Windows 10: I have a question about Create Windows 10 installation media

Discus and support I have a question about Create Windows 10 installation media in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI have a Dell laptop running Windows 10, and a external hard drive E: I also have a older Dell laptop that I am trying to reinstall Windows on. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cinque88, Mar 10, 2022.

1. cinque88 Win User

I have a question about Create Windows 10 installation media

HelloI have a Dell laptop running Windows 10, and a external hard drive E: I also have a older Dell laptop that I am trying to reinstall Windows on. It has it's own product key.I went to the Microsoft.com Windows 10 download page, and clicked on the“Create Windows 10 installation media” download tool, and downloaded “Media Creation Tool21H2.exe.I then went to the download folder on my laptop and opened the file.I then clicked on “Create installation media USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file for another PC. I then selected USB flash drive. Windows highlighted drive E: for the download, and I cl

:)

cinque88, Mar 10, 2022

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 10, 2022
  3. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media for your new computer and we appreciate you for providing us the information and the screenshot. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the free space on the USB?
    • Are you trying to perform a clean installation or an upgrade on the new computer?

However, we would suggest you to refer the steps point by point as mentioned under
    “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC”,
    in this website:
    Download Windows 10
    and check if you are able to create the bootable media.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 10, 2022
  4. Gino Des Win User

windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, Mar 10, 2022
Thema:

1. I have a question about Create Windows 10 installation media - Similar Threads - question Create installation

2. I have a question about windows 10 pro installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a question about windows 10 pro installation.: I already have Windows 10 installed on the USB, but, I'm a little confused very tech savvy, but, 70 yrs old : , so, I need a little clarification/help.I have a separate hard-drive/SSD installed that is just going to be dedicated to Windows 10, separately, butI'm still also...
  3. I have a question about windows 10 pro installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question about windows 10 pro installation.: I already have Windows 10 installed on the USB, but, I'm a little confused very tech savvy, but, 70 yrs old : , so, I need a little clarification/help.I have a separate hard-drive/SSD installed that is just going to be dedicated to Windows 10, separately, butI'm still also...
  4. I have a question about windows 10 pro installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question about Windows Media Player.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows Media Player.: Hello Microsoft, for some reason, my Windows Media Player/Windows Media Player Legacy won't play movies on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-windows-media-player/8e2c21fb-f1bd-4f17-8ecf-79be6ff2ca94
  6. Question about Windows Media Player.

Question about Windows Media Player.: Hello Microsoft, for some reason, my Windows Media Player/Windows Media Player Legacy won't play movies on windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-windows-media-player/8e2c21fb-f1bd-4f17-8ecf-79be6ff2ca94
  7. I have a question about Create Windows 10 installation media

I have a question about Create Windows 10 installation media: HelloI have a Dell laptop running Windows 10, and a external hard drive E: I also have a older Dell laptop that I am trying to reinstall Windows on. It has it's own product key.I went to the Microsoft.com Windows 10 download page, and clicked on the“Create Windows 10...
  8. I have a question about Create Windows 10 installation media

I have a question about Create Windows 10 installation media: HelloI have a Dell laptop running Windows 10, and a external hard drive E: I also have a older Dell laptop that I am trying to reinstall Windows on. It has it's own product key.I went to the Microsoft.com Windows 10 download page, and clicked on the“Create Windows 10...
  9. I have some questions about Windows 10..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have some questions about Windows 10..: Right now i'm using Windows 10 for about 3 years.. Iknow how to make it Faster and reduce lagg and speed it up but i want to know if there is more to do than just Disabling/deleting the inbuilt-apps and crap but i didn't disabled The telemetry because it will mess things...
  10. I have many questions about Windows 10.

I have many questions about Windows 10.: Split from this thread. I have a Windows 10, HP Laptop. I have many questions! I'm about to install the Windows 10 operating system, from a DVD. Here goes . . . Do I have to delete everything on my computer, to then do the install? Or will be done during the install? How...