Windows 10: I have a terrible problem - I can't open setting window and I the search option did not...

Discus and support I have a terrible problem - I can't open setting window and I the search option did not... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and a lenovo laptop. Last night I received an update notification from Lenovo Bios and Windows, when I click it My laptop become so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DrBrm17, Aug 25, 2020.

1. DrBrm17 Win User

I have a terrible problem - I can't open setting window and I the search option did not...

I have windows 10 and a lenovo laptop.
    Last night I received an update notification from Lenovo Bios and Windows,

when I click it My laptop become so slow.

I cant open setting window, and all search button don't work.

Sometimes My laptop demand me to fix some .dll files.

I tried that command :

DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

command but the results is:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.18362.900 Image Version: 10.0.18363.1016 Error: 87 The cleanup-image option is unknown. For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

I tried :

sfc /scannow

But the results:

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

How Can I solve it ? How can make setting and search service work again ? and is it a problem where extended services is blank ?

:)

DrBrm17, Aug 25, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Search option is not working properly in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Magnifier in windows?

• Are you facing issues with Magnifier or Search bar?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Restart the Service and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search.

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic.
    Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 25, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Aug 25, 2020
  4. I have a terrible problem - I can't open setting window and I the search option did not...

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

I have a terrible problem - I can't open setting window and I the search option did not...

1. I have a terrible problem - I can't open setting window and I the search option did not... - Similar Threads - terrible problem can't

2. I can't open my window menu, taskbar setting, settings and other options of window. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my window menu, taskbar setting, settings and other options of window. I...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-window-menu-taskbar-setting/c22c62d8-6c1c-481e-9430-aa138d508000
  3. I can't open my window menu, taskbar setting, settings and other options of window. I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open my window menu, taskbar setting, settings and other options of window. I...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-window-menu-taskbar-setting/c22c62d8-6c1c-481e-9430-aa138d508000
  4. I can't open my window menu, taskbar setting, settings and other options of window. I...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have a problem, when I download a file, they have an extension and can't be opened and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem, when I download a file, they have an extension and can't be opened and...: Dobrý deň, mám problém, keď si stiahnem súbor, majú príponu a nedajú sa otvoriť a majú divný názov, napr. 0BzZBWVn2dFDBTldJZ09ETFBtY2c to je názov súboru a nedá sa otvoriť nejaká rada? Mám firefox. Ďakujem.Hello, I have a problem, when I download a file, they have an...
  6. I have a big problem - After the last update I Can't open settings windows 10, I can't use...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a big problem - After the last update I Can't open settings windows 10, I can't use...: Hello I am using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1016] OS build 18363.1016 windows pro. After the last update of windows I cant open setting window, and all search button don't work. Sometimes My laptop demand me to fix some .dll files. I cant open the search...
  7. I have a terrible problem - After the update of windows 10 I can't open setting window and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a terrible problem - After the update of windows 10 I can't open setting window and...: Hello I am using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1016] OS build 18363.1016 windows pro. Last night my Windows received a new update, but when I update it and I re-start it. I cant open setting window, and all search button don't work. Sometimes My laptop...
  8. I have a problem with the settings.

I have a problem with the settings.: [ATTACH]Most of them are missing and I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-with-the-settings/4ff2f551-4b5a-48a7-8b89-00bbc5771f34
  9. I have problem with the settings.

I have problem with the settings.: [ATTACH]Most of them are missing and I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-the-settings/4ff2f551-4b5a-48a7-8b89-00bbc5771f34
  10. I can't open settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open settings: Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-settings/7727bd00-439f-496e-87e4-f39a8eddcf08