Windows 10: I have a question with ssd

Discus and support I have a question with ssd in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am getting a new pc, Acer nitro 5 with new specs, upgrading from nitro 5 with old specs. If the pc i have comes with windows 11, and my old pc has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rarther, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Rarther Win User

I have a question with ssd

I am getting a new pc, Acer nitro 5 with new specs, upgrading from nitro 5 with old specs. If the pc i have comes with windows 11, and my old pc has windows 10 on it’s ssd, will i be able to pick up one of those usb ssd readers from amazon, plug it in my new pc, and switch old files onto the new computer? I want to transfer the information manually because the old ssd is buggy.

:)

Rarther, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile I have a question with ssd :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 2, 2021
  3. EarthDog Win User
    ssd question

+1 for dig's suggestions...

and please do not do #1 of what Arel said... you do NOT defragment SSD's!!!!!!!!!!

EarthDog, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

wed can reformatting ssd

Hello Allen,

It seems that you're SSD is in a read-only state. Read-only is the same as write-protected.

As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest that you follow the steps provided by Angela Pun which helped a lot of community members in this
    thread.
    Make sure to select the SSD drive.

If the issue still persists, please follow these steps on how to format a write-protected SSD using Command Prompt.

1. Press the Windows key + R. A run dialog box will open.
    2. Type CMD then press Enter.
    3. Type diskpart
    4. Type list volume
    5. Type select volume # ( # is the number of USB HDD you've plugged in)
    6. Type attributes disk clear
      read-only
    7. Type clean

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

1. I have a question with ssd - Similar Threads - question ssd

2. I have a question with ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question with ssd: I am getting a new pc, Acer nitro 5 with new specs, upgrading from nitro 5 with old specs. If the pc i have comes with windows 11, and my old pc has windows 10 on it’s ssd, will i be able to pick up one of those usb ssd readers from amazon, plug it in my new pc, and switch...
  3. I have a question with ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question with ssd: I am getting a new pc, Acer nitro 5 with new specs, upgrading from nitro 5 with old specs. If the pc i have comes with windows 11, and my old pc has windows 10 on it’s ssd, will i be able to pick up one of those usb ssd readers from amazon, plug it in my new pc, and switch...
  4. Question solved Storage space issue with the windows store and my SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question solved Storage space issue with the windows store and my SSD: The problem I am having is that my SSD is full yet it won't display the files that are apparently taking up all the space. I would be extremely grateful if someone could show me how to get rid of the files and free up the space. I became aware of this problem the other day...
  5. New SSD User Trim question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New SSD User Trim question: Hi, So finally I made an upgrade to an SSD for use in my boot drive. a 240GB one specifically. I made a fresh install of Windows 10 last week ago in this SSD, went to confirm if TRIM is enabled then confirmed it is on. Now, I went to disk defrag and saw this: Do I click...
  6. Questions pertaining to SSD install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions pertaining to SSD install: My 10 year old HP desktop is running extremely slow. Perhaps due to the progression of upgrades from Win 7 to Win 8 and now Win 10. Takes almost five minutes to boot up and is slow opening programs. I have been told resetting Windows and installing a SSD is the best way to...
  7. questions related ssd for laptop hp 15 da series

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    questions related ssd for laptop hp 15 da series: laptop hp 15 da seriesis sata 3 interface necessary for my laptopi have purchase the wd ssd 240 gb today but its not sata 3 interface should i purchase the hp ssd...
  8. Fitted SSD, a couple of questions.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fitted SSD, a couple of questions.: I've fitted an SSD to a PC, cloned Windows over to it, but it won't boot. The old HHD is still in the PC, working fine with Windows 10. The PC is made by Asus. I can't be exactly sure what was supplied with the PC but I do have a piece of paper which came with is that is...
  9. clone SSD to usb question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    clone SSD to usb question: if i clone my ssd to usb what can be done with the cloned info ? 1 - lets say my ssd dies can i buy a new one and install windows then plug in the usb and clone from it ? 2 - lets say my laptop dies and i buy a DIFFERENT model can the usb cloned info go onto it or wont...
  10. SSD Upgrade Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD Upgrade Questions: Current Storage: I currently have a Dell Inspiron 27 7775 all-in-one computer with 1TB of HDD as the C: and a 256GB SSD A: drive. I want to: 1. Upgrade the SSD in my system to a Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD 2. Install Windows 10 to the new SSD from a USB drive...