Windows 10: I have a second screen set up through a Dell Docking station. But am having trouble...

Discus and support I have a second screen set up through a Dell Docking station. But am having trouble... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell Inspirion 500 Windows 10 Was having trouble with Sound this AM and found it was a problem wieh lap top connected to docking station tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnGies2138, Dec 2, 2018.

1. I have a second screen set up through a Dell Docking station. But am having trouble...

Dell Inspirion 500

Windows 10

Was having trouble with Sound this AM and found it was a problem wieh lap top connected to docking station tried unconnecting and reconnecting docking station (HDMI connection) and now I am just duplicating screen versus extending. In fact the system does not detect the second screen

Help?

THanks

:)

JohnGies2138, Dec 2, 2018
  2. svengreb Win User

No video from Dell Docking Station

I have a dell xps (windows10) and docking station USB3.0(D3100). I downloaded the docking station driver. When I turn it on, the mouse and keyboard work fine but no screen signal. I have a HP S2031monitor screen . I'm using a DVI cable.

Any ideas?

svengreb, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Dell laptop cannot be used with two docking stations

I have a Dell laptop with two docking stations, one at home and one at work. Often when I go from home to work, I just close my laptop (which puts it to sleep) and when I plug it into my work docking station, only the laptop screen comes on and the devices plugged into the docking station don't work. The only way to fix it is to do a complete shut down and reboot. It's like the computer wakes up and doesn't recognize the docking station it's on. I'm pretty sure they're the exact same docking station both at home and work. Any ideas on how to fix this?

• Laptop: Latitude E5470
    • Docking Station: Dell E-Port Plus

Mike Christensen, Dec 2, 2018
  4. jackin Win User

I have a second screen set up through a Dell Docking station. But am having trouble...

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

I have a second screen set up through a Dell Docking station. But am having trouble...

1. I have a second screen set up through a Dell Docking station. But am having trouble... - Similar Threads - second screen set

2. HP laptop - Windows 11 - not picking up screens through docking station.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop - Windows 11 - not picking up screens through docking station.: Hi,My HP laptop HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk2001nia 436A0EA runs Windows 11.It's connected to an alogic dock. Up until about three weeks ago, it all worked fine. Everything connected to the dock was picked up by the laptop.Now, the laptop picks up everything, but the two...
  3. HP laptop - Windows 11 - not picking up screens through docking station.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop - Windows 11 - not picking up screens through docking station.: Hi,My HP laptop HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk2001nia 436A0EA runs Windows 11.It's connected to an alogic dock. Up until about three weeks ago, it all worked fine. Everything connected to the dock was picked up by the laptop.Now, the laptop picks up everything, but the two...
  4. i have docking station where do i put wire for second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have docking station where do i put wire for second monitor: where do i put wire for second monitor i have wire connected to docking station and wire connected to second monitor and its not recognized do i hve it placed inwrong outlet...
  5. i have docking station where do i put wire for second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have docking station where do i put wire for second monitor: where do i put wire for second monitor i have wire connected to docking station and wire connected to second monitor and its not recognized do i hve it placed inwrong outlet...
  6. Audio dropouts up through Dell D6000 Docking Station, XPS 13 9300 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio dropouts up through Dell D6000 Docking Station, XPS 13 9300 Laptop: I have a XPS 13 9300 Laptop Dell Universal Dock D6000 Dell U3415W I am having the SAME issues as this fella, but no answers over there,...
  7. Audio dropouts up through Dell D6000 Docking Station

Audio dropouts up through Dell D6000 Docking Station: Running Win10, Dell laptop Latitude E6430. i& Connected to Dell D6000 docking station with external speakers plugged into the headphone jack on the docking station. When playing any audio, it has occasional dropouts, usually for about a second or two, all day long. If I...
  8. 2 Problems with my laptop, have docking station

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Problems with my laptop, have docking station: Problem 1: When my computer sleeps after inactivity, the internet would disconnect when I turn the computer on. Problem 2: When I press the power button on my docking station ( few secs to put in sleep mode ) sometimes the laptop would start fresh as if it were shut down and...
  9. Display Settings on Docking Stations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Settings on Docking Stations: Hi all, My organisation has recently used to Windows 10 and our estate is largely made up of Surface pro 4's, 6's and surface laptop 2's. we use these with the surface docking station with mini display ports to connect to 2 monitors. i have set most of the display...
  10. docking station trouble shoot

docking station trouble shoot: how do I know if my e-sor usb port is PM enabled or AHCI is enabled for my docking station to work correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-trouble-shoot/e3b62e6d-959f-42f2-8e19-85eb29135a7e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. docking station and second screen set up