Windows 10: I have a Surface Pro 3 and WIFI doesn't show up in the Settings menu. Network...

Discus and support I have a Surface Pro 3 and WIFI doesn't show up in the Settings menu. Network... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 3 and WIFI doesn't show up in the Settings menu. Network troubleshooter says to connect an Ethernet cable. Can't figure out what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelCorrigan1, Sep 28, 2018.

1. I have a Surface Pro 3 and WIFI doesn't show up in the Settings menu. Network...

I have a Surface Pro 3 and WIFI doesn't show up in the Settings menu. Network troubleshooter says to connect an Ethernet cable. Can't figure out what has happened

:)

MichaelCorrigan1, Sep 28, 2018

2. Accessing wifi on Surface Pro 3

Hi Mikel,

There are several reasons which may cause the Surface Pro 3 not to connect to the WiFi. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried running the network troubleshooter?
    • Have you tried updating the network adapter driver?
    • have you tried rolling back the network adapter driver?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Surface 3 connection to WiFi network

I am attempting to sign into a known wifi network that requires a user name and password (which I have). My name and password work on all my devices BUT the surface 3. Once I input the username and password, the screen boots me to the bottom of the list
    and asks for the name and password 3+ times before it tells me I cannot connect to the network. Any thoughts or recommendations on how to get into this network? The Surface 3 works beautifully at my home on my home wifi, which is only password encrypted

Thank you

AllisonGambucci, Sep 28, 2018
  4. I have a Surface Pro 3 and WIFI doesn't show up in the Settings menu. Network...

Surface 3 Pro keeps resetting network connection

Hi Kevin,

Your Surface 3 Pro may have previously connected to the hidden network that's why it reconnects to it when in range. If you want, you can set your device to not connect automatically to the network when it's in range. To do that, follow these steps:

1. When your Surface 3 Pro is connected to the hidden network, type in Network and Sharing Center on the Cortana search, and select it from the search results.
    2. In the left pane, click Change adapter settings.
    3. Double click your Wireless Network Connection.
    4. On the Wireless Network Properties, uncheck the Connect automatically when the network is in range, then click
      OK.

I have a Surface Pro 3 and WIFI doesn't show up in the Settings menu.  Network... 196cc51c-c97e-4ec8-9acf-9ef4dcf40654?upload=true.png

If the issue persists, then better yet, delete the network profile from your saved networks list. Here's how:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet.
    2. Select Wi-Fi, then click Manage known networks.
    3. Here you will see your saved networks. Select the hidden network's profile, and click
      Forget.

Please update this thread with the result so I'll be able to further assist you if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

I have a Surface Pro 3 and WIFI doesn't show up in the Settings menu. Network...

1. I have a Surface Pro 3 and WIFI doesn't show up in the Settings menu. Network... - Similar Threads - Surface Pro WIFI

2. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks: I'm trying to connect to my Wifi at home, except the network doesn't show up on the list of available networks to connect to. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Z510 running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3031. The network is there, and it works just fine, on my phone...
  3. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks: I'm trying to connect to my Wifi at home, except the network doesn't show up on the list of available networks to connect to. My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad Z510 running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2, OS Build 19045.3031. The network is there, and it works just fine, on my phone...
  4. Wifi network doesn't show up in Available Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi menu doesn't show up: I've been using windows 11 for ever since it came out and all of the sudden when I click on the little wifi, audio, or battery icon on the bottom right of the screen the menu doesn't pop up any more please help....
  6. Wifi menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi menu doesn't show up: I've been using windows 11 for ever since it came out and all of the sudden when I click on the little wifi, audio, or battery icon on the bottom right of the screen the menu doesn't pop up any more please help....
  7. Slooooow wifi connection on surface 3 pro

Slooooow wifi connection on surface 3 pro: Suddenly I am experiencing very slow wifi speeds on my surface 3 pro. On all my other devices (desktop and iPhone) I get around 150 Mbs. Now on the Surface, I am getting under 30 Mbs. Recently I have added Version 1909 build:18363.476. I have removed the Marvell Wifi driver...
  8. Surface Pro 4 Wifi settings not showing

Surface Pro 4 Wifi settings not showing: Hello all! So basically, ive had my surface for a good amount of time. Ive encountered problems but most of the time I can sort them out with usual help however for once I cant Whenever I try to connect to a network, or attempt to view what networks are available, nothing...
  9. I have a surface 3 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a surface 3 pro: I wiped the hard drive the typecover keyboard only lights up when I have almost no Ipower in the battery,as soon as I try to recharge the battery it goes black. I cannot remember the password,I have even tried the password for other things.I am beginning to think I am...
  10. Surface Pro 3 - no network in 10158

Surface Pro 3 - no network in 10158: I upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to build 10158 today, and I have no network. Under device manager, they are installed properly. I have tried using the Microsoft USB adapter, and the device shows as installed, but under Network Connections, no adapter is visible - no wireless,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 3 wireless driver windows 10

2. surface pro 3 doesnt show wifi networks