Windows 10: I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone...

Discus and support I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mirandie07, Nov 8, 2019.

1. I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone...

I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

:)

Mirandie07, Nov 8, 2019

2. touchscreen on Dell Inspiron not working

Hi Debora,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing touchscreen issue. One possible cause could be an outdated driver. I would like to know more about your concern. Kindly verify the changes made on the computer prior to the issue.

Meanwhile, you have to make sure that touchscreen is enabled. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, then select
      Device Manager.
    • Expland Human Interface Devices and select HID-compliant
      touch screen.
    • Select the Action tab at the top of the window. Select
      Enable

For your reference, check this article.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshoot and then hit
      Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices. Click
      Run as administrator.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Nov 8, 2019
  3. touchscreen no longer works

I have an HP Pavilion 24-g030xt with touchscreen. In device manager under Human Interface Devices it doesn't list touchscreen monitor. My computer is about 18 months old and the touchscreen works fine until about 2 months ago. Any suggestion?

samuelward, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone...

Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile I have a touchscreen.  The icons on the top of the screen are not working?  Does anyone... :)

Naki, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone...

1. I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone... - Similar Threads - touchscreen icons top

2. Does anyone have a fix for this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone have a fix for this?: So I'm on Windows 11 and out the blue stuff on my windows START and when I try to use the notification bar just act up. Like when I hit the windows start to open the menu, the moment I click on the search bar to type something the window would auto-close. Same when I tried to...
  3. Does anyone have a fix for this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone have a fix for this?: I turned on my pc today and it came up with some type off error saying, “Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key”. I tried solutions which i found on yours which were, changing the boot order in the BIOS settings and...
  4. Does anyone have a fix for this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does anyone have a fix for this?: I turned on my pc today and it came up with some type off error saying, “Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key”. I tried solutions which i found on yours which were, changing the boot order in the BIOS settings and...
  5. Does anyone have an address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone have an address?: Does anyone have a physical mailing address for microsoft? Their pos program shuts down with zero warning and the oh so wonderful onr drive- sarcasm fully intended, does not save the work...even though it is set to do so. They have now cost me enough hours I intend to bill...
  6. Does anyone know how to fix this? I know explorer.exe works but does anyone have a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to fix this? I know explorer.exe works but does anyone have a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Majo_Pokos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm7gkc/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this_i_know/
  7. Does anyone have the HID-compliant Touchscreen list of all versions?

Does anyone have the HID-compliant Touchscreen list of all versions?: Hi! I did a clean install on my laptop after reinstalling all drivers the touchscreen is not behaving properly like when i swipe upward it'll register it as swipe to the left and vice versa. submitted by /u/Jazper08 [link] [comments]...
  8. Desktop Icon at top of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon at top of screen: For some reason my recycle bin icon is stuck at the top of my screen. When my cursor moves to the top of the screen a light blue rectangle that stretches across the entire screen shows up. I can not move the icon. I can not drag it. I have tried changing the size, toggling on...
  9. Does anyone have Nearby Sharing working?

Does anyone have Nearby Sharing working?: Both of the PC's have Low Energy Bluetooth devices. Both PC's have Nearby Sharing enabled. With the other PC 4 ft away, I can't see it. https://imgur.com/5nxRznl submitted by /u/Mister_Kurtz [link] [comments]...
  10. Icon placement at top to screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon placement at top to screen: After reboot windows 10, unable to place any icons at the top of the screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-placement-at-top-to-screen/a7a6a052-93ba-4b29-8fcb-da168293de7d