Windows 10: I have a problem

Discus and support I have a problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay, so this has been happening since last night. My laptop has been acting odd and I can’t understand why its doing so. Here is some background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luckycalico, Aug 29, 2019.

1. I have a problem

Okay, so this has been happening since last night. My laptop has been acting odd and I can’t understand why its doing so.

Here is some background info:

✧My laptop is a Lenovo brand that runs on Windows 10. If any other info is needed here, let me know and I’ll do my best to find it.

✧I got this laptop on Christmas of last year, so it isn’t very old.

✧I RARELY download anything without doing research first to make sure it’s safe. My laptop mainly consists of art programs and a few games from Steam.

The problem:

✧Since yesterday, my laptop has had a problem. It told me that it needed to restart after I uninstalled an art program I didn’t like, but I was busy and put it off until later.

Once I rebooted it, I was greeted with a screen that said “auto repair starting” or something of that nature. Once it had finished loading, I saw a black screen with my cursor- BSOD, as some call it. Then, there was a blue screen. My stepdad said this one is ALSO called BSOD.

The screen stated this;

“Automatic Repair”

”Your PC did not start correctly”

”Press to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press “Advanced options” to try other options to repair your PC.”

✧I attempted to restart my PC and it SEEMED as though it was going to load normally. Then, I got a blue screen that went something like; “Your PC needs restart. We’ll do this for you. I have a problem :(

I have attempted multiple restarts. This is the outcome every time.

From here, I tried out advanced options.
    ✧Exit and continue to Windows 10.

I tried this first, but to no surprise, it failed.

✧Troubleshoot (Reset your pc)

I tried this with BOTH options of keeping or removing my files. Both ended in an error message like this; “Windows ran into an error and couldn’t reset. No changes were made.”

✧System Restore

I tried this twice. The first time was going fine at first, but it eventually froze and I had to restart my laptop. This went the same way the last option did- I was met with an error and Windows didn’t change anything.

✧Startup Repair

I tried this, but I can’t remember how it ended. All I know is that it didn’t work.

Advanced options I did NOT try:

✧Startup Settings

Since I didn’t feel as though this would change anything, I left it alone.

✧Uninstall Updates

System Restore and Resetting My PC didn’t work, so I felt as though this would be met with similar results.

✧UEFI Firmware Settings

I was unsure if this would solve anything since i have no knowledge about firmware.

✧Command Prompt.

I didn’t know whether this would work or not. Since tampering with this is potentially dangerous if done incorrectly, I left it alone.

✧System Image File

I don’t know much about this, so I didn’t know whether or not this would do anything.

Does anyone have suggestions? I’m not sure what to do, but I’m willing to try just about anything.

:)

Luckycalico, Aug 29, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Aug 29, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

I have a problem

UNIGINE-Valley BENCHMARK scores

OK, no problem! It's your list...I was just making a suggestion. No hard feelings?

rtwjunkie, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

I have a problem

1. I have a problem - Similar Threads - problem

2. BSOD Stop Code: bad_system_config_info and error code: 0xc0000001 booting problem repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Stop Code: bad_system_config_info and error code: 0xc0000001 booting problem repair: Hello Microsoft team! This problem I have is something I cannot seem to fix with many solutions tried. RecoveryYour PC couldn't restart correctlyAfter multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired.Error code: 0sc0000001You'll need...
  3. BSOD Stop Code: bad_system_config_info and error code: 0xc0000001 booting problem repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Stop Code: bad_system_config_info and error code: 0xc0000001 booting problem repair: Hello Microsoft team! This problem I have is something I cannot seem to fix with many solutions tried. RecoveryYour PC couldn't restart correctlyAfter multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired.Error code: 0sc0000001You'll need...
  4. BSOD Stop Code: bad_system_config_info and error code: 0xc0000001 booting problem repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problems with my RecForth app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with my RecForth app: I buy the Recforth app into microsoft store since 2022, but when I use it now, I get message to buy now message, how do I fix this issue?? thanks for their help...
  6. Problems with my RecForth app

Problems with my RecForth app: I buy the Recforth app into microsoft store since 2022, but when I use it now, I get message to buy now message, how do I fix this issue?? thanks for their help...
  7. Internet having minor problems after CPU and MB swap

Internet having minor problems after CPU and MB swap: Recently upgraded from 13600K to 14700KF as well as changed motherboard from z690 to z790 gaming plus wifi and when I booted it up the ethernet and wifi drivers were broken no suprise there I downloaded the latest drivers from MSI website and MSI updated the rest of the...
  8. Internet having minor problems after CPU and MB swap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet having minor problems after CPU and MB swap: Recently upgraded from 13600K to 14700KF as well as changed motherboard from z690 to z790 gaming plus wifi and when I booted it up the ethernet and wifi drivers were broken no suprise there I downloaded the latest drivers from MSI website and MSI updated the rest of the...
  9. PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10

PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10: Hi - this random restart problem only started recently. I followed the Wiki guide at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 I have provided a link to the 3no. files as suggested -...
  10. PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Random Restart Problem Windows 10: Hi - this random restart problem only started recently. I followed the Wiki guide at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983 I have provided a link to the 3no. files as suggested -...