Windows 10: i have a very poorly computer after a recent update

Discus and support i have a very poorly computer after a recent update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi need some help having a few issues with my Lenovo ideaspad after and update 1) lost WiFi connection it has vanished from internet and network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EmmaWatts, Nov 13, 2018.

1. EmmaWatts Win User

i have a very poorly computer after a recent update

hi need some help

having a few issues with my Lenovo ideaspad after and update

1) lost WiFi connection it has vanished from internet and network options . So no internet connection.

2) try to

reset my pc reaches 30% and undoes and tells me there is a problem

3) tried to put the media creation tool 1803 on via usb tell me we are not sure what has happened but we are unable to run this tool on your pc error code : 0x800706d9 - 0x20000

4) event veiwer log is unavailable.verify that the services is running.

5) windows firewall will not turn on.

6) other error codes I have had : 0x80042302

0x81000202, 0x80070422, 0x80073c6

please can you help meny thanks

:)

EmmaWatts, Nov 13, 2018

2. Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      i have a very poorly computer after a recent update Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Recently got a stop error on my brand new computer

Hi Kevin,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you check first if your computer is up to date. You may follow these steps on how to check for updates:

• In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update.
    • Select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

1. i have a very poorly computer after a recent update - Similar Threads - very poorly computer

2. The updated version of photos app very poor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The updated version of photos app very poor: The updated version very poor compared to the old version. Clarity has disappeared & auto enhance is not improving the clarity of the photo. Will Microsoft do another update to rectify the problems or is Apple a better alternative....
  3. Bluetooth headphones have very poor audio quality after having been automatically...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones have very poor audio quality after having been automatically...: I was using them earlier and they had great audio, but after connecting a bluetooth speaker, testing it, and then reconnecting the headphones, the audio quality is much worse. When I go into "Sounds" in settings, and to the output options and select the headphones, the only...
  4. Bluetooth headphones have very poor audio quality after having been automatically...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones have very poor audio quality after having been automatically...: I was using them earlier and they had great audio, but after connecting a bluetooth speaker, testing it, and then reconnecting the headphones, the audio quality is much worse. When I go into "Sounds" in settings, and to the output options and select the headphones, the only...
  5. Very Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Poor Performance: I havent done anything, my PC is working very slow, how can I enhance or at least get it back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-poor-performance/e9cf9d68-766d-4e5c-9e73-bf17f3ff5d77
  6. Very Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Poor Performance: I havent done anything, my PC is working very slow, how can I enhance or at least get it back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-poor-performance/e9cf9d68-766d-4e5c-9e73-bf17f3ff5d77
  7. Very Poor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Poor game performance after recent updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Poor game performance after recent updates: My games, specifically Rockstar games, started freezing and stuttering after april's udates. After uninstalling Windows Defender Antivirus update things became better, but still worse than before. Please, help....
  9. Poor contrast since the recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Poor contrast since the recent Windows update: Can anyone help me because since I updated my laptop about a week ago, the contrast has been really poor and it's difficult to see the boundaries on boxes etc. Does anyone have a solution?...
  10. Very poor connectivity...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very poor connectivity...: Let me start with we have an extremely slow ISP. We are at the "end of the line", only available ISP, other than satellite, is Century Links 1.5mbps d/l. We rarely see .7mbps currently, CL is claiming that we will be on fiber optics by summer. Anyway, here is my problem. I...