Windows 10: I have a report that says my boot partition is on the mechanical or hybrid drive

Discus and support I have a report that says my boot partition is on the mechanical or hybrid drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had User Benchmark analyze my XPS 8930 Their report stated "the boot partition is located on the mechanical or hybrid drive.moving the system to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ptlam, Mar 31, 2021.

1. ptlam Win User

I have a report that says my boot partition is on the mechanical or hybrid drive

I had User Benchmark analyze my XPS 8930 Their report stated "the boot partition is located on the mechanical or hybrid drive.moving the system to an SSD will yeild far faster boot times better system responsiveness and faster application load times.When I bought this tower I had to send it back-I would have thought Dell would install OS it on the proper disk.I am a newbie to this but something doesn't look right in the disk management window.Any suggestions? I have a report that says my boot partition is on the mechanical or hybrid drive 936ba5fc-555b-498b-92c9-b9b8062d6a75?upload=true.jpg

:)

ptlam, Mar 31, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Mar 31, 2021
  4. FX-GMC Win User

I have a report that says my boot partition is on the mechanical or hybrid drive

Move Win7 64 image from a partition NTFS to a new drive

EDIT: After reading your first post again, is there any reason that you would now need GPT? Are you just trying to move the windows install to a new disk or is there a new motherboard involved?

If you are already booting to an NTFS partition, then it makes me wonder if after copying to the new drive, the partition isn't getting marked as Active.

Following the same steps I posted above for startup repair, you can get to a command prompt and use diskpart to see if this is the case.

Code: In the command prompt: diskpart list disk select disk 0 (disk number may be different if you have other disks connected.) list partition select partition 0 (partition number number may vary, but you want to see the boot partition which is the same as your windows partition according to the screenshot on the OP) detail partition (This should have Active: Yes or No. If it says no, since we have the partition selected, you can just use the following command in diskpart) active[/quote]

FX-GMC, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. I have a report that says my boot partition is on the mechanical or hybrid drive - Similar Threads - report says boot

2. Windows saying both my drives are boot drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows saying both my drives are boot drives: I want to put a fresh install of windows onto my Zephyrus G15 laptop, and I'd like to store a system image of my boot drive onto my secondary ssd. However, whenever I try, Windows believes that both my drives are boot drives/ have windows on them. I don't have any external...
  3. Windows saying both my drives are boot drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows saying both my drives are boot drives: I want to put a fresh install of windows onto my Zephyrus G15 laptop, and I'd like to store a system image of my boot drive onto my secondary ssd. However, whenever I try, Windows believes that both my drives are boot drives/ have windows on them. I don't have any external...
  4. The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...: How does one actually do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-boot-partition-is-located-on-a-mechanical-or/7bbedd7e-afef-4e08-9282-0bb3edb00687
  5. The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...: How does one actually do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-boot-partition-is-located-on-a-mechanical-or/7bbedd7e-afef-4e08-9282-0bb3edb00687
  6. The boot partition is located on a mechanical or hybrid drive. Moving the system to an SSD...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. recovery boot partition in not on my C drive

recovery boot partition in not on my C drive: recovery boot partition in not on my C drive, and I have two of them the newer one is larger, and I can't seem to delete either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-boot-partition-in-not-on-my-c-drive/9024d0dc-ef26-44f3-861c-5e73c4987839
  8. Hybrid drive

Hybrid drive: I ''had' a 4tb game drive before the big windows 10 update last week. New Windows 10 says it is 'unknown' 'not initialized' in disk manager. I tried to initialize the disk, it failed. I tried rebuilding the partition using a 3rrd party software called AOMEI Partition...
  9. I Have a new Boot partition on my c drive after clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    I Have a new Boot partition on my c drive after clean install: After a complete re-install of win 10 I noticed I had this new boot partition. this is on a MBR drive BTW In my BIOS I can choose to boot to either the drive or the boot Manager. Both work ! So what is the reason for the boot manager ? thanks 31215
  10. Problems with Hybrid boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Hybrid boot: Hello, I have 2 PCs, both running win 10 updated from 8.1. The desktop has an AMD processor and graphics card, the laptop has an intel i5 and nvidia card. Both have 8 gb ram. Since an update around 2 weeks ago both have a strange problem: fast booting does not work anymore....