Windows 10: I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my...

Discus and support I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This problem is on my other laptop, which lives in the loft music studio. (The one I am on now lives downstairs, and is just fine. I know my login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gary Armitage, Feb 13, 2019.

1. I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my...

This problem is on my other laptop, which lives in the loft music studio.

(The one I am on now lives downstairs, and is just fine. I know my login details for this machine - by heart, and don't want to change anything on this.)

Windows update however, appears to have logged me out of the upstairs machine, for the first time in about 12 months(Keep me signed in "tick" has gone off).

The first (Correct) part of my email address is gary.

On the loft machine, at the login, the address comes up as starting with "gry" - ie - there is a letter "a" missing from that one.

Because it has been quite a long time since I had to log on up there, I don't remember the password I used for that machine, which I assume microsoft, due to the typo, treats as a totally different account to the one I'm on now. !

So now, with the reset codes sent to the "gry" version address, I obviously can't access them, because I don't actually have an email account with that typo'd address.

Oh - this is real fun !

What I need - is to change the email address of the login details,on the loft machine, to the same (Correct) address as this machine has.

But when I do the "Email typo" section, on the loft machine, and then put THIS correct email address in, it comes back with " That address is unavailable". well - obviously it does, because it is my correct address, and is obviously already registered with microsoft.

(As I said - it is in use on the machine I'm on right now !)

Therefore, I am unable to 1. access the microsoft account on that machine

and 2. Am unable to change it.

7 hours in now. Sight is failing. Will to live has left. Fully had enough. Ready to launch laptop through loft window (Open - or Closed !) need help.

Surely I shouldn't need to start windows 10 reinstall, just for this? PS, it's a dual boot machine.

In a nutshell :

A. To keep all the details as - is , on this machine(Don't change a thing here !).

B. To Mirror these details onto the loft machine

c. To reset the loft password to something I can remember (IE: Same as this machine )

D. To completely rid the loft machine, (And Microsoft) of the existing - but wrong address.

Sound complex? Well - it shouldn't be, but it has proven to be nigh on impossible ! and all for a stupid letter "a" !

:)

Gary Armitage, Feb 13, 2019

2. Unable to login into Windows 10, forgotten Microsoft account email address and Password.

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

a. Do you remember the email address used to create the Microsoft Account (Outlook/live/Hotmail/yahoo/Gmail)?

b. Is the mail address shown on the login screen below the account user name?

If you remember the email address used to create the Microsoft account, you will be able to reset the password and use the same to login into the user account.

If you do not remember the email address and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user account, check the email address below the account user name on the lock screen (Press
    Windows logo + L key on the keyboard to get to the lock screen). Using the same email address, you can use the below link to reset the password and use the same to login into the user account.

Link to reset or change the Microsoft account password:
    https://account.live.com/password/reset

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 13, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 13, 2019
  4. I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my...

Live.com - typo in recovery email address.

Hello Juzar

I had already tried the method you suggest for re-setting the password but as I noted in my original post - "So now I don't remember the password and cant use the alternative email address AND I haven't used the account so I can't provide any other
    information necessary to re-set the password."

I think I just need to speak to someone at Microsoft to explain that if they correct the obvious typo in the recovery email address everything will be fine...

Cheers

RandomIssues, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my...

1. I have a Typo(And a forgotten password)in my Microsoft account login email address, on my... - Similar Threads - Typo forgotten password

2. I have my pin to login to Microsoft Windows 10 but have forgotten my password. How can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have my pin to login to Microsoft Windows 10 but have forgotten my password. How can I...: I have my pin to login to Microsoft Windows 10 but have forgotten my password. How can I find it? Can I use the pin?Thnk you! Jayne Ferrante1...
  3. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  4. I made a typo in my email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made a typo in my email address: So I made my Email address which uses Gmail.com rather than outlook and I got a new phone recently. My phone is on a different email address so I tried to fix my email by using an existing email but it says that the email address is unavailable? So my phone is on Gmail and my...
  5. I made a typo in my email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I made a typo in my email address: So I made my Email address which uses Gmail.com rather than outlook and I got a new phone recently. My phone is on a different email address so I tried to fix my email by using an existing email but it says that the email address is unavailable? So my phone is on Gmail and my...
  6. forgotten both login account passwords on my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgotten both login account passwords on my windows: My laptop has been broken for about 5 months now and i recently got it fixed, but both I and the other person who uses this laptop have forgotten both passwords and i have tried everything to reset it but nothing will work. i would appreciate tips on how to solve this issue...
  7. forgotten both login account passwords on my windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgotten both login account passwords on my windows: My laptop has been broken for about 5 months now and i recently got it fixed, but both I and the other person who uses this laptop have forgotten both passwords and i have tried everything to reset it but nothing will work. i would appreciate tips on how to solve this issue...
  8. I have forgotten my password used on my laptop. Use Microsoft acct email used password on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have forgotten my password used on my laptop. Use Microsoft acct email used password on...: I use same email on my laptop as I use on my desktop. I forgot what I used as password for laptop so read a post that said change the password on Microsoft email which I did and then check use on all devices (something similar not exact) so I did but when I tried to log in...
  9. I have forgotten my windows login password which is setup with my microsoft account. Can I...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have forgotten my windows login password which is setup with my microsoft account. Can I...: I had reset the password of my windows user. But i forgot it the next day. The laptop is setup with my microsoft account, but I had not installed the microsoft apps yet. Is there a possibility to recover all my data or change my password(much preferred option) using my...
  10. I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have forgotten my password for login on my computer!: I have forgotten my password for login on my computer! Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-password-for-login-on-my/7bc149d4-c9ae-48d3-afd8-47ff266fa6e9"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. typo in my windows login