Windows 10: I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...

Discus and support I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a question. My device is a personal desktop only I use it. I was using a user or user admin account that was created by the organization that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by slimnuk007, Jan 29, 2023.

1. I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...

I have a question. My device is a personal desktop only I use it. I was using a user or user admin account that was created by the organization that put together this computer its a custom prebuilt gaming machine i got from best buy like 7 years ago. was the only account i ever used im pretty sure. I had some sort of corruption issue that was causing windows explorer to use an insane amount of cpu resources when moving the mouse. I tried to fix this buy activating the built-in-admin account and deleting my corrupted user account while logged onto the built-in-admin and making a new a

:)

slimnuk007, Jan 29, 2023

2. Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 29, 2023
  3. Personalize desktop with pictures taken and stored within My Pictures

Hi Granite,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new folder, copy pictures whichever you want to set as desktop background and paste in new folder.

Now browse and select this folder to set as desktop background. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on desktop and select Personalize.
    • Under background select Slideshow.
    • Now browse for the folder which you created.
    • Turn on Shuffle.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 29, 2023
  4. I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...

How to Personalize Desktop Wallpaper

Hi Kathie,

You can personalize your desktop wallpaper by simply following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Click Background.
    • Click Browse to open File Explorer.
    • Navigate the folder to choose a photo that you desired.
    • Click Choose picture to finish.
    The preview window gives you a sneak peek of what will your desktop looks like if you change your desktop wallpaper.

You can visit this
    link
    for more information on how you can personalize your computer.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Johann Eva, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...

1. I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can... - Similar Threads - question majorly corrupted

2. How I can contact with customer service , have question about a payment?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How I can contact with customer service , have question about a payment?: How can contact with microsoft customer service?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-contact-with-customer-service-have/d20cb8d8-4e2c-430d-bc79-7c9cd01bb41c
  3. How I can contact with customer service , have question about a payment?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can contact with customer service , have question about a payment?: How can contact with microsoft customer service?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-contact-with-customer-service-have/d20cb8d8-4e2c-430d-bc79-7c9cd01bb41c
  4. How I can contact with customer service , have question about a payment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...: I have a question. My device is a personal desktop only I use it. I was using a user or user admin account that was created by the organization that put together this computer its a custom prebuilt gaming machine i got from best buy like 7 years ago. was the only account i...
  6. I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...: I have a question. My device is a personal desktop only I use it. I was using a user or user admin account that was created by the organization that put together this computer its a custom prebuilt gaming machine i got from best buy like 7 years ago. was the only account i...
  7. Hi I have a question about remote desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi I have a question about remote desktop.: Hi, How do i get the IP address of a remote PC while using remote desktop connection? I guess I need a public address but I don't know how to find it? Many thanks, T Vieweg....
  8. i have a question about hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a question about hibernation: in the past when i was on windows 10 build 1809 the laptop went to sleep when i closed the lid and it woke up when i opened the lid and the screen turned on. i didnt have to press the power button to wake up the laptop and opening the lid will wake up the laptop regardless of...
  9. i have a question about chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have a question about chrome: Every time my PC starts, I always get an image of Chrome, but this image is of another color, it's light blue, it's the same Chrome browser but clearer, I feel that this chrome slows down my PC, there is some way to disable it ?...
  10. I have a question about desktop heap can some one help

in Windows 10 Support
    I have a question about desktop heap can some one help: The windows key located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems, ive been researching this all over the web for different modifications for the value next to shared section. I found a tool dheap monitor but i cant figure out how to...