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.

AndyNevex, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

i have a problem in my laptop ,there is only balanced power mode . even after i do the...

1. i have a problem in my laptop ,there is only balanced power mode . even after i do the... - Similar Threads - problem laptop balanced

2. Battery power balanced mode issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery power balanced mode issue.: So I got my brand new laptop and it’s a Lenovo legion 7. I was play while plugged in and it’s amazing of how powerful it is. But I noticed something. One day I was playing and mid game I unplugged it to move spots and the laptop went to balanced mode, balanced mode was...
  3. Getting only balanced power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting only balanced power plan: Hey there ! In control panel , I am only getting balanced power plan in windows 11 . My version of windows is 21H2 , with OS BUILD 22000.856 . How to fix this ???...
  4. Getting only balanced power plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting only balanced power plan: Hey there ! In control panel , I am only getting balanced power plan in windows 11 . My version of windows is 21H2 , with OS BUILD 22000.856 . How to fix this ???...
  5. Hello i have a problem when i power my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello i have a problem when i power my laptop: Hello, so i have a problem in my laptopevertime i try to power it on i get this messagei don't know what to doplease help me if you can... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-power-my-laptop/5e6dee46-8f68-42f0-b9e2-5b9a5d851920
  6. Hello i have a problem when i power my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello i have a problem when i power my laptop: Hello, so i have a problem in my laptopevertime i try to power it on i get this messagei don't know what to doplease help me if you can... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-when-i-power-my-laptop/5e6dee46-8f68-42f0-b9e2-5b9a5d851920
  7. Hello i have a problem when i power my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Additional power setting only shows balanced mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Additional power setting only shows balanced mode.: I am not able to change power setting because the additional power setting only shows balanced mode. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-power-setting-only-shows-balanced-mode/21a8809c-5681-4de5-9ac1-44ce01334ed2
  9. Laptop display brightness stuck in Balanced Power Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop display brightness stuck in Balanced Power Mode: Hi all, Have a strange issue. As the title suggests, I can't change my laptop's display brightness when 'balanced' power mode is selected. Doesn't matter if I use my fn keys or the native windows slider. Changing the mode to 'high performance' unlocks the brightness slider...
  10. DPC Issue In Balanced Power Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DPC Issue In Balanced Power Mode: Hi! For quite some time now I have been having some issues with my sound in Windows 10 desktop. After narrowing down the possibilities using drivers and installing various Hardware. I have come to the conclusion that it is a DPC issue. using DPC latency checker I've seen...