Windows 10: I have a problem of access between computers on my home network

Discus and support I have a problem of access between computers on my home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to access files on a drive connected to my desktop from an Asus T100. Both machines are running Windows 10 and both are connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by brianmck(&), Jun 19, 2019.

1. I have a problem of access between computers on my home network

I am trying to access files on a drive connected to my desktop from an Asus T100. Both machines are running Windows 10 and both are connected to the same network.

Am I asking for the impossible or should I be able to do this

I keep getting error messages that say that I do not have permission to use this network resource......

:)

brianmck(&), Jun 19, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jun 27, 2019
  4. I have a problem of access between computers on my home network

Network Communication problem with multiple computers

Hi Jay,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Network discovery might be blocking you from seeing other computers and devices on the network. Check if the Network discovery is turned on. If the network discovery setting on your computer is set to off, you
    won't see other computers and devices on the network.

Steps to Turn on network discovery.

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings.
    • Under Private, Network discovery, check mark the option
      Turn on network discovery.
    • Try the same on all the computers connected to the network.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, run
    HomeGroup troubleshooter and check.

HomeGroup troubleshooter finds and fix problems with viewing computers or shared folders in a HomeGroup.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane and click on
      HomeGroup
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

I have a problem of access between computers on my home network

1. I have a problem of access between computers on my home network - Similar Threads - problem access between

2. Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE: I have 2 identical HP laptops. Both were on Windows 10 and I had the home network setup so that I could transfer and send files back and forth. NO problems.for some stupid reason I Upgraded 1 to Windows 11 and now>>>From the Windows 10 I can still send easily files to the...
  3. Cannot access other computers on my home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  4. Can't access computers on home network

Can't access computers on home network: I'm setting up a new Dell XPS 8930. Existing home network which uses Workgroup at this point includes a Win7 Dell and a Win8.1 Lenovo. The Win7 will be updated to 10 when this problem is solved. All computers show up on all computers under Network. The Win10 can access the...
  5. credentials problem accessing computer on home network

credentials problem accessing computer on home network: Simple version: When I attempt to access computer name Tosh-64 from any other computer on the network, I WAS getting challenged for a user name and p/w. I kept getting 'wrong uname or p/w. Made a big mistake and tried MS account credentials. It's a local account and of course...
  6. Accessing Computers Over Home Network

Accessing Computers Over Home Network: We have three computers at home. When all three computers were on Windows 7, sharing was a pain in the...but it worked. Everyone could basically access everything on everyone else's computers. Two computers were recently upgraded to Windows 10, one is still on Windows 7....
  7. Access to another computer on my home network.

Access to another computer on my home network.: When trying to access a second computer I'm required to enter a user name and password. There are no user names and/or passwords on any of my computers. What now?...
  8. transfer files between computers on a home network

transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  9. transfer files between computers on a home network

in Windows 10 Support
    transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  10. how setup access between computers on my wireless network

how setup access between computers on my wireless network: Just added win 10 laptop to my home network. How to I share access between my win xp tower & my other win 7 laptop? When I try to access another computer with my win 10 computer I either don't see the c drive or I get asked to log in with a user name & password I can't figure...