Windows 10: I have a serious issue with Windows 10 updates and have looked for hours for an answer with...

Discus and support I have a serious issue with Windows 10 updates and have looked for hours for an answer with... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few months ago the 1803 feature update dropped. For about a month after that my computer would constantly try to install this update but I would just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VoltaireEsposito, Oct 1, 2018.

1. I have a serious issue with Windows 10 updates and have looked for hours for an answer with...

A few months ago the 1803 feature update dropped. For about a month after that my computer would constantly try to install this update but I would just keep getting errors saying that files were missing. Well finally after a month of trying to find the solution to this problem the feature update 1803 update installed. And this is where the real headache starts.

After the feature update 1803 finally installed I started getting multiple Blue Screens sometimes back to back. The security updates installed just fine but the cumulative update came back with the same error. Since then there have been about two or three more cumulative updates and the problem is still happening. I keep getting this exact same error with every new cumulative update (((Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later.Error code: 0x80073712))). Thankfully the Blue Screens have stopped but it still keeps trying to update with no success. And it is only the Cumulative updates for some reason. I have looked into this error as much as possible but simply can not find a solution.

Here is what I have already tried. I checked to make sure that it was not my Hard Drive by using the chkdsk command and there was no problem with my hard drive.

I have checked my memory to make sure that it was fine and no problems occurred.
    I even tried to download and install the update manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.

I tried also to stop the download by disabling Windows Update through the Services but every time I turn my PC back on from sleep mode it still updates anyways.

I'm pretty much at my wits end with Windows 10. It gets a bit old having to turn the computer on and just let it sit for 30 to 40 minutes so the stupid update will ultimately fail. Any help would be well appreciated.

:)

VoltaireEsposito, Oct 1, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Still Looking for an answer.

Hi Naluil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What is the make and mode of keyboard?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you try using external keyboard?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and Devices

Method 2.

Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 1, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

I have a serious issue with Windows 10 updates and have looked for hours for an answer with...

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

I have a serious issue with Windows 10 updates and have looked for hours for an answer with...

1. I have a serious issue with Windows 10 updates and have looked for hours for an answer with... - Similar Threads - serious issue updates

2. I have seriously concerning login issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have seriously concerning login issue.: ***Title: Windows PIN Setup Issue*** **Need Assistance** Hello Community, I'm currently experiencing difficulties with setting up my Windows PIN. I find myself unable to reset the PIN, and therefore I am forced to stay out of my laptop. And the system is prompting me to reset...
  3. I have seriously concerning login issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have seriously concerning login issue.: ***Title: Windows PIN Setup Issue*** **Need Assistance** Hello Community, I'm currently experiencing difficulties with setting up my Windows PIN. I find myself unable to reset the PIN, and therefore I am forced to stay out of my laptop. And the system is prompting me to reset...
  4. I have seriously concerning login issue.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I have a serious error on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a serious error on windows 10.: I have a bad image on almost every app I try to open. I’ve been told to run Sfc scannow but it says failed everytime and I ran the Dism command but it says error 193 Dism could not be initialized in the local folder. I also can’t update windows without an error and I can’t...
  6. I have a serious error on windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a serious error on windows 10.: I have a bad image on almost every app I try to open. I’ve been told to run Sfc scannow but it says failed everytime and I ran the Dism command but it says error 193 Dism could not be initialized in the local folder. I also can’t update windows without an error and I can’t...
  7. Cumulative Windows 10 Updates fail - I have the correct answer and you need not to look...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cumulative Windows 10 Updates fail - I have the correct answer and you need not to look...: You are trying to update your Windows 10 with those huge time eating Cumulative updates but everytime you try to, it gets to a certain point and it fails.This is what the problem is and how to fix it. I know, cause I just fixed mine.When you first get a new computer the...
  8. Cumulative Windows 10 Updates fail - I have the correct answer and you need not to look...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative Windows 10 Updates fail - I have the correct answer and you need not to look...: You are trying to update your Windows 10 with those huge time eating Cumulative updates but everytime you try to, it gets to a certain point and it fails.This is what the problem is and how to fix it. I know, cause I just fixed mine.When you first get a new computer the...
  9. Cumulative Windows 10 Updates fail - I have the correct answer and you need not to look...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. I have the answer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have the answer: Got this in a minidump debug. Take this and go for it. mwac.sys *code:: SYMBOL_NAME: mwac+12715MODULE_NAME: mwacIMAGE_NAME: mwac.sysSTACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 12715FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_mwac!unknown_functionOS_VERSION:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. image8 pubmatic keeps trying to download