Windows 10: I have a SSD and HDD and the SSD keeps filling up ?

Discus and support I have a SSD and HDD and the SSD keeps filling up ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got an Acer Nitro 5 Model Number: AN515-54-51M5 . I have 1TB HDD and a 128 SSD. Some reason, even when downloading the games to my HDD my SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Parker262, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Parker262 Win User

I have a SSD and HDD and the SSD keeps filling up ?

I just got an Acer Nitro 5 Model Number: AN515-54-51M5 . I have 1TB HDD and a 128 SSD. Some reason, even when downloading the games to my HDD my SSD still seems to fill up? I have only 2 Gigs left on the SSD.... Only had the laptop a few days, but been downloading games to play. Should I reset the laptop from scratch and see if I was saving wrong? Or is there a fix to where games/files can be moved easily to my HDD...?

:)

Parker262, Apr 21, 2020
  2. CACTISHAN Win User

SSD filling up

Hi, I have a 120GB SSD with my OS on and a 1TB HDD with everything else on. I have moved all my temporary file locations to the HDD, but my SSD randomly fills up. I used CCleaner to clear about 16GB from the SSD. About 10 minutes later, I went and checked
    the space left, and it was completely full. When I first boot my computer, it says that there are 70GB's free, but this fills up as well.

CACTISHAN, Apr 21, 2020
  3. SSD keeps filling up

My SSD keeps slowly filling up, when my computer is on. Then when i restart my computer, i takes around an hour, and it says the message "configuring windows". When the computer is launched again, my ssd i back to normal capacity, but slowly fills up again.
    But the wierd thing is, it only started to happen, after i did a complete re installation of my computer.

MikkelFriis, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

SSD storage keeps filling up on its own

Hi Ash,

There's a possibility that the files are just hidden. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps below on how to display hidden files that's eating space of your SSD:

• On the Search bar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives,
      and then select OK.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. I have a SSD and HDD and the SSD keeps filling up ? - Similar Threads - SSD HDD SSD

2. SSD showing up as HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD showing up as HDD: since this question is already closed in thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-showing-up-as-hdd-in-device-manager/e1dad58d-4bbb-40f6-862b-783b18f06371 I refer to it herewith again. Since it has at the time of writing this one here one hundred "I've...
  3. SSD showing up as HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD showing up as HDD: My SSD is showing up as HDD in task manager and disk management, i need it to show up as SSD so i can install windows subsystem for android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-showing-up-as-hdd/d314266f-d87b-446a-bc38-31e6655fed25
  4. SSD showing up as HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD showing up as HDD: My SSD is showing up as HDD in task manager and disk management, i need it to show up as SSD so i can install windows subsystem for android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssd-showing-up-as-hdd/d314266f-d87b-446a-bc38-31e6655fed25
  5. SSD C:\ drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD C:\ drive keeps filling up: I'm running Windows 10 and my C drive will randomly fill up suddenly. It will go from having 30+ GB free to only 6-10. I'll use disk cleanup but find less than a GB available to delete. Yet a few days later it'll go back to having 30+ GB free again. I installed TreeSize and...
  6. SSD showing up as HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD showing up as HDD: Hey there, I recently had a 1TB Seagate HDD installed on to my Asus ROG laptop which already had an inbuilt 1TB SSD. But I am surprised as to why my Task Manager enlists my SSD with the credentials of my HDD and my HDD with that of my SSD. I know it is switched because my...
  7. ssd filling up automatically for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd filling up automatically for no reason: i bought new gaming laptop g3 3579. it has 128gb ssd and 1tb hdd . i just using laptop for browsing . but my c drive ssd storage space is keep decreasing for no reason . i searched in youtube of disk defragment . so i install software but it make it worst . my free space...
  8. My SSD (C drive) keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My SSD (C drive) keeps filling up: It seems after a bunch of messing around with install settings that things still want to download on my little 120gb SSD instead of the bigger HDD. It’s saying I have 1.72gb available at the moment but after installing something it will fill up completely but when I check to...
  9. SSD keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Customization
    SSD keeps filling up: Hi i have just received a new laptop with a 120GB SSD with window installed on it and a 1TB HDD but everything i do goes straight to the SSD and i get an error no disk space left. how do i rectify this, i have uninstalled all my new programs to free up space but that...
  10. Windows 10 and SSD Filling Up....

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and SSD Filling Up....: So, I've got a question about Windows 10 and my SSD getting too full. I have plenty of space, but my C: drive has 3 GB left. Is there a way to tell Windows to extend to another drive? Say when I get an update, I have another SSD, I would like Windows to start writing to the...