Windows 10: i have a question about the upgrade pop up notifications

Discus and support i have a question about the upgrade pop up notifications in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; when a windows 10 build is nearing end of life you will start getting pop up notifications in the lower right telling you that you need to restart so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cns00, Aug 25, 2019.

1. cns00 Win User

i have a question about the upgrade pop up notifications

when a windows 10 build is nearing end of life you will start getting pop up notifications in the lower right telling you that you need to restart so that a new build is installed for you and if you keep on dismissing those warnings then you will get a full screen notification asking you to restart

i want to ask what are the services\applications that are responsible for those notifications?

also there are programs like stopupdates10 that disable the windows updates service and the windows updates medic service. if i disable those 2 services using that program before windows updates gets the chance to download the setup files for the build upgrade then windows can never ask me to upgrade and restart because there are no setup files for the build upgrade?

:)

cns00, Aug 25, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 25, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Disable notifications from Facebook and email

Hi Steve,

To assist you further with your concern regarding pop-ups, kindly answer the questions below:

• Do these notifications pop-up even if you are not using Internet Explorer?
    • Have you made any changes lately on your computer before this happened?

If you have already turned on the pop-up blockers in your Internet Explorer and are still getting notifications from Facebook or you email, we suggest you check on the notifications settings on your PC. Follow the steps below to turn off notifications for
    specific apps on your PC:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Click on the Gear icon to open the Settings window.
    • On the left panel, select Notifications & actions.
    • Scroll down and look for the app that keeps on notifying you that you wish to stop. Once you see Facebook or Mail on the list, toggle the switch to turn it off.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 25, 2019
  4. i have a question about the upgrade pop up notifications

Notification Screen Keeps Popping Up

Hello Gerald,

If you keep on getting a notification pop-up, you may want to turn off the notification from apps and other senders. You can follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Look for System and select Notifications & actions.
    • Then, turn on/off the Get notifications from apps and other senders option.

If that didn't make any difference, you may consider reverting to your previous version of Windows. You can follow the steps in this
    article. Just look for
    Go back to your previous version of Windows section.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

i have a question about the upgrade pop up notifications

1. i have a question about the upgrade pop up notifications - Similar Threads - question upgrade pop

2. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  3. notifications not popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notifications not popping up: My notifications and all the icons towards the right-side of the taskbar, like sound, wifi, battery are not popping up. need help, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-not-popping-up/6b9b7b64-c372-44e0-b561-24541e8520da
  4. question about upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about upgrade.: If my newly bought computer is not capable to Windows 11, can I go ahead and use the ISO or update assistant? just like in OS 10 before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-upgrade/e5d89736-7ce2-469e-8042-e1aac8ce316d
  5. question about upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about upgrade.: If my newly bought computer is not capable to Windows 11, can I go ahead and use the ISO or update assistant? just like in OS 10 before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-upgrade/e5d89736-7ce2-469e-8042-e1aac8ce316d
  6. Pop-up Notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop-up Notification: This Notification Pop-up every 30 to 40 seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notification/55475e14-0364-4dc8-a0c6-d4ce85cebb5d
  7. Notifications have recently stopped popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications have recently stopped popping up: I used to get notifications as a pop-up but since the last 2-3 weeks the pop-ups have stopped. I still see the notifications in the Action center, but don't see them as pop-ups. Attaching the screen shot below for your reference. NOTE: 1. Focus assist has been turned off...
  8. i have a question about hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    i have a question about hibernation: in the past when i was on windows 10 build 1809 the laptop went to sleep when i closed the lid and it woke up when i opened the lid and the screen turned on. i didnt have to press the power button to wake up the laptop and opening the lid will wake up the laptop regardless of...
  9. Pop up notifications

Pop up notifications: I keep getting "pop ups" from Chrome, Gmail, Facebook, etc. I can't seem to stop these. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-notifications/7ea77412-e489-4d7e-ae22-4ba660af5f22
  10. I have 2 questions about Notification area ?

I have 2 questions about Notification area ?: How to remove OneDrive in Desktop trees folder while I'm turning it on or show all folders ? Even though I have deleted several times and make don't appear it into notification area too while I'm assigning as a toolbar of desktop. And how to create a shortcut of Quick...