Windows 10: I have a question about desktop heap can some one help

Discus and support I have a question about desktop heap can some one help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The windows key located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems, ive been researching this all over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smirk24, Aug 22, 2016.

1. smirk24 Win User

I have a question about desktop heap can some one help

The windows key located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems, ive been researching this all over the web for different modifications for the value next to shared section. I found a tool dheap monitor but i cant figure out how to get it to work so i was wanting to know is there other tools that shows me how much heap my pc is using?

:)

smirk24, Aug 22, 2016

2. hello I have a question about a toolbar of some sort possibly a quick link on top of page on desktop how do I remove it?

Hi,

More information please.

What website or service or product or company is mentioned/advertised?

> quick link on top of page

Is this a pop-up window. Is the link/toolbar on all webpages?

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 22, 2016
  3. hello I have a question about a toolbar of some sort possibly a quick link on top of page on desktop how do I remove it?

any suggestions would be helpful thank you

LorenWestfieldjr, Aug 22, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Here's an old (2007) MSDN Developer article about the desktop heap that gives a pretty good overview: Desktop Heap Overview Ntdebugging Blog.
    As far as I can tell, it applies only to System32 stuff, and is seldom used anymore except for legacy apps. What are you trying to accomplish? You may want to drop into the SysInternals forums at Microsoft to see if you can get some (more) expert help there! Those folks are much more likely to have the kind of insight and expertise you need.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 22, 2016
  5. smirk24 Win User
    Thanks for the help but ive already read that stuff, is there any other tools? Dheap monitor tool ive tried but i cant seem to get it to work *Sad

smirk24, Aug 22, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    I repeat that the SysInternals forums are where you're most likely to find the kind of expertise you're seeking. If all else fails you can appeal to Mr. Russinovich himself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 23, 2016
  7. smirk24 Win User
    Oh okay sorry about that. Thank you for the help

smirk24, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I have a question about desktop heap can some one help - Similar Threads - question desktop heap

2. I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...: I have a question. My device is a personal desktop only I use it. I was using a user or user admin account that was created by the organization that put together this computer its a custom prebuilt gaming machine i got from best buy like 7 years ago. was the only account i...
  3. I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question about a majorly corrupted personal desktop computer and how i can...: I have a question. My device is a personal desktop only I use it. I was using a user or user admin account that was created by the organization that put together this computer its a custom prebuilt gaming machine i got from best buy like 7 years ago. was the only account i...
  4. I have a question about blue screen with code KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question about blue screen with code KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION: this is the dump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuoMUQnncU09kHGoAsPCWUiucpa5?e=MpIzP1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-question-about-blue-screen-with-code/7663a4fb-825e-4fa0-9df4-c0ab1ebbfceb
  5. I have some questions

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have some questions: Not a problem with any apps on my pc or my phone but I would like to ask you some questions, some might be off-topic but before I begin, suppose you made QnA video on Facebook or YouTube, remind me when it's time. Okay, let's begin with: 1 How are the projects going ? I...
  6. I have some questions about Windows 10..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have some questions about Windows 10..: Right now i'm using Windows 10 for about 3 years.. Iknow how to make it Faster and reduce lagg and speed it up but i want to know if there is more to do than just Disabling/deleting the inbuilt-apps and crap but i didn't disabled The telemetry because it will mess things...
  7. Hi I have a question about remote desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hi I have a question about remote desktop.: Hi, How do i get the IP address of a remote PC while using remote desktop connection? I guess I need a public address but I don't know how to find it? Many thanks, T Vieweg....
  8. Can some one help ?

Can some one help ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/epaulin59 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hq9l1w/can_some_one_help/
  9. I have some questions about replacing a hard drive

I have some questions about replacing a hard drive: (My english isnt very good so just bear with me) I have been thinking about replacing my 250 gb hard drive on my pc for a 1tb hard drive. But this is my first time replacing something on my pc so i have a few questions What do i have to do before replacing my hard drive...
  10. I have some questions about microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    I have some questions about microsoft edge: 1) Can you get the avast online security add on? 2) How do you add favorites to the favorites bar? I set a site as a favorite and it didn't get added to the favorites bar 3) Why does it freeze so often? The first time I opened edge I went to tap on a tab and nothing would...