Windows 10: I have a problem with my firewall settings!

Discus and support I have a problem with my firewall settings! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot change my firewall settings at all! It seems like somebody blocked my firewall settings so, I cannot change them. I need to allow one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarekGajdosz, Sep 4, 2020.

1. I have a problem with my firewall settings!

Hi,

I cannot change my firewall settings at all! It seems like somebody blocked my firewall settings so, I cannot change them. I need to allow one very important software to run on my computer as I'm working on it, but I cannot change my firewall settings as it's blocked somehow. Please, tell what should I do to unlock these settings?

I'm going to upload screenshot of the exact thing I need. It's in Polish language, but there shouldn't be an issue to understand this problem.

Thanks for help,

Marek I have a problem with my firewall settings! c55329ae-7844-433b-ac21-c608651ae6d6?upload=true.png

:)

MarekGajdosz, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Problem with Anti-Virus/Firewall settings?

Did you restart the browser after changing the settings? Sometimes that is required.

Also, do you have security software (A/V, firewall, etc.) that may be preventing any personal/computer information from being sent over the web? (That, however, should not cause your download to fail, but that may be a different problem).

Kreij, Sep 4, 2020
  3. 333qaz333 Win User
    Problem with Anti-Virus/Firewall settings?

Yeah, I did restart my browser, didn't help though.

I don't have any Anti-Virus software on my computer, and I disabled Windows Firewall (the only firewall I have on my computer).

I'm really stumped.. this is really weird. I'm really starting to think I have some sort of really weird virus or something. I can't figure out what else it could be.

Any other suggestions? Thanks so much for the help so far guys.

333qaz333, Sep 4, 2020
  4. I have a problem with my firewall settings!

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

I have a problem with my firewall settings!

1. I have a problem with my firewall settings! - Similar Threads - problem firewall settings

2. Firewall Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Problems: Is there a way to stop applications editing my firewall settings? In particular I have one application that adds rules every time it powers-up, so over time it litters the firewall with hundreds of similar entries. 179865
  3. I have a problem with the settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a problem with the settings.: [ATTACH]Most of them are missing and I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-with-the-settings/4ff2f551-4b5a-48a7-8b89-00bbc5771f34
  4. I have problem with the settings.

I have problem with the settings.: [ATTACH]Most of them are missing and I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-the-settings/4ff2f551-4b5a-48a7-8b89-00bbc5771f34
  5. Windows firewall ignores my rule that i set

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall ignores my rule that i set: I’m running this program on my 2nd PC and when I installed it it automatically allows it through. But i then also set my own inbound and outbound rule to allow it. But windows firewall ignores this rule and continues not to allow it through. When I disable the firewall it...
  6. Problems with the firewall

Problems with the firewall: I try to listen to music by spotify and since yesterday it has not been possible. I get an error message that says: Please modify your firewall to allow Spotify traffic (Error 101). How could I modify my firewall in Windows 10?...
  7. firewall settings

firewall settings: I want to know how I can allow "coreldraw2017 whats the font" to be used on my desktop, it is being blocked by my firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-settings/af29a469-3dbb-4fe3-bf7c-4a820edeabb3"
  8. Firewall Problem

Firewall Problem: Hello- Looking for help to turn on our firewall (also not sure how or when it was turned off). We get a message that security and maintenance cannot turn on firewall. Error code is: 0x8007045b Additional Error code is: 0x45b and reads "a system shutdown is in process"...
  9. problems with a firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problems with a firewall: Good morning everyone so is that I live in islannd and have a little computer problem I hope you can help me with that.My son has been disorienting something in a setting for the network, I think, I can't go to youtub or Netflix It starts loding but nothing happens But when...
  10. Problems with firewall settings/alerts

Problems with firewall settings/alerts: Just recently I've started getting alerts about "network firewall". I have NIS and always check and it's always running. Finally, I went to security settings in control panel, checked the settings there, and it reports NIS as being turned off, so I turned it on from there....