Windows 10: I have a user profile service error and I do not have the option to safe restart how do I...

Discus and support I have a user profile service error and I do not have the option to safe restart how do I... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I added a local user and then tried to sign in with it and it says user profile service failure and doesnt give me the option to reboot safely... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Deck891, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Deck891 Win User

I have a user profile service error and I do not have the option to safe restart how do I...

I added a local user and then tried to sign in with it and it says user profile service failure and doesnt give me the option to reboot safely

:)

Deck891, Sep 21, 2020

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Sep 21, 2020
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Let's try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account. Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.
    Hope this helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

I have a user profile service error and I do not have the option to safe restart how do I...

User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

1. I have a user profile service error and I do not have the option to safe restart how do I... - Similar Threads - user profile service

2. I have got an issue “ The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have got an issue “ The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile...: I have got an issue “ The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.” When i am tried to start in safe kode then there is no user found so please help me...
  3. I have got an issue “ The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have got an issue “ The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile...: I have got an issue “ The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.” When i am tried to start in safe kode then there is no user found so please help me...
  4. How do I fix "user profile service failed the sign-in" error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "user profile service failed the sign-in" error?: I have a problem, when I turn on my computer, Windows gives me the error user profile service failed the sign-in, I have an "ok" button, I click on it, Windows throws me at the sign in lock screen, but after entering the correct password, it gives me the same error, after...
  5. How do I fix "user profile service failed the sign-in" error?

How do I fix "user profile service failed the sign-in" error?: I have a problem, when I turn on my computer, Windows gives me the error user profile service failed the sign-in, I have an "ok" button, I click on it, Windows throws me at the sign in lock screen, but after entering the correct password, it gives me the same error, after...
  6. How do i fix "the profile user service failed the sign-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix "the profile user service failed the sign-in?: Hello, a couple of days ago I was using my computer when I noticed that some of my files were missing their icons. I tried to Uninstal them, but it wouldn't because I didn't have the permissions. So I tried making another user with admin permissions, but I couldn't figure it...
  7. How do I fix 'the user profile service service failed the sign-in' ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix 'the user profile service service failed the sign-in' ?: as explained in the title, I have reset my computer and after it finished resetting I went to sign in and it gives me a blue screen saying user profile cannot be loaded. Any ideas?...
  8. How do I fix 'the user profile service service failed the sign-in' ?

How do I fix 'the user profile service service failed the sign-in' ?: as explained in the title, I have reset my computer and after it finished resetting I went to sign in and it gives me a blue screen saying user profile cannot be loaded. Any ideas?...
  9. How do I fix 'the user profile service service failed the sign-in' ?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. How do I fix user profile error

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix user profile error: Why do I keep getting user profile error. I am also not able to sign it to office as it says I am not authorized. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-user-profile-error/6c478dab-5702-448d-ab51-27de8ab9d36a