Windows 10: I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone...

Discus and support I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mirandie07, Nov 8, 2019.

1. I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone...

I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

:)

Mirandie07, Nov 8, 2019

2. touchscreen on Dell Inspiron not working

Hi Debora,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing touchscreen issue. One possible cause could be an outdated driver. I would like to know more about your concern. Kindly verify the changes made on the computer prior to the issue.

Meanwhile, you have to make sure that touchscreen is enabled. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, then select
      Device Manager.
    • Expland Human Interface Devices and select HID-compliant
      touch screen.
    • Select the Action tab at the top of the window. Select
      Enable

For your reference, check this article.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshoot and then hit
      Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices. Click
      Run as administrator.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Nov 8, 2019
  3. touchscreen no longer works

I have an HP Pavilion 24-g030xt with touchscreen. In device manager under Human Interface Devices it doesn't list touchscreen monitor. My computer is about 18 months old and the touchscreen works fine until about 2 months ago. Any suggestion?

samuelward, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone...

Feature suggestion: Add "Options" screen + add icon for it

Suggestion:
    The place for the options, namely the top left corner system menu, is a bit strange, most similar programs do not use it like that.
    Most programs use a separate Options (or maybe Settings, whichever sounds best) screen.

So, I suggest for the menu items in the system menu to become like this:
    Restore
    Move
    Size
    Minimize
    Close
    Check for Update...
    Options
    Read Asic Quality
    Launch GPU-Z Instaler
    About...
    (or maybe Always on Top option can also stay)

Also, optionally I suggest adding a Gear or maybe Wrench icon next to the Camera icon in top right.
    When that Gear or Wrench icon is clicked, for the Options/Settings screen to appear.
    Where we have the Tooltips, Always on Top, Tooltip language and the other options.

What do you think? Thanks for any comments!

NOTE: Also, if the Size system menu item as well as the Restore menu item are not needed, they can both be removed. It is not trivial, but there is a way. *Smile I have a touchscreen.  The icons on the top of the screen are not working?  Does anyone... :)

Naki, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone...

1. I have a touchscreen. The icons on the top of the screen are not working? Does anyone... - Similar Threads - touchscreen icons top

2. Hello, does anyone have the drivers for..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hello, does anyone have the drivers for..: Hello, does anyone have the drivers for smartab? model is STW1050. I reinstalled windows 10 on the tablet and now i dont have any drivers and the manufacturer doesnt provide them in their website, if anyone has the same device i have, could you send me drivers from system32?...
  3. does anyone have a solution to remover theweathercenter.org

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    does anyone have a solution to remover theweathercenter.org: I have tried everything I find on Google searches but I have not been able to get this off several of my PC. It pops up as theweathercenter.org but has nothing to do with weather and had a lot of off the wall internet rumors etc. Has anyone got a solution for eliminating...
  4. Icon placement at top to screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon placement at top to screen: After reboot windows 10, unable to place any icons at the top of the screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-placement-at-top-to-screen/a7a6a052-93ba-4b29-8fcb-da168293de7d
  5. Does anyone have the Linksys WRT3200ACM Router?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does anyone have the Linksys WRT3200ACM Router?: The reason I ask is because last year, I had the 1900AC, and the front LED lights started going dim, so they replaced it and gave me a free upgrade to the 1900ACS. Well, the same thing has happened, and now they are giving me another replacement and upgrading me to the...
  6. I have a problem with Cortana. The music icon in the top is missing

in Cortana
    I have a problem with Cortana. The music icon in the top is missing: I have a problem with Cortana. The music icon in the top is missing. How do I turn it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-with-cortana-the-music-icon-in/414a9695-5e52-4a5b-9846-7aa72bb45097"
  7. Does anyone have a copy of MS Office?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone have a copy of MS Office?: I was using Polaris but my trial ran out.
  8. Anyone have the 10022 'ugly' icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anyone have the 10022 'ugly' icons?: I know the flat icons introduced in the 10022 build were very unpopular and yeah, the folder icon was terrible. But I liked the unpopular flat recycle bin icon more than the current squared recycle bin. Anyone know where I can get those icons? They were already designed. I...
  9. Does anyone have a working pci-e fax modem in W10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone have a working pci-e fax modem in W10?: My generic pci-e fax modem (Conexant CX-9Z-NR0134-00) worked okay in W8.1, but in W10 I can't query and diagnose to test it. Error message says "The port that the modem is attached could not be opened. This may be the result of a hardware conflict. Check the device manager to...
  10. Does anyone have experience with TWEAKING v4.0.12. ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does anyone have experience with TWEAKING v4.0.12. ?: I have unintentionally created some problems for myself with permissions.  I don't understand permissions and networking very well (a question for another day). A friend told me to use "tweaking program" to repair my system issues with permissions. Before I just...