Windows 10: I have a question with ssd

Discus and support I have a question with ssd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am getting a new pc, Acer nitro 5 with new specs, upgrading from nitro 5 with old specs. If the pc i have comes with windows 11, and my old pc has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rarther, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Rarther Win User

I have a question with ssd

I am getting a new pc, Acer nitro 5 with new specs, upgrading from nitro 5 with old specs. If the pc i have comes with windows 11, and my old pc has windows 10 on it’s ssd, will i be able to pick up one of those usb ssd readers from amazon, plug it in my new pc, and switch old files onto the new computer? I want to transfer the information manually because the old ssd is buggy.

:)

Rarther, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile I have a question with ssd :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 2, 2021
  3. EarthDog Win User
    ssd question

+1 for dig's suggestions...

and please do not do #1 of what Arel said... you do NOT defragment SSD's!!!!!!!!!!

EarthDog, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

wed can reformatting ssd

Hello Allen,

It seems that you're SSD is in a read-only state. Read-only is the same as write-protected.

As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest that you follow the steps provided by Angela Pun which helped a lot of community members in this
    thread.
    Make sure to select the SSD drive.

If the issue still persists, please follow these steps on how to format a write-protected SSD using Command Prompt.

1. Press the Windows key + R. A run dialog box will open.
    2. Type CMD then press Enter.
    3. Type diskpart
    4. Type list volume
    5. Type select volume # ( # is the number of USB HDD you've plugged in)
    6. Type attributes disk clear
      read-only
    7. Type clean

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

1. I have a question with ssd - Similar Threads - question ssd

2. my SSD has a blue question mark on it why and how can i get rid of it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my SSD has a blue question mark on it why and how can i get rid of it: i lost my data SSD so i went in the bios and saw it wasn't there i tapped on the back of my notebook and rebooted it and it showed up so obviously a failure or connection. so when i went to windows 11 pro i found it no problem but a blue question mark was on it. so i l shut...
  3. my SSD has a blue question mark on it why and how can i get rid of it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my SSD has a blue question mark on it why and how can i get rid of it: i lost my data SSD so i went in the bios and saw it wasn't there i tapped on the back of my notebook and rebooted it and it showed up so obviously a failure or connection. so when i went to windows 11 pro i found it no problem but a blue question mark was on it. so i l shut...
  4. Blue question mark on new SSD drive and can not find "Assign Drive Letter" option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue question mark on new SSD drive and can not find "Assign Drive Letter" option: This nooby decided to swap one secondary SSD drive with a new one in my laptop. But i got a blue questionmark. I started doing some Googling and released it was something to do with windows not able to to assgin a drive letter to the drive.I have check the connection which...
  5. Blue question mark on new SSD drive and can not find "Assign Drive Letter" option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue question mark on new SSD drive and can not find "Assign Drive Letter" option: This nooby decided to swap one secondary SSD drive with a new one in my laptop. But i got a blue questionmark. I started doing some Googling and released it was something to do with windows not able to to assgin a drive letter to the drive.I have check the connection which...
  6. Blue question mark on new SSD drive and can not find "Assign Drive Letter" option

7. Blue question mark on new SSD deive can not find" Assign Drive Letter" option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue question mark on new SSD deive can not find" Assign Drive Letter" option: This nooby decided to swap one secondary SSD drive with a new one in my laptop. But i got a blue questionmark. I started doing some Googling and released it was something to do with windows not able to to assgin a drive letter to the drive.I have check the connection which...
  8. Blue question mark on new SSD deive can not find" Assign Drive Letter" option

Blue question mark on new SSD deive can not find" Assign Drive Letter" option: This nooby decided to swap one secondary SSD drive with a new one in my laptop. But i got a blue questionmark. I started doing some Googling and released it was something to do with windows not able to to assgin a drive letter to the drive.I have check the connection which...
  9. Blue question mark on new SSD deive can not find" Assign Drive Letter" option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. 2 windows OS for 1 data SSD, question about file right/owning.

2 windows OS for 1 data SSD, question about file right/owning.: Hello MS community. I came here because I'm stuck after one of my neighbor asked me a question for a case I never been in. He actually own a nearly 10yo old PC, still under W7 for some specific software he's using, as well as for retro gaming. Steam forcing W10 utilization on...