Windows 10: I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer

Discus and support I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I encrypted files on my old computer and I have the certificate and remember its password. I moved all my files with the certificate to an external SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YasserTelmissany, Dec 17, 2021.

1. I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer

I encrypted files on my old computer and I have the certificate and remember its password. I moved all my files with the certificate to an external SSD and deleted my user on the old computer and sold it.Now on my new computer MacBook Pro 16 2019 with Win10 on Bootcamp I tried to read my encrypted files with no success.What can I do?

:)

YasserTelmissany, Dec 17, 2021

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Dec 17, 2021
  3. modder Win User
    Software encryption

read this:
    The Encrypting File System (EFS) is a file system driver with filesystem-level encryption available in Microsoft Windows (2000 and later) operating systems, except Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista Basic, and Windows Vista Home Premium. The technology transparently allows files to be encrypted on NTFS file systems to protect confidential data from attackers with physical access to the computer.

User authentication and access control lists can protect files from unauthorized access while the operating system is running, but are easily circumvented if an attacker gains physical access to the computer. One solution is to store the files encrypted on the disks of the computer. EFS does this using public key cryptography, and aims to ensure that decrypting the files is in theory impossible without the correct key. However, EFS is in practice susceptible to brute-force attacks against the user account passwords. In other words, encryption of files is only as strong as the password to unlock the decryption key.

read more ...wikipedia Encrypting File System - Wikipedia

modder, Dec 17, 2021
  4. I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer

Software encryption

You expect people smart enough to reset your password to have physical access to your computer and care enough at the same time to bother?

DanTheBanjoman, Dec 17, 2021
Thema:

I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer

1. I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer - Similar Threads - problem reading encrypted

2. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer: I have a windows 10 home and im trying to put a password on a file so no one can get into it but i cant because i right click on the folder i click properties i then click advanced and i see that the encryption option is greyed out so i cant even use it i've tryed a lot of...
  3. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer: I have a windows 10 home and im trying to put a password on a file so no one can get into it but i cant because i right click on the folder i click properties i then click advanced and i see that the encryption option is greyed out so i cant even use it i've tryed a lot of...
  4. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer: so i have a windows 10 im trying to Encrypt a empty file folder but for some reason i can't i go to properties on the folder then i click advanced in general and i see that the Encryption button is grayed out it doesn't work i try everything searching on the Microsoft website...
  6. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer: so i have a windows 10 im trying to Encrypt a empty file folder but for some reason i can't i go to properties on the folder then i click advanced in general and i see that the Encryption button is grayed out it doesn't work i try everything searching on the Microsoft website...
  7. my Encryption wont work on files and i have a virus that is stuck on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer: I encrypted files on my old computer and I have the certificate and remember its password. I moved all my files with the certificate to an external SSD and deleted my user on the old computer and sold it.Now on my new computer MacBook Pro 16 2019 with Win10 on Bootcamp I...
  9. I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer

I have a problem with reading my encrypted files on a new computer: I encrypted files on my old computer and I have the certificate and remember its password. I moved all my files with the certificate to an external SSD and deleted my user on the old computer and sold it.Now on my new computer MacBook Pro 16 2019 with Win10 on Bootcamp I...
  10. Read and write encrypted file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read and write encrypted file: Hi I have created an encrypted file using AES , stored this encrypted file into a folder in my D drive . This encrypted file consists of junk characters .My next task is to read that file . I have tried methods such as _tfopen_s and _wfopen_s etc. but I could not able to...