Windows 10: i have a Verbatim USB mouse and it wont work

Discus and support i have a Verbatim USB mouse and it wont work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why wont the mouse work when I plug it into my usb port like everthing else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KelsZimmermann, Sep 27, 2019.

1. i have a Verbatim USB mouse and it wont work

why wont the mouse work when I plug it into my usb port like everthing else

:)

KelsZimmermann, Sep 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Sep 27, 2019
  3. iamc3k Win User
    Safe Mode: USB mouse won't work

CountMike,

Thanks for the look back.

Here's an expanded image, showing Mice and other pointing devices and USB devices (2 separate entries):

i have a Verbatim USB mouse and it wont work [​IMG]

As you can see, under USB devices, both the keyboard and the mouse are named (and they're correct). Under Mice and other pointing devices, it just shows HID-compliant...twice.

Here are the two HID-compliant driver screenies, top one first:

And the lower one:

They are showing a Microsoft driver dated 6/21/2006. That may be the issue? The second listing shows a Power Management tab. It works. (I've got the mouse set to wake the computer from sleep.)

Down on the USB devices listing, the specific entry for the Gaming Mouse G502 shows the correct driver, as shown, below:

It's obvious that I'm confused. I know just enough to poke at it, without knowing what it is that I'm poking. *Wink

In Safe Mode, I'd think that the basic windows drivers would work. I'm just trying to get the mouse to work as a pointing and selection device.

Thanks,
    Ken

(About to scrounge through some boxes to see if I have a USB-to-PS/2 dongle to try.)

iamc3k, Sep 27, 2019
  4. i have a Verbatim USB mouse and it wont work

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

i have a Verbatim USB mouse and it wont work

1. i have a Verbatim USB mouse and it wont work - Similar Threads - Verbatim USB mouse

2. Keyboard and mouse wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse wont work: Everything was fine until yesterday i turn on my computer and my keyboard and mouse do not work, because of this i am unable to access the computer, i have tried plugging into other USB ports and have tried other device but the problem persists. I dont know what to do and...
  3. Keyboard and mouse wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse wont work: Everything was fine until yesterday i turn on my computer and my keyboard and mouse do not work, because of this i am unable to access the computer, i have tried plugging into other USB ports and have tried other device but the problem persists. I dont know what to do and...
  4. USB wont work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wont work: I was setting up USB bootable Kali Linux when in the select portion option i had accidentally deleted a portion within the USB, this had made it so my laptop/PC didn't detect the USB when plugged in however it shows up in device manager. I have tried everything i could find...
  5. USB Mouse Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Mouse Not Working: I have been using a USB Mouse on my laptop that has been working for approximately 3 months. All of a sudden it stopped working. It won't even show up as an error. It is just completely not recognized. I tried my USB mouse on other computers and it worked. I also tried other...
  6. USB Mouse Not Working

USB Mouse Not Working: I have a USB Mouse that is made by DELL manufacturing that will not respond in any way, via clicking or moving, not even scrolling. Thing is, is the light on the bottom lights up as if nothing wrong with it. I'm using an HP laptop....
  7. Problem with a 64gb USB Verbatim flash stick

Problem with a 64gb USB Verbatim flash stick: This evening I wanted to transfer a 11gb video from an external hard drive to a 64gb USB flash stick (sometimes called a thumb drive or pen drive), but I noticed there seemed to be an 'extra drive' showing on 'This PC'....drive (H). I think (but am not sure) this is a result...
  8. Problem with a 64gb USB Verbatim flash stick

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with a 64gb USB Verbatim flash stick: This evening I wanted to transfer a 11gb video from an external hard drive to a 64gb USB flash stick (sometimes called a thumb drive or pen drive), but I noticed there seemed to be an 'extra drive' showing on 'This PC'....drive (H). I think (but am not sure) this is a result...
  9. USB MOUSE NOT WORKING

USB MOUSE NOT WORKING: Aby ideas will be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-mouse-not-working/e7c313b9-7deb-43e2-b6a2-0294194d32e0
  10. Wireless Mouse wont work

Wireless Mouse wont work: I need help to setup my wireless mouse, when i check under Bluetooth & other devices it shows that the wireless mouse is connected and when i try to use the wireless mouse it wont work....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb mouse stopped scrolling VERBATIM

2. verbatim mouse not working

3. verbatim mouse 98122 not working

4. verbatim mouse not working windows 10,
  5. 99016 VERBATIM MOUSE WONT SCROLL RIGHT,
  6. verbatim wireless mouse wont work,
  7. verbatim wireless mouse 98122 driver,
  8. verbatim wireless mouse 98122 ,
  9. computer recognizes verbatim mouse but mouse does not work,
  10. verbatim mouse wont connect,
  11. verbatim wireless mouse not working,