Windows 10: I have a really specific issue surrounding color during video playback that I can't quite solve

Discus and support I have a really specific issue surrounding color during video playback that I can't quite solve in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so this might be a bit of a rant but I'm really hoping someone can help me out here. The issue is, whenever I watch a video on youtube, or on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Personzoo, Aug 2, 2020.

1. I have a really specific issue surrounding color during video playback that I can't quite solve

Ok so this might be a bit of a rant but I'm really hoping someone can help me out here.

The issue is, whenever I watch a video on youtube, or on netflix, or anywhere really, it plays for about 2 seconds with normal colors then becomes desaturated. I have tried just about everything I can think of to fix it with middling results.

• I've reinstalled my video drivers a few times now

• I've reinstalled windows entirely

• I've messed with just about every combination of color profiles or settings available in windows (HDR on/off, any color profile I can find in that menu, messing with color settings in the AMD overlay, etc)

I've been messing with this for hours now because it's really bothering me. I have found some things that do work though.

• In chromium edge I can disable hardware acceleration, or force the scrgb color profile in edge://flags and that fixes it for anything in a browser, but not for anything outside like the netflix app

• If I unplug my secondary monitor it fixes the issue entirely. My main panel is a 144hz 1440p 10bit panel, secondary was a 1080p 60hz 8bit panel. I tried different cables, and even tried a 4k60hz 10bit panel but I get the same result. Just having one monitor is the only thing that fixes the problem universally.

So I'm really at a loss here. I feel like I'm close to getting a solution but I can't think of anything else to try. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Personzoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Personzoo, Aug 2, 2020

2. color fails on video playback

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please help me answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Are you accessing Facebook on a browser or using an app?
    3. Is the color fade issue specific to playing video on Facebook?

This issue can occur if some of the system files and drivers are not working as expected.

A: Suggest you to
    update the display driver
    from Device Manager and restart the computer to check if that helps.

B: If you accessing Facebook using a browser, then suggest you to use a different browser to check if that makes any difference.

You may also want to make changes to the ‘Advanced power settings’ under Control Panel – Power Options-‘Multimedia Settings’.

• Expand Multimedia Settings’.
    • Expand ‘When playing video’.
    • Click on ‘Optimize power savings’ for both ‘On Battery and ‘Plugged in’ drop down.
    • Click ‘Apply’ and ‘Ok’. If need be then restart the computer to check if that helps with the video quality.

C: Further, you may also want to refer to the
    video playback settings in Windows 10
    and check if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 2, 2020
  3. I can't hear the sound when I play a video even if I have the volume all the way up

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with sound in windows 10. I will certainly help you.

• Is the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

• Which program do you use to play videos?

• Is this issue confined to any specific video or with all the videos?
    I suggest you to check if the same happens with all videos and video players.

Let’s try to follow the method below which can help us resolving this issue.

Run audio troubleshooter:

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard

• Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting..

• Click on view all (on the left)

• Select Playing Audio troubleshooter

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 2, 2020
  4. I have a really specific issue surrounding color during video playback that I can't quite solve

Video Playback issues

Hi Cami,

An outdated browsers or display driver is on of the possible causes of playback issues. To isolate your concern, kindly answer the following:

• What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Does the issue happen on web browsers only? Can you try to play a video file from your local storage to see if the same issue persists?
    • Did you try to clear the browsing history and resetting your web browsers?
    • Did you get a specific error message?
    • Do you have a Flash Player installed in your web browsers?

Meanwhile, kindly run the Video Playback troubleshooter. Go to Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Video Playback> Run the troubleshooter> Restart your computer.

Note: The automated troubleshooter will try to identify and then resolve the issues that it finds.

Raymond Ave, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

I have a really specific issue surrounding color during video playback that I can't quite solve

1. I have a really specific issue surrounding color during video playback that I can't quite solve - Similar Threads - really specific issue

2. I have a specific issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a specific issue: This is long but I think the details matter. I haven't had issues with one drive ever before until mow and I am unsure If i am missing anything from my computer or if it is just unlucky.It starts with me downloading a application needed for school and this is where the issues...
  3. I have a specific issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a specific issue: This is long but I think the details matter. I haven't had issues with one drive ever before until mow and I am unsure If i am missing anything from my computer or if it is just unlucky.It starts with me downloading a application needed for school and this is where the issues...
  4. video playback is having issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video playback is having issues: I'm have trouble viewing videos the videos appear with left half of the screen ok but the right half is blurred.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback-is-having-issues/86efc3fc-66c3-4b20-b54d-f7197fb67533
  5. video playback is having issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video playback is having issues: I'm have trouble viewing videos the videos appear with left half of the screen ok but the right half is blurred.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback-is-having-issues/86efc3fc-66c3-4b20-b54d-f7197fb67533
  6. video playback is having issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. color fails on video playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    color fails on video playback: When I try to play videos, like on Facebook, the color fades and it is almost like it is in black and white. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-fails-on-video-playback/58aa7608-3939-4932-aa7d-a122605494d3
  8. Video Playback issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Playback issues: I have Windows 10 and this issue happens on the Edge browser and my other browser Google Chrome. You tube videos, the video ads that play on Microsoft games, and videos on windows opened within websites are zoomed in so close that you can't make out what is playing. This...
  9. Video playback issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video playback issues: I recently built a brand new computer and am having issues with local video playback. YouTube video playback works perfectly fine but any local players like the Films & TV app, Windows Media Player and even VLC stutter and lag maybe every 10 seconds inconsistently. All...
  10. Video Playback Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback Issues: I am running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I have an Intel HD Graphics card and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M. I have had an issue for a couple of months when viewing videos or footage from my built-in camera. Half of the screen appears fine, but the other half is filled with horizontal...