Windows 10: I have a Usb driver issue please help

Discus and support I have a Usb driver issue please help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I own Acer Predator Helios 300. I have 3 usb ports 2 of them are intel one and one is Nvidia one. My device works perfectly on Intel usb but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Akulop, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Akulop Win User

I have a Usb driver issue please help

Hey, I own Acer Predator Helios 300. I have 3 usb ports 2 of them are intel one and one is Nvidia one. My device works perfectly on Intel usb but whenever I connect it to Nvidia Usb it says Driver issue for some device and for some it wont recognize. I have even tried troubleshooting but it won't fix it. I have also reset my laptop still it doesn't

:)

Akulop, Aug 9, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Windows usb drivers issue

Hi,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are facing. Since you have checked this concern on two separate computers running different versions of Windows, there is a possibility that this can be caused by the presence of corrupted drivers
    or files in your system.

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter from this article:

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems
    . This will check to make sure the files and drivers are in good condition.

If the steps provided does not resolve the issue, we would have to update the driver of the devices manually. You can refer to the following links on how to update device drivers on different versions of Windows:

Let us know of any status or progress relating to your query.

Jordan Dom, Aug 9, 2021
  4. I have a Usb driver issue please help

Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

I have a Usb driver issue please help

1. I have a Usb driver issue please help - Similar Threads - Usb driver issue

2. Driver issues please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver issues please help: I installed Ubuntu over my Windows install, and just now decided to install Windows again, and my drivers stuff is gone. I have a acer nitro AN515-55 with a GTX 1650Ti GPU and an intel core i5 10th gen something, how do I get nitrosense and all the other geforce stuff back???...
  3. Please help me with a driver issue

Please help me with a driver issue: How do I revert to the original drivers. This shows up and I can't delete it. [ATTACH][ATTACH] Help would be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-with-a-driver-issue/ba3e655e-b32e-4c3a-9826-22a132136611
  4. HELP please, i got a driver issue with windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP please, i got a driver issue with windows 10.: I am a beginner here, and I need to install a previous driver of my intel UHD 620 (the recent one leads to a lot of lags). I turned off my internet connection, uninstalled the current driver thanks to the device manager and then I did a reboot. At this point, I wanted to...
  5. MTP Driver Issues. seriously, please help

MTP Driver Issues. seriously, please help: The Driver isn't available anymore. : All I want to do is have my phone pop up as a removable device so I can transfer files. As simple as it is, I took it for granted and now I can't do anything. I have done everything from re-installing? the INF's, to downloading Media...
  6. I am having wifi issues please help.

I am having wifi issues please help.: So I recently bought an Acer N50-610 Gaming PC with Windows 10 on it and at first it connected to the wifi just fine but for some reason now it is having issues. It connects but says "No internet". Normally this is a problem with the router itself but all my other devices are...
  7. Have driver issue that I need help with.

Have driver issue that I need help with.: For the past few months I have been having issues with my pc. Sometimes when I restart my pc I will get BSOD errors such as Critical_Process_Died, and System_Service_Exception. I run an OC on my 8600k, as well as XMP on my DDR4 3000mhz RAM. Normally when I have this issue I...
  8. I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if...

I have no WiFi or Ethernet to speak of because of Updates or driver issues?! Please help if...: Hello, I have a standard HP laptop. Nothing fancy. I'm not a gamer or even do Netflix and the like. My WiFi as well as Ethernet does not really work much and hasn't in quite a while. I've read that Windows 10 updates could very well cause this. If that is true, does anyone...
  9. Audio driver issues, Please help

Audio driver issues, Please help: Hi, this is my first time posting and I thought i could solve this issue but its really starting to annoy me. Basically when you change the volume in youtube or similar things like spotify, even if its almost silent, the sound becomes louder on its own. The volume on youtube...
  10. Network driver issues Please help!

Network driver issues Please help!: Hi everyone. I recently received a new top end PC and am having some issues that I can't for the life of me resolve so I'm hoping you can all help me out a bit. My MoBo is an ASUS Maximus gene VIII Z170 board I run my ethernet through homeplugs. These by default go...