Windows 10: i have a recent win 10 update pending again after i had to system restore the 1st install...

Discus and support i have a recent win 10 update pending again after i had to system restore the 1st install... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i dont want to reboot again and end up in the same infinite repair cycle caused by this update set. is there a way to skip this update, since it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pie_man_999, Nov 3, 2020.

1. i have a recent win 10 update pending again after i had to system restore the 1st install...

i dont want to reboot again and end up in the same infinite repair cycle caused by this update set.

is there a way to skip this update, since it causes problems on my system?

:)

pie_man_999, Nov 3, 2020
  2. AlanHo Win User

Acer S5-371 Super Thin Laptop Will Not Install Recent Win 10 Updates.

My Acer S5-371 Super Thin laptop has not been able to install Win 10 updates since 21/05/2018. The last one being Version 1709 KB413466.

The 240 GB SSD is divided into two partitions
    C: 100 GB For the OS and software (with 20 GB unused space)
    D: 19 GB For all data (with 199 GB unused space)

i have a recent win 10 update pending again after i had to system restore the 1st install... [​IMG]

You can see that it downloads the updates OK but the install fails, and upon the next laptop boot-up in shows a message that the laptop is waiting for a restart to install updates. If I do this, the cycle repeats. If I ignore it, I can use the computer normally but there is a regular notification appearing above the system tray that there are updates awaiting installation.

I thought that the last update to be installed may be the culprit so I restored my C: Drive from an Acronis Back-up made on May 1st which is before this update. Win 10 downloaded them all again and only installed the one dated 21/05/2018. Hence this plan didn't work.

I then found via Google that some SSD's in thin laptops are a problem - so contacted Acer UK Support who confirmed that my laptop model had been tested and will install all the latest updates including Version 1803. They suggested I make more space on the C drive or plug a USB hard drive into the laptop to give Updates more space for temporary files. This didn't help.

The laptop warranty expired 4 months ago and Acer are now suggesting I should send it to them for repair at my cost. I cannot conceive that it is a hardware problem and am loath to do this without further advice.

I am now considering restoring the laptop to factory settings and trying to update Win 10 again. This means I will need to reinstall all my software and data. Before I take this step I would welcome other ideas.

AlanHo, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Recent Files fails to show win 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response.

To assist you better, I would like to know the build and the version installed on the computer.

I would like to inform you that the files that you had opened should reflect under the recent file history.

I suggest you to restore to the defaults for the folder options and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on Options from the Ribbon.

• Click on Change Folder and search options.

• Access the General Tab.

• Click on Restore defaults.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 3, 2020
  4. i have a recent win 10 update pending again after i had to system restore the 1st install...

Windows 10 doesn't seem to give an option to do a system restore

Hi Stephen,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Why exactly are you trying to do a system restore?
    • Are you facing any issues with Windows 10?
    If you have enabled/created a restore point of the system, I suggest you to perform
    System restore by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: If you think an app, update, software or a driver that you recently installed or uninstalled caused problems with your PC, you can restore Windows back to an earlier
    point in time, called a restore point. System Restore doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove recently installed apps and drivers.

Refer to Restore from a system restore point
    from the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: Though it is said that
    System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly possible that some of your personal files are deleted while system restoring.

During System Restore, there may be errors and such errors may cause damage to the files that are present in the system. And, computer shutdown during restoring process may also lead to file loss. Sometimes when
    System Restore is failed, it may lead to loss of important files as well.

Step 2: After performing system restore, install all the pending updates on your PC by following the steps below:

1. Press
    Windows
    logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.

2. Select
    Update & Security
    and select Windows Update from the left side panel of the screen.

3. Click on
    Check for Updates
    and wait for the update to download.

4. Close the window after the updates are installed and check if the changes are effective.

Keep us posted on windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

i have a recent win 10 update pending again after i had to system restore the 1st install...

1. i have a recent win 10 update pending again after i had to system restore the 1st install... - Similar Threads - recent update pending

2. I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error...: I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error comes unmountable boot how can i solve it .I already logged in my recent state of my pc now tell.me what should i have to next...
  3. I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error...: I restore my pc on recent State but then i off the system and restart again stop code error comes unmountable boot how can i solve it .I already logged in my recent state of my pc now tell.me what should i have to next...
  4. I recently bought a laptop and it had pre-installed windows 10, but after a day i got...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently bought a laptop and it had pre-installed windows 10, but after a day i got...: I recently bought a laptop and it had pre-installed windows 10, but after a day i got windows 11 update for free, i updated my windows but my windows 11 isn't activated, any help would be appreciated...
  5. I recently bought a laptop and it had pre-installed windows 10, but after a day i got...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently bought a laptop and it had pre-installed windows 10, but after a day i got...: I recently bought a laptop and it had pre-installed windows 10, but after a day i got windows 11 update for free, i updated my windows but my windows 11 isn't activated, any help would be appreciated...
  6. Updates are still pending after install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are still pending after install: I run the Windows update for hour and a half then it restarted for a short period of time. I thought everything went well since it runs usual however as I check the version and build that I have it is the same and on the update history nothing is installed. I run the update...
  7. Installed update lost after system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed update lost after system restore: I installed a cumulative windows 10 update KB5001391 and after 2 days i restored my system to a previous restore point and now the installed update is gone. However the same update is available for downloading in windows update tab in settings but when i try to install the...
  8. I DOWNLOADED ONE DRIVE AFTER A RECENT UPDATE. HOW I WISH I HAD NOT!! I

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I DOWNLOADED ONE DRIVE AFTER A RECENT UPDATE. HOW I WISH I HAD NOT!! I: Hi, As mentioned I unfortunately download One Drive after a recent update. It seemed to take ages in downloading my Picture Files so I stopped it, and turned it off, as I was closing down for the night. Next thing I realized all my pictures had been removed from my Albums. I...
  9. System Restore [Win 10]

System Restore [Win 10]: So every couple of days my computer decides to freeze on startup. I'm then forced to restore windows to a previous point. I run chkdsk and sfc /scannow, and they never turn up anything wrong. Is there anything else I can run to check for what is wrong...
  10. I did a system restore but after reboot broken again

I did a system restore but after reboot broken again: As the title says, my PC "broke" so i did a system restore and it worked again. When i rebooted, my PC is broken again. And have to do a system restore... again. I only have 2 restore points, one which when finished starts installation of Visual Studio, the other does the...