Windows 10: I have a question about windows 10 and One Drive accessing my data

Discus and support I have a question about windows 10 and One Drive accessing my data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday I received a notification from Windows 10 and when I clicked on it I got a message saying that Windows 10 has created some kind of album in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eaglepi, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Eaglepi Win User

I have a question about windows 10 and One Drive accessing my data

Yesterday I received a notification from Windows 10 and when I clicked on it I got a message saying that Windows 10 has created some kind of album in which it drew from some of my images on my storage hard drive. It then gave me the option to upload it to one drive. I see two problems with this.

1. Nobody accesses my data on my computer without my knowledge!
    2. If someone is doing number one then we have an issue.

I'm really not sure where the problem is, Is it Windows 10? Is it One drive? Or is it both of them in combination this just going through all my images on my hard drives and doing Things that I'm not aware of.

Is anybody else concerned about this or have experienced it and is there a fix or an adjustment or setting that I can do to make sure Windows 10 or one drive is not going through my computer and hard drives without my permission and gathering data and images to create some kind of a slideshow.

Any help or advice on this would be appreciated

:)

Eaglepi, Apr 3, 2018
  2. EAsonA Win User

I have a question about my Bluetooth and it's driving me nuts

Hi,
    Paton #
    . To download/install apps, your parent must accept the terms of use. See:
    My Family FAQ for further details. To reinstall your previously downloaded applications, check this:
    How do I reinstall paid and free applications from the Store on my Lumia phone?. With regard to the Bluetooth
    files you received, it get stored in different places. The file types that cannot be opened or viewed are stored in temporary or hidden locations. See: Where
    the Bluetooth received files are stored on my Lumia?
    for more info. You can also restore your media files as long as you have enabled it under
    Settings > backup. Check this: Backup & restore for more info about backing
    up and restoring your files.

EAsonA, Apr 3, 2018
  3. garym123 Win User
    I have a question about my Bluetooth and it's driving me nuts

Is there a reason you can't just reinstall the app from the store?

garym123, Apr 3, 2018
  4. AddRAM Win User

Simply disable One Drive.

And don`t let it run at startup.

Disable it with Task Manager using the startup Tab.

AddRAM, Apr 3, 2018
  5. Eaglepi Win User
    OK, would you mind telling me where and how I do that?

Eaglepi, Apr 3, 2018
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Do you have the One Drive icon down in the bottom right corner ?

It`s a little cloud.

AddRAM, Apr 3, 2018
  7. Eaglepi Win User
    Yes, do I just uncheck "load when windows 10 starts" in settings or is there more to it?

Eaglepi, Apr 3, 2018
  8. Eaglepi Win User

Great, thanks, I sure hope that is it !!

Eaglepi, Apr 3, 2018
  9. Eaglepi Win User
    I just found a way to disable or uninstall it, my problem is I don't know what in windows 10 created this photo album on it's own without me knowing? the notification just asked me if I wanted to upload it to OneDrive.

Eaglepi, Apr 3, 2018
  10. mrgeek Win User
    "my problem is I don't know what in windows 10 created this photo album on it's own without me knowing?"

Do you use 'Photos' ? I've seen this before. It's the 'Photos' app generating albums to show you what it's capable of. After it did the first one, I was able to dismiss and prevent from doing any more albums but it's been so long, I can't remember but I think it asked if I liked it and I just said No. Open 'Photos' and see if the same one appears there.

I have a question about windows 10 and One Drive accessing my data [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 3, 2018
  11. An easier way is to just uninstall OneDrive from Programs and Features.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. I have a question about windows 10 and One Drive accessing my data - Similar Threads - question Drive accessing

2. I have a question about resetting my Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question about resetting my Windows 10 PC.: I was in the process of resetting my pc when I saw this post.Give your PC a Fresh Start microsoft.com At the bottom of the post it says "You may also lose your digital licenses and digital content associated with apps, which may impact your ability to use these apps or...
  3. I have a question about resetting my Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a question about resetting my Windows 10 PC.: I was in the process of resetting my pc when I saw this post.Give your PC a Fresh Start microsoft.com At the bottom of the post it says "You may also lose your digital licenses and digital content associated with apps, which may impact your ability to use these apps or...
  4. I have a question about resetting my Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I have a question about my keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a question about my keyboard: I'm using an old Microsoft Windows XP keyboard and it has a few buttons at the top and I want to know if there's anyway I can use them. There's a favorites bar at the top right that had the numbers 1-5 and a bit to the left there are three buttons that are "documents"...
  6. I have some questions about Windows 10..

I have some questions about Windows 10..: Right now i'm using Windows 10 for about 3 years.. Iknow how to make it Faster and reduce lagg and speed it up but i want to know if there is more to do than just Disabling/deleting the inbuilt-apps and crap but i didn't disabled The telemetry because it will mess things...
  7. Question about accessing my router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about accessing my router: I have Windows 10 2004 update. No more updates available at this time. For a while now, I have not been able to access my router using the standard 192.168.X.X. It shows up as cannot connect to the webpage, as if I don't have my wifi on. However, I AM able to connect using my...
  8. I have some questions about replacing a hard drive

I have some questions about replacing a hard drive: (My english isnt very good so just bear with me) I have been thinking about replacing my 250 gb hard drive on my pc for a 1tb hard drive. But this is my first time replacing something on my pc so i have a few questions What do i have to do before replacing my hard drive...
  9. Question about One Drive access from two computers

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about One Drive access from two computers: I looked through the Tutorials and could not find this question/setup.... I moved a bunch of files/folders to One Drive from my computer "A". They show up in the windows File Explorer and are easy to access. I want to be able to access these same files/folders from Computer...
  10. I have many questions about Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have many questions about Windows 10.: Split from this thread. I have a Windows 10, HP Laptop. I have many questions! I'm about to install the Windows 10 operating system, from a DVD. Here goes . . . Do I have to delete everything on my computer, to then do the install? Or will be done during the install? How...