Windows 10: I have a problem with USB power suspend in Windows 11.

Discus and support I have a problem with USB power suspend in Windows 11. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi - I have a problem with USB power suspend in Windows 11. I have an FTDI USB3 development board that I need to keep from going into power down, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SamePaper9, Oct 28, 2022.

1. I have a problem with USB power suspend in Windows 11.

Hi - I have a problem with USB power suspend in Windows 11. I have an FTDI USB3 development board that I need to keep from going into power down, but it always re-enables the 'USB selective suspend' option when it is disconnected and then re-connected. I've set all the visible hubs to disable the suspend option, but the FTDI board still behaves as above. Is there a fix for this please?Regards,Terry

:)

SamePaper9, Oct 28, 2022
  2. Guru-# Win User

USB settings in Power Plan Options on Windows 10 is missing, how to restore it?

As per the below suggested steps I am trying to disable the USB in USB selective suspend setting in my Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home. however, I do not find the USB Settings at all in two modes Balanced mode or Dell (Active) mode under change advanced
    power settings. How to restore it?

USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + X.
    2. Choose Power Options.
    3. Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    4. Open Change advanced power settings.
    5. Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    6. Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    7. Click Apply, then OK.

Guru-#, Oct 28, 2022
  3. USB Selective Suspend is not working

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest to post this under "Sleep and Power on/off" or "Windows Settings."

Also refer this for Windows USB Selective Suspend:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

GaneshGandhi1982, Oct 28, 2022
  4. I have a problem with USB power suspend in Windows 11.

I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11

Daniel -

Here are all other ways to turn off Selective Suspend for USB and Hub. The fixes are for Windows 10 but also apply to Windows 11:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/108197-add-...

The great thing about MVP Shawn Brink's tutorials is that he is normally the best expert on the subjects he writes about, and is usually easily accessible in the Comments section of his tutorials where you can contact him if you need further help.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Linked tutorial is from a trusted Microsoft MVP

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Oct 28, 2022
Thema:

I have a problem with USB power suspend in Windows 11.

1. I have a problem with USB power suspend in Windows 11. - Similar Threads - problem USB power

2. I have a problem with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with windows 11: hi, i'm having problems with windows 11 on my laptop. when i turn on the laptop i can connect to my user, but when it loads nothing works, everything freezes and says that windows keeps crashing but that soon everything will start working or to kill the process. I waited over...
  3. I have a problem with USB power suspend in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem with USB power suspend in Windows 11.: Hi - I have a problem with USB power suspend in Windows 11. I have an FTDI USB3 development board that I need to keep from going into power down, but it always re-enables the 'USB selective suspend' option when it is disconnected and then re-connected. I've set all the...
  4. I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11: I primarily use my computer while wearing an Steelseries Arctis 7 headset that requires a USB-connected Bluetooth dongle; recently I've been dealing with the frustration of constant beeping as the USB my dongle is plugged into is repeatedly turned on and off by USB Selective...
  5. I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot deactivate USB Selective Suspend on Windows 11: I primarily use my computer while wearing an Steelseries Arctis 7 headset that requires a USB-connected Bluetooth dongle; recently I've been dealing with the frustration of constant beeping as the USB my dongle is plugged into is repeatedly turned on and off by USB Selective...
  6. Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable USB device from suspending power Via the Registry: I have a USB device in my device manger called "USB Station" -- this appears to be a device / driver for my docking station. There is no Power Management option for this device in the device manager. How can I change the registry so that 'Allow the computer to turn off this...
  7. [Discussion] USB Suspend Settings / USB Power Management are problematic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Discussion] USB Suspend Settings / USB Power Management are problematic: I just got a new PC with fresh settings about two month ago. Thinking fresh system should have no issue on most of the thing, I naively plug my old keyboard (a MKA-3C) into the new PC. Before anything, the keyboard has no issue on the old PC, even with the keyboard RGB light...
  8. USB Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Selective Suspend: I've got an issue with selective suspend of a thermal printer in Windows 10 and I can't seem to find anywhere that specifically states the length of time Windows will wait. Any chance there's a simple answer for this? I'm able to disable it entirely, but it seems weird that...
  9. Make USB port powered while suspend/sleep/standby

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make USB port powered while suspend/sleep/standby: How to use power from USB port while it goes to standby/suspend mode. When I go to device manager- USB root hub- right click - properties -power management tab, the option "allow this device to wake computer" is inactive. But "allow this computer to turn off this device to...
  10. Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows: How to: Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "USB selective suspend setting" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify whether USB selective suspend is turned on or off. The USB...