Windows 10: I have a problem with my GPU

Discus and support I have a problem with my GPU in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; For some reasons whenever i play GTA V i lag really badly , the game itself says it use 3.5gb vram yet in msi afterburner it shows the gpu is on 99% on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by korwolf, Dec 6, 2018.

1. korwolf Win User

I have a problem with my GPU

For some reasons whenever i play GTA V i lag really badly , the game itself says it use 3.5gb vram yet in msi afterburner it shows the gpu is on 99% on usage the graphic card is 1070

korwolf, Dec 6, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 6, 2018
  3. axe0 Win User
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

axe0, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Zeond1987 Win User

Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. I have a problem with my GPU - Similar Threads - problem GPU

2. System Sounds Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Sounds Problem: Hi My laptop Lenovo Y700 running windows 10 showed me bluescreen after playing a game and after that sound systems such as USB plugin sounds or the sound after clicking on the sound scroll on the taskbar and etc had stopped working. What should I do now?! Thank you....
  3. Virus,malware and blue screen problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus,malware and blue screen problems: I've been having virus.malware and blue screen problems i hope someone can help me fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virusmalware-and-blue-screen-problems/829a8594-a00e-4236-b47d-94ab3190dd4f
  4. Hello - problem after Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hello - problem after Windows 10 October 2018 Update: A few days ago I updated to October 2018! After restart, this error occurs: " "Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer because of a problem that occurred with your paging file configuration when you started your computer. The total paging file size for...
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 "Unlock Full Game' Problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 "Unlock Full Game' Problem.: It Says "Unlock Full Game" When I Already Owned It, I Tryed to clear the cache of the microsoft store, but it didnt work! i have a roleplay to do, please help! [IMG]...
  6. Windows 10 sound buzzing problem persists

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 sound buzzing problem persists: Hi There I am having trouble with my windows 10 audio. When the system sleep and reopen, there is constant buzzing sound in any audio outputs (headphones, build-in speakers etc. ). I suspect there is a driver problem so I went to sound setting and check for sound driver...
  7. Problem with cpu 100% load and GPU 0% load in game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with cpu 100% load and GPU 0% load in game: I have a problem with my cpu, when I play the processor goes into full load and the video card instead remains at 0%, two days that goes on like this with all the games. My configuration: Cpu: i5 7600k Motherboard: MSI z270 pro carbon Video card: MSI GAMING X 1060 6gb Ram:...
  8. PSU/GPU Power Problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PSU/GPU Power Problem: I originally had an asus R7 250x that stopped working with my PC and it would not boot/display. Pressing the power button would yield no result. It worked fine for 3+ months before giving me this problem. I had a friend with a 500w PSU and he let me have it. I installed it...
  9. Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU: So I originally had an older GPU (forgot the model, but it was NVIDIA) everything worked fine. After installing it, my PC starts most of the time, however, sometimes it will just sit there with a blinking underscore. I have a Samsung 250GB SSD, as well as a HDD. I keep...
  10. Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU: So I originally had an older GPU (forgot the model, but it was NVIDIA) everything worked fine. After installing it, my PC starts most of the time, however, sometimes it will just sit there with a blinking underscore. I have a Samsung 250GB SSD, as well as a HDD. I keep...