Windows 10: I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.

Discus and support I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I looked it up, and some say it is a cpuminer, and other say otherwise. However here, it does not have a publisher it seems. Should I be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ersterorletzter, Mar 6, 2021.

1. I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.

I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer. Nq2dacQ73EPi-a8J_MFC8yCnkSg2SzRVtG_a7k7zjhw.jpg

I looked it up, and some say it is a cpuminer, and other say otherwise. However here, it does not have a publisher it seems. Should I be concerned? I actually am. How can I delete this thing which I cannot find? Even on control panel it is not there. Given all of this, I suspect I have a virus on my PC. Correct? What can I do to fix this?

https://preview.redd.it/p9kr0mckyel...bp&s=3bc2087151eb5d1bf75e01f5bb85b2496247808f

submitted by /u/ersterorletzter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ersterorletzter, Mar 6, 2021

2. File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Process Explorer 11.0

Looks ok except it doesn't come up when you hit ctl,alt,del. The normal one comes up. You have to actually click on the program.... I was hoping it would replace the old process list.

DrunkenMafia, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer.

1. I have a program on my PC which I cannot find. I cannot find it in Processes or file explorer. - Similar Threads - program cannot find

2. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find a file I just downloaded?: I recently exported a video file I've been editing. It went fine, the folder popped up at the end and I quickly watched the video. I then closed the applications and went straight to Youtube to start it uploading, only to find it wasn't in the folder I put it in. It was on my...
  3. I cannot unload my taskbar! I cannot find the option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot unload my taskbar! I cannot find the option: I cannot unload my taskbar! I cannot find the option to turn it off when I click right on the main page.Can someone please tell me how to do it!Now when I am on the taskbar I can open the apps BUT when I go up to the top on the taskbar there is not option to extend it. It...
  4. I cannot find scanning image on my PC

I cannot find scanning image on my PC: When I scanning document, I see window during scanning, but, after finish, I can not find where my scan image went. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-find-scanning-image-on-my-pc/a8bb05cd-d70b-4aae-99eb-bb08d41b2f7b
  5. I cannot find my files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot find my files on OneDrive: I cannot find my files on OneDrive. These files were saved on OneDrive when I was working on my laptop. Now I tried to open these files on the desktop but couldn’t find them. What is the problem?...
  6. I cannot find some of the programs I have registered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I cannot find some of the programs I have registered: I must have more than one account. I cannot find some of the programs I have registered. I recently had someone called Dr. Laptop install a new SSD because my HD had packed up. He put some unregistered version of Windows 10 on it and I cannot register it or personalise or...
  7. File explorer cannot find files

in Cortana
    File explorer cannot find files: After the most recent update of Windows 10, File Explorer stopped working. I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find anything. I need to be able to find files. HELP!...
  8. I have 189GB of temporary files that I cannot find or delete

I have 189GB of temporary files that I cannot find or delete: Hello, As stated in the title, I recently checked my storage settings and found that my D: Drive has 189GB of temporary files. If I click the "Temporary files" header, the screen simply shows a "scanning" bar at the top for a few seconds, and then there are no temporary...
  9. I have a problem with "Windows cannot find...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a problem with "Windows cannot find...: i'm having problem with that. It appears every time my laptop turn on. Then, my laptop just working normally. But this sign just bother me, i always wondering is there something that i don't know that could harm my laptop? I tried to following some steps i searched on...
  10. I cannot find my s.d.card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot find my s.d.card: Loaded a 32 gb card,but cannot locate it on my p.c. Surely it should show as soon as inserted, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-cannot-find-my-sdcard/85bb2e9b-b9e9-4b72-ab31-bb15b6341e85