Windows 10: I have a user whos profile I want to rename.old and have them log back in and create a new...

Discus and support I have a user whos profile I want to rename.old and have them log back in and create a new... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The user is on our domain and on windows 10.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Josh Palmer2, Feb 6, 2023.

1. I have a user whos profile I want to rename.old and have them log back in and create a new...

The user is on our domain and on windows 10.

:)

Josh Palmer2, Feb 6, 2023

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 6, 2023
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Feb 6, 2023
  4. I have a user whos profile I want to rename.old and have them log back in and create a new...

I was having an issue creating a new user profile for windows 10 on my Sony vaio laptop.

Initially once i created the profile using her windows log in I was getting the error 'user profile service service failed the sign-in'. To fix this I tried removing the profile and creating a local profile. Upon restarting, I received the same error message.

Having looked in the community discussions, I saw that using 'windows +R' brought up a user list. I did this and checked all the info was correct for the user profile. I also checked the other accounts on there. I am the administrator and was in the 'homegroup'
    group, there were also a couple of other profiles that had similar names to mine but were for software updates in the description.

Upon closing the window, I believe I was prompted to log in to make the changes. When's I clicked ok, it took me to the log in screen where both my administrator profile and the other user profile were listed. However now, it only has the new user profile
    available. There is nowhere to click the administrator profile and I am still getting the user profile service error for this new user profile which is not allowing me to go any further.

I have tried to open in safe mode in order to do a system restore but I'm being prompted for an administrator password which is coming back as incorrect (it is definitely correct as I have just logged into the account on here with it).

so now I am unable to do a system restore, a reset or log in to a profile as my administrator profile doesn't seem to exist any more.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Sam

correct

Samaldinho4, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

I have a user whos profile I want to rename.old and have them log back in and create a new...

1. I have a user whos profile I want to rename.old and have them log back in and create a new... - Similar Threads - user whos profile

2. I have a Harddrive that I have backed up with windows 10 files. I want them to be moved or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Harddrive that I have backed up with windows 10 files. I want them to be moved or...: I have a Harddrive that I have backed up with windows 10 files. I want them to be moved or copied onto my windows 11 system. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-harddrive-that-i-have-backed-up-with/f16d35e2-560e-48a3-af96-aab5f4aaf5d4
  3. I have a Harddrive that I have backed up with windows 10 files. I want them to be moved or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Harddrive that I have backed up with windows 10 files. I want them to be moved or...: I have a Harddrive that I have backed up with windows 10 files. I want them to be moved or copied onto my windows 11 system. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-harddrive-that-i-have-backed-up-with/f16d35e2-560e-48a3-af96-aab5f4aaf5d4
  4. Word and Excel have disappeared. I want them back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word and Excel have disappeared. I want them back.: Word and Excel have disappeared. I want them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-and-excel-have-disappeared-i-want-them-back/62d7412e-05ad-4dca-a3e4-365d9d4e26dc
  5. Word and Excel have disappeared. I want them back.

Word and Excel have disappeared. I want them back.: Word and Excel have disappeared. I want them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-and-excel-have-disappeared-i-want-them-back/62d7412e-05ad-4dca-a3e4-365d9d4e26dc
  6. I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.: I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working. It's giving me this error: "Cannot perform this action on built in accounts"....
  7. I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.

I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working.: I have an extra user profile that I want to delete, but it's not working. It's giving me this error: "Cannot perform this action on built in accounts"....
  8. I have a user whos profile I want to rename.old and have them log back in and create a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a user whos profile I want to rename.old and have them log back in and create a new...: The user is on our domain and on windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-user-whos-profile-i-want-to-renameold-and/807a72ad-b0e9-49e0-af94-ac21cb57d6b6
  9. I have a user whos profile I want to rename.old and have them log back in and create a new...

I have a user whos profile I want to rename.old and have them log back in and create a new...: The user is on our domain and on windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-user-whos-profile-i-want-to-renameold-and/807a72ad-b0e9-49e0-af94-ac21cb57d6b6
  10. I don't want to have to log in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I don't want to have to log in.: I am new to Win 10, I am the only person who uses my computer and I don't want to have to sign in. I recently registered for a Microsoft Account and found that I then had to log in. To make things easier I changed this to a Local Account log in but I don't really want to sign...