Windows 10: i have a second ssd

Discus and support i have a second ssd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello im a game developer and i got a new ssd the same model of my regular pc i changed it out then when i booted it up it said boot agent not found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yousifsharafzada, Nov 1, 2020.

1. i have a second ssd

hello im a game developer and i got a new ssd the same model of my regular pc i changed it out then when i booted it up it said boot agent not found then i put the original in then i worked then i put the new one on the top of the cd reader now i dont think it will work the specs to the pc is 200 watts the ram is around 16 or 12 the gpu i just got a new one need a component for it the 2 ssd are 320gb both thats all the specs here is a photo of what im doing please someone help i need some conformation i have a second ssd 6d223e76-d9a7-412c-8601-0a0c6dac8fab?upload=true.jpg

:)

yousifsharafzada, Nov 1, 2020
  2. X-PhilS Win User

Z Book BSOD with Second SSD Drive

Hi all

I have an issue with an HP Z Book. It is a new Generation 6 device and came with a pre-installed second SSD drive.

All worked fine until I tried to put our corporate image onto the primary OS SSD.

Firstly, the new OS installed onto the secondary SSD rather than the primary.

So I disconnected/removed the secondary, recreated the partition on the primary and loaded our stock OS.

The machine now works absolutely fine, as long as I do not try to re-introduce the second SSD drive.

If I reinstall this, the machine boots up OK for a second or two and then BSOD's.

Can anyone suggest the reason for this issue - the BSOD message reported a kernel error.

Any ideas on steps to take to resolve this?

Thanks

Phil

X-PhilS, Nov 1, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Nov 1, 2020
  4. BillyCobb Win User

i have a second ssd

Adding second SSD to desktop as first SSD is full

A $12-15 sata to usb cable would be a quick, cheap solution.

A $20 - 30 external drive housing would be a step up.

Either would be a workable solution IF you can live with the usb3.0 transfer rates ... you did say it was a temporary solution for data storage.

BC

BillyCobb, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

i have a second ssd

1. i have a second ssd - Similar Threads - second ssd

2. Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...: Hi there,This is a multi-faceted problem that I'm trying to troubleshoot on a new build with Win11. Any help or assistance would be fantastic - with a big thank you in advance.To start I've already confirmed with the motherboard creator MSI that the problems I'm having aren't...
  3. Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Manager Doesn't see my flash drive, external SSD, nor my second NVMe - but Bios &...: Hi there,This is a multi-faceted problem that I'm trying to troubleshoot on a new build with Win11. Any help or assistance would be fantastic - with a big thank you in advance.To start I've already confirmed with the motherboard creator MSI that the problems I'm having aren't...
  4. How do I set my second SSD as my primary boot drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set my second SSD as my primary boot drive?: My OS SSD is failing SMART failure according to startup error. Thus I have installed a second SSD on my Asus F15 laptop. I used AOMEI Backupper to clone my OS SSD to the new SSD, and was successful in cloning and unlocking the new SSD. However, the cloned SSD will not show up...
  5. How do I set my second SSD as my primary boot drive?

How do I set my second SSD as my primary boot drive?: My OS SSD is failing SMART failure according to startup error. Thus I have installed a second SSD on my Asus F15 laptop. I used AOMEI Backupper to clone my OS SSD to the new SSD, and was successful in cloning and unlocking the new SSD. However, the cloned SSD will not show up...
  6. PC boots slowly with second SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots slowly with second SSD: i have windows 11, i recently upgraded my second HDD to an SSD, it all went well until i was trying to install a game a few days ago. after that my pc boots slowly when my second ssd is connected, after a long time running some programs begin to function weird, like task...
  7. PC boots slowly with second SSD

PC boots slowly with second SSD: i have windows 11, i recently upgraded my second HDD to an SSD, it all went well until i was trying to install a game a few days ago. after that my pc boots slowly when my second ssd is connected, after a long time running some programs begin to function weird, like task...
  8. Windows 10 and 11 freeze for 7-8 seconds every 5 minutes while external SSd usage spikes to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and 11 freeze for 7-8 seconds every 5 minutes while external SSd usage spikes to...: I bought a brand new desktop with Windows 11 pro and I still have an older laptop with Windows 10 that works fine. The new desktop specifications: Asus Rog crosshair X670E hero, AMD Ryzen 9 7900, MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X E 12G OC, 2 x 1 TB Samsung internal SSD drives....
  9. Windows 10 and 11 freeze for 7-8 seconds every 5 minutes while external SSd usage spikes to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 and 11 freeze for 7-8 seconds every 5 minutes while external SSd usage spikes to...: I bought a brand new desktop with Windows 11 pro and I still have an older laptop with Windows 10 that works fine. The new desktop specifications: Asus Rog crosshair X670E hero, AMD Ryzen 9 7900, MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Ventus 3X E 12G OC, 2 x 1 TB Samsung internal SSD drives....
  10. Windows 10 and 11 freeze for 7-8 seconds every 5 minutes while external SSd usage spikes to...