Windows 10: I have a problem with my Windows activation after change my board

Discus and support I have a problem with my Windows activation after change my board in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a problem with my Windows activation after change my board... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PatricTommas, Feb 27, 2019.

1. I have a problem with my Windows activation after change my board

I have a problem with my Windows activation after change my board

:)

PatricTommas, Feb 27, 2019
  2. no1yak Win User

Activation on new board

Hi All, I have a question on activation. I have two machines, one Asrock and the other Asus. The Asrock was a free upgrade from Win 8 pro to 10 pro using my retail licence and was activated. My Asus was installed with 10 pro via a retail licence.

Now, the Asrock has been decommissioned and I'm waiting for new board to arrive (Asus)I want to use the retail 10 key for the new board but, my other Asus was activated using that key. So I went into the activation screen and changed the licence to my Win 8 Pro key and it activated with no problems.

Does that now mean that the 10 pro key is freed up to use on the new board. Or am I snookered.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

no1yak, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Instructions to change board?

Boot off of the windows CD, repair your XP partition (hopefully you won't have to reinstall windows), install drivers, and you're good to go. You'll see dual channel mode in the BIOS splash screen results from POST. It'll be pretty obvious *Stick Out Tongue I have a problem with my Windows activation after change my board :p. Here's a list of general tweaks for the 939Dual-SATA2.
    Step one- Set time, date
    Step two- In CPU settings, disable cool n quiet, set memory clock to DDR400, play with memory timings (CAS-TRAS-TRP-TRCD), which are listed in the bios in the order CAS, TRCD, TRAS, and TRP. EDIT- new BIOS's mess around with this order, can't be too sure on it, but yeah at least you know what the RAM timings stand for *Big Grin I have a problem with my Windows activation after change my board :D.
    Leave MA timing at 2T unless you think your system can handle 1T
    Step three- in Chipset settings, enable onboard LAN, disable onboard Audio, disable AGP fast write, set primary graphics adapter, and set CPU-NB and NB-SB link speed to 1000mhz.
    Step four- in IDE, disable controllers you aren't using. On all drives detected, enable SMART if you can and set PIO/DMA as high as they will go.
    Step five- Enable legacy USB support
    Step six- Set password if you're worried about anyone screwing around with your BIOS settings
    Step seven- Configure your boot sequence. I reccomend hard drive first, optical drive second, and floppy drive third.
    Step eight- Save changes, boot into XP, and enjoy your computer.

zekrahminator, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Kaleemah Win User

Unable to activate Windows after changing Mother board.

Unable to activate Windows after changing Mother board. There was an update installed from Windows Store related to Intel storage, after restarting Windows Mother board BIOS was damaged. Since Motherboard was under Warranty, replaced it now cannot activate
    Windows 10.

Kaleemah, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. I have a problem with my Windows activation after change my board - Similar Threads - problem activation change

2. Activation Windows After change mother board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  3. Activation Windows After change mother board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Windows After change mother board: I changed my motherboard and after it, I can't activate my windows.I already try to troubleshooting and select the key linked with my e-mail, but it doesn't work.The message error is: We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try later....
  4. I have a problem activating my Windows 11 Pro after a few changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem activating my Windows 11 Pro after a few changes: I had a Windows 11 Pro - Retail running for about 18 months I have the order number but no product keyI recently purchased a new 2TB SSD and decided to make a few changes Updating my BIOS and using the new SSD as my new primary driveI was not able to transfer my licenses to...
  5. I have a problem activating my Windows 11 Pro after a few changes

I have a problem activating my Windows 11 Pro after a few changes: I had a Windows 11 Pro - Retail running for about 18 months I have the order number but no product keyI recently purchased a new 2TB SSD and decided to make a few changes Updating my BIOS and using the new SSD as my new primary driveI was not able to transfer my licenses to...
  6. Activation error after main board change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation error after main board change: "Could not activate Windows. We are unable to connect to the activation servers at this time. Make sure you are connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes and try again. 0x80072f8f". The problem occurs even though the date and time are synchronized. I tried a different key...
  7. Activation error after main board change

Activation error after main board change: "Could not activate Windows. We are unable to connect to the activation servers at this time. Make sure you are connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes and try again. 0x80072f8f". The problem occurs even though the date and time are synchronized. I tried a different key...
  8. Activation error after main board change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Windows Activation After Mother board Failuer in my laptop i Changed my laptop bios chip

Windows Activation After Mother board Failuer in my laptop i Changed my laptop bios chip: Hey Guys can You help me to activate my windows because its activated device i changed some hard ware like i had BIOS failuer IN My hp 14df2300cl I am From Bangladesh this FIxed by BIOS Chips Replacement And Up graded My RAM FROM 4GB TO 12 GB NOW ITS SHOWING ITS NOT ACTIVATED...
  10. Windows 10 activation problem after changing mother board

Windows 10 activation problem after changing mother board: I have HP dv6 laptop which came with pre installed windows 7 oem license. I upgraded it to windows 10 home ed using free program service.Recently, motherboard failed so i bought " used" motherboard.But now i am unable to activate windows using trouble shooter (and selecting...