Windows 10: I have a red X beside administrator in windows 10 after I “turn off the option for...

Discus and support I have a red X beside administrator in windows 10 after I “turn off the option for... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After seeing the red x beside administrator after a few min I don't even see administrator at all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesCollum, Feb 2, 2019.

1. I have a red X beside administrator in windows 10 after I “turn off the option for...

After seeing the red x beside administrator after a few min I don't even see administrator at all

:)

JamesCollum, Feb 2, 2019

2. Administrator has red circle with white X in permissions folder

Under security in several folders, I have added Administrator as a user and given full control. There is a red circle with a white x in it over the avatar to the left of the word administrator. Myself and Everyone are also listed as users and have full
    control. There are no red circles with white xs over these avatars. Any idea why the circle and x are there over administrator and how to fix it?

jawjahpeach, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Red X on the Network icon

There is a red x on the Network icon. My internet is connected but the red x is always there and annoying.

I was able to resolve this by following the steps below

Suggestions:

Method 1:

Right Click on Computer -> Manage

Under the System Tools section, double click on Local Users and Groups

Click Groups -> Right Click on Administrators -> Add to group -> Add -> Advanced -> Find now -> Double Click on Local Service -> Click Ok

Close all the windows, reboot the computer and check the status

Method 2:

Click Start -> Type CMD -> Right click on CMD -> Run as administrator
    Type net localgroup Administrators /add Local Service and press Enter
    Click OK when it says The Command Completed Successfully
    Reboot the computer and check the status

JosephSDavid, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I have a red X beside administrator in windows 10 after I “turn off the option for...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

I have a red X beside administrator in windows 10 after I “turn off the option for...

1. I have a red X beside administrator in windows 10 after I “turn off the option for... - Similar Threads - red beside administrator

2. after updating i get red x saying storage full. how do i remove this red x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after updating i get red x saying storage full. how do i remove this red x: after updating i get red x saying storage full. how do i remove this red x. I dont have onedrive installed on my pc as i dont want it or any cloud storage. but i get this red x everytime i enstall the latest mircosoft updates....
  3. after updating i get red x saying storage full. how do i remove this red x

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after updating i get red x saying storage full. how do i remove this red x: after updating i get red x saying storage full. how do i remove this red x. I dont have onedrive installed on my pc as i dont want it or any cloud storage. but i get this red x everytime i enstall the latest mircosoft updates....
  4. I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.: I went on settings>display>graphics>change default graphics setting. After all of this all I had was optimization for windows game option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-the-option-to-turn-on-or-off-hardware/534e3c89-a9cf-4089-80fd-c8c4d7a07e69
  5. I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont have the option to turn on or off hardware acceleration.: I went on settings>display>graphics>change default graphics setting. After all of this all I had was optimization for windows game option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-the-option-to-turn-on-or-off-hardware/534e3c89-a9cf-4089-80fd-c8c4d7a07e69
  6. Bluetooth says that it’s turned off and I have no option to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth says that it’s turned off and I have no option to turn it back on.: I’ve tried everything like resetting, shutting down, updating and reinstalling drivers. Nothing works. Is there anything else I can do? submitted by /u/SirSquid008 [link] [comments]...
  7. Why do I have a red X after some of my files in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have a red X after some of my files in Windows 10?: Recently when I add a file to my computer, it has a red X after it in the status column. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-a-red-x-after-some-of-my-files-in/a735a3e8-92fe-445a-af20-eb811dc84554"
  8. Folders Available But Red X Beside Them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders Available But Red X Beside Them: This isn't new to Windows 10, but I'll bet someone will have a good solution for me. Sometimes network folders will go offline at some point, causing the user's Windows Explorer to mark the mapped folder as offline with a red X beside it. Then it'll come back but nothing...
  9. Folders Available But Red X Beside Them

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Available But Red X Beside Them: This isn't new to Windows 10, but I'll bet someone will have a good solution for me. Sometimes network folders will go offline at some point, causing the user's Windows Explorer to mark the mapped folder as offline with a red X beside it. Then it'll come back but nothing...
  10. RED X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RED X: Just got a new computer and there is a red x next to desktop, pictures ...how do I get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/76bfe88e-f667-4d00-b796-7fa0fb112fdd