Windows 10: I have a question Regarding Cortana

Discus and support I have a question Regarding Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I have been a Microsoft Fan to 2016 to present, and i have windows in many laptops that my dad gave me(one was windows 7 and the other was windows 10... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Mahamedehab, Aug 29, 2019.

1. I have a question Regarding Cortana

I have been a Microsoft Fan to 2016 to present, and i have windows in many laptops that my dad gave me(one was windows 7 and the other was windows 10 and they were **** ), but what i love about windows is cortana, without it windows 10 is like windows 7 ,and I never had problems until my new laptop that my dad gave it to me for good grades ( i am 13 years old ), In my New laptop I encountered errors with cortana that are unexplainable

Here the video which show the errors in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3IElctFSkI I am kinda disappointed in Microsoft even they did a good job with cortana, I setted up a mic, Ran sfc /scannow ( it says *Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.) I Check The CBS Log and it appears to be related to the latest definition updates for Windows Defender, which were released this morning and are version 1.297.823.0. , And I Ran The DISM tool in command prompt and yep it fixed nothing So i am begging for a solution right now i hope This glitch goes away And thanks for reading

:)

Mahamedehab, Aug 29, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 29, 2019
  3. John Fue Win User
    [Video] Cortana immediantly gives an error, but answers my second question with the first question's answer.

Hi Devui,

We would like to suggest the following steps to address your concern:

• Turn Cortana off
    • Hold Ctrl+Shift and press Esc to open up
      Task Manager.
    • Right-click Cortana in the list of background processes and click
      End Task.
    • Go do the Cortana setup bits, putting in your name, activating required system things (indexing/location/etc), do the "Hey Cortana" bit so she recognizes how you say it. Then Restart before asking anything.

Best regards.

John Fue, Aug 29, 2019
  4. I have a question Regarding Cortana

regarding cortana

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern regarding Cortana, we need the following information:

• Provide us a screenshot of your Cortana?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

I have a question Regarding Cortana

1. I have a question Regarding Cortana - Similar Threads - question Regarding Cortana

2. I have a question regarding a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question regarding a new laptop: Hi.... I have a new proline laptop.... I am stuck trying to login after setting it up.... Im stuck on the pin setting.... It just keep loading non stop..... I don't know what to do...
  3. I have a question regarding a new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question regarding a new laptop: Hi.... I have a new proline laptop.... I am stuck trying to login after setting it up.... Im stuck on the pin setting.... It just keep loading non stop..... I don't know what to do...
  4. I have a question regarding refunds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question regarding refunds: I have a question because my younger cousin was playing on my account and bought a texture pack for like 850 tokens and im wondering if i could get a refund because of that?...
  5. I have a question regarding refunds

I have a question regarding refunds: I have a question because my younger cousin was playing on my account and bought a texture pack for like 850 tokens and im wondering if i could get a refund because of that?...
  6. I have a question regarding the device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question regarding the device manager: In the device manager the common named "display adapters" is called "display adaptors" while the "network adapters" is called "network adapters"? Why is display adapters with an "o" instead of "e"....
  7. I have a question regarding the device manager

I have a question regarding the device manager: In the device manager the common named "display adapters" is called "display adaptors" while the "network adapters" is called "network adapters"? Why is display adapters with an "o" instead of "e"....
  8. I have a question regarding the device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. regarding cortana

in Cortana
    regarding cortana: Hello, I was wondering if I can switch the audio output Sound Playback Device using Cortana. Like switching from my wireless headset to my wired speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-cortana/30501ac9-aeef-4efa-825e-a1f64f60c966
  10. I have questions regarding version updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have questions regarding version updates: I have two computers and they are both still running version 1803. Why have I never received the 1809 update and should I download and install it manually before the new version is rolled out? What's this I hear about this new version having a glitch that could really mess...