Windows 10: I have a problem with running steam, can you help me?

Discus and support I have a problem with running steam, can you help me? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; [img] This image shows the problem, can you tell me what to do?? 138295 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ltp2, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Ltp2 Win User

I have a problem with running steam, can you help me?

I have a problem with running steam, can you help me? [​IMG]

This image shows the problem, can you tell me what to do??

:)

2. steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please confirm a few things for me.

1. Is this issue occurring with ‘Steam’ being installed on your system?
    2. Have you checked if the controller still works on your Windows when ‘Steam’ is not running in the background?

Please check with the following methods.

Method 1:

Stop the process for steam in task manager and check with this.

You can stop ‘Steam’ running in the background by following the steps below:

1. Press ‘Ctrl’, ‘Shift’ and ‘Esc’. This will launch the ‘Task Manager’.
    2. Click on the ‘Details’ tab, you should be able to locate the ‘steam.exe’ process if ‘Steam’ is running in the background.
    3. Right-click on it and select ‘End process tree’ to stop the ‘Steam’ running in the background.
    4. Check if the controller is still working on the Desktop.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to check the settings in the Steam application. You may follow the steps below:

1. Launch the ‘Steam’ application, click on ‘Settings’.
    2. You should be able to locate the ‘Controller’ option under ‘Settings’.
    3. Under ‘Controller Configuration’, click on the ‘Desktop Configuration’. Please confirm the settings there.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Aug 10, 2019
  4. I have a problem with running steam, can you help me?

Problem With Steam Launcher Pls Help!

Hello Das,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Steam launcher not working in Windows 10.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to compatibility issues on the system.

I would suggest you to reinstall the game in compatibility mode and check if that helps. Please refer to the steps given below and check if that helps.

Try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
    Please refer to the following Microsoft help article given below and check if that helps.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows,
    please follow the steps in the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. You can run the Program
    Compatibility Troubleshooter on most programs to detect and fix common compatibility problems.

Important: Don’t run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on antivirus programs, firewall software, backup software, disk utilities, or on system programs that came with
    Windows. This might cause data loss or create a security risk.

You may also try the following steps and check if that help.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties

• Select Compatibility Tab

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    You may also refer to the link given below.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps & More | Microsoft

Note: It will find compatibility information and get Windows compatible device drivers, app updates, and downloads.

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Kith Macaraeg” replied on February 20, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link and check if that helps.

Problems with Steam on Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9926.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

I have a problem with running steam, can you help me?

1. I have a problem with running steam, can you help me? - Similar Threads - problem running steam

2. can you help me

in Windows 10 Customization
    can you help me: I changed my display in bios to UEFI from legacy in hopes to enable secure boot but it never worked, now when I turn my pc off and on my screen is black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me/078300b5-113d-4fe6-b8aa-611b20f2af5c
  3. Can you help me with this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me with this problem?: So I'm trying to install Visual studios on my laptop. I already have the setup but but whenever I run it, I get a "configuration parser error". The error goes like this; "Error parsing. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.configParser returned error...
  4. Can you help me with this problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you help me with this problem?: So I'm trying to install Visual studios on my laptop. I already have the setup but but whenever I run it, I get a "configuration parser error". The error goes like this; "Error parsing. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.configParser returned error...
  5. Can you help me with this problem?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Can you help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me?: I'm trying to install Virtualbox from Oracle and getting this message. But I'm unsure if you can help me because it is not a Microsoft product. If you can't, then just let me know.Look forward to hearing your response....
  7. Can you help me? I have an activation problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me? I have an activation problem.: I have activate my computer but it has error 0xC004F074 and it can't connect the organization activation server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-i-have-an-activation-problem/a9e196bb-49b8-457b-afe4-145ecf1afb15
  8. Can you help me? I have an activation problem.

Can you help me? I have an activation problem.: I have activate my computer but it has error 0xC004F074 and it can't connect the organization activation server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-i-have-an-activation-problem/a9e196bb-49b8-457b-afe4-145ecf1afb15
  9. can you help me with this?

can you help me with this?: I asked many questions here :https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-t-fix-issues-with-my-graphics-card/2f5e31b2-b780-4497-937b-2bb4055a3984?page=1but nothing worked."display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...
  10. Can you help me ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you help me ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rasquiMT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8a7x7/can_you_help_me/