Windows 10: I have a problem

Discus and support I have a problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay, so this has been happening since last night. My laptop has been acting odd and I can’t understand why its doing so. Here is some background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luckycalico, Aug 29, 2019.

1. I have a problem

Okay, so this has been happening since last night. My laptop has been acting odd and I can’t understand why its doing so.

Here is some background info:

✧My laptop is a Lenovo brand that runs on Windows 10. If any other info is needed here, let me know and I’ll do my best to find it.

✧I got this laptop on Christmas of last year, so it isn’t very old.

✧I RARELY download anything without doing research first to make sure it’s safe. My laptop mainly consists of art programs and a few games from Steam.

The problem:

✧Since yesterday, my laptop has had a problem. It told me that it needed to restart after I uninstalled an art program I didn’t like, but I was busy and put it off until later.

Once I rebooted it, I was greeted with a screen that said “auto repair starting” or something of that nature. Once it had finished loading, I saw a black screen with my cursor- BSOD, as some call it. Then, there was a blue screen. My stepdad said this one is ALSO called BSOD.

The screen stated this;

“Automatic Repair”

”Your PC did not start correctly”

”Press to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press “Advanced options” to try other options to repair your PC.”

✧I attempted to restart my PC and it SEEMED as though it was going to load normally. Then, I got a blue screen that went something like; “Your PC needs restart. We’ll do this for you. I have a problem :(

I have attempted multiple restarts. This is the outcome every time.

From here, I tried out advanced options.
    ✧Exit and continue to Windows 10.

I tried this first, but to no surprise, it failed.

✧Troubleshoot (Reset your pc)

I tried this with BOTH options of keeping or removing my files. Both ended in an error message like this; “Windows ran into an error and couldn’t reset. No changes were made.”

✧System Restore

I tried this twice. The first time was going fine at first, but it eventually froze and I had to restart my laptop. This went the same way the last option did- I was met with an error and Windows didn’t change anything.

✧Startup Repair

I tried this, but I can’t remember how it ended. All I know is that it didn’t work.

Advanced options I did NOT try:

✧Startup Settings

Since I didn’t feel as though this would change anything, I left it alone.

✧Uninstall Updates

System Restore and Resetting My PC didn’t work, so I felt as though this would be met with similar results.

✧UEFI Firmware Settings

I was unsure if this would solve anything since i have no knowledge about firmware.

✧Command Prompt.

I didn’t know whether this would work or not. Since tampering with this is potentially dangerous if done incorrectly, I left it alone.

✧System Image File

I don’t know much about this, so I didn’t know whether or not this would do anything.

Does anyone have suggestions? I’m not sure what to do, but I’m willing to try just about anything.

:)

Luckycalico, Aug 29, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Aug 29, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

I have a problem

UNIGINE-Valley BENCHMARK scores

OK, no problem! It's your list...I was just making a suggestion. No hard feelings?

rtwjunkie, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

I have a problem

1. I have a problem - Similar Threads - problem

2. Windows telling me I have an acount problem after the latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows telling me I have an acount problem after the latest update: I have the latest update installed Build - 18363.476 and it is still forcing me to attempt to fix my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-telling-me-i-have-an-acount-problem-after/cbf6e3b0-1362-4f56-972a-b7179bfe9b3f
  3. problem with installation update Windows 10, version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem with installation update Windows 10, version 1903: Hello! One message always appears when trying to install this update. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you still see this message and would like to look for information on the web or contact support, this may help: Windows 10...
  4. Problem reinstalling Windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem reinstalling Windows 10 home: Hi I recently had to reinstall my OS from disk(.ios) The thing I didn't realise at the time was the disk is Windows 10 Professional which I cannot activate and Windows tells me this computer is licensed for Windows 10 Home when I press the activation button So I thought the...
  5. Blue Screen with restarting problem ststes stopcode:0x000021a

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen with restarting problem ststes stopcode:0x000021a: My computer restarts with a blue screen with this funny message. I do not know if this is a software issue or a hardware issue. This issue started 3 month earlier, I reset my laptop for 4 times, still got the restarting problem so I sent it to the manufacture Lenovo technical...
  6. Mouse problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse problem: When I am moving my mouse it frequently highlights what it is being dragged over sometimes selects and therefore an action takes place that I didn't want. I tried drivers, I tried a different USB mouse and still it happened. Then I actually received a replacement laptop and...
  7. Error: there is a problem with your renewal fix it after renewing subscription

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error: there is a problem with your renewal fix it after renewing subscription: I renewed my subscription and received an e-mail confirmation yet I still get "there is a problem with your renewal fix it" Help me get rid of this John T ***Modified title from: subscription renewal ***...
  8. New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem

in Windows 10 Support
    New to Windows 10 - Discovered a problem: Hello folks. I'm new here because I'm new to Windows 10. Last week I bit the bullet and picked up a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF computer, which came with Windows 10 Pro (version 1903). The new computer replaces one I had built for me in 2012 (or around about that time)...
  9. Driver has some problems to install to HP Envy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver has some problems to install to HP Envy: [ATTACH] when I try install file: sp98547.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-has-some-problems-to-install-to-hp-envy/46ac2639-26fa-4363-ae5e-5ab2e6a62a68
  10. problem with booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with booting: Iam having problem with booting I created bootable flash drive of Windows 10 When i use command bootrec /fixboot Give me an error access denied Also when i use the command bcdboot c:/windows give me an error BFSVC Error: Could not open the BCD template store. Status =...