Windows 10: I have a very weird problem involving my mouse.

Discus and support I have a very weird problem involving my mouse. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As stated in the subject I am currently having a problem with my mouse and it is very annoying and weird to say the least. What my mouse will do is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ziaollo, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Ziaollo Win User

I have a very weird problem involving my mouse.

As stated in the subject I am currently having a problem with my mouse and it is very annoying and weird to say the least. What my mouse will do is not click on multiple different windows. To further explain this, let me give you an example. I start up my computer and it works perfectly fine for maybe 15 - 20 minutes. After that time period though my mouse will not click on different windows and what I mean by this is that ill be first on "the desktop window" Now if I go and hover over something in my task bar for an example, it will not click nor even show the grey box when my mouse is hovering on top of it. If you were wondering, this works vice versa and with other applications as well. This is where it starts to get really weird. The only way that I can "use" my mouse normally is if I either click very hard multiple times, do Ctrl Alt Del and clicking sign out again (this will only temporarily fix it), or physically taking my mouse, putting it upside down, and then clicking. For whatever reason that works just fine. Before you ask I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried restarting ,updating, running a sfc scan, running a DISM scan, ran various commands in power shell, tried on multiple different mice with all different brands, and Even tried restoring my computer to a earlier point (Which ultimately failed due of the fact that windows didn't save a recovery from a week ago.) All of this leads me to believe I have to reinstall windows but I would like to leave that as a last resort as windows doesn't save all of your files. Thank you in advance for you time, and have a nice day.

:)

Ziaollo, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Weird mouse movement (jumping and circle seen)

Hello
    ptenter,

The issue you're experiencing with your mouse could be caused by an out-of-date driver or hardware related. We'd like to know more about your issue. Please answer the following questions below:

• Are referring to an external mouse or the laptop touchpad?
    • Have you tried using an external mouse and check if the issue persists?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you running? You can find this information by clicking the Start button, type
      winver, and then press
      Enter.

In the mean time, I suggest that you follow the steps in these support articles:

We're looking forward to your reply.

Carlo Fer, Oct 12, 2019
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Mouse sensitivity changed by itself. It feels weird, incosistant, like it's on ice.

Hi,

We see that you are having issues with the sensitivity of your mouse. Is the Enhance pointer precision in your PC enabled? If not, you can follow the steps below:

• Type Mouse in the Search bar.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad settings.
    • Click on the Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Pointer Options tab.
    • Uncheck the Enhance pointer precision checkbox.

If the issue persists, we suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Follow the steps provided below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. I have a very weird problem involving my mouse. - Similar Threads - very weird problem

2. I have a weird problem about my mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a weird problem about my mouse: Hi, so the problem is that i can't click on my mouse only in certian places on the mouse if you are wondering how did i click google chrome and all of that i switched the buttons and yeah right click works fine. Please give me solutions how to fix this. Daniel...
  3. I have a weird problem about my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a weird problem about my mouse: Hi, so the problem is that i can't click on my mouse only in certian places on the mouse if you are wondering how did i click google chrome and all of that i switched the buttons and yeah right click works fine. Please give me solutions how to fix this. Daniel...
  4. I have a weird problem about my mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a weird problem about my mouse: Hi, so the problem is that i can't click on my mouse only in certian places on the mouse if you are wondering how did i the click google chrome and all of that i switched the buttons and yeah right click works fine. Please give me solutions how to fix this. Daniel...
  5. Very very weird problem with my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very very weird problem with my mouse: Some days ago I plugged the main m.2SSD of a friend in my pc forgetting to remove my main sata ssd from the mobo, I got some problems and had to remove the m.2 and restart the bios, once i got back on windows I saw that I could open the apps on the task bar double clicking...
  6. Very very weird problem with my mouse

Very very weird problem with my mouse: Some days ago I plugged the main m.2SSD of a friend in my pc forgetting to remove my main sata ssd from the mobo, I got some problems and had to remove the m.2 and restart the bios, once i got back on windows I saw that I could open the apps on the task bar double clicking...
  7. Very very weird problem with my mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. my mouse is having a very weird problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse is having a very weird problem: As i said in the title my mouse has a very weird problem and i dont really know who to describe. Example when i lauch a game roblox or valorant ect i click in an icon and it doesnt work its like my screen shows the icon there but it isnt there to click the icon i need to...
  9. my mouse is having a very weird problem

my mouse is having a very weird problem: As i said in the title my mouse has a very weird problem and i dont really know who to describe. Example when i lauch a game roblox or valorant ect i click in an icon and it doesnt work its like my screen shows the icon there but it isnt there to click the icon i need to...
  10. Very weird glitches involving videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very weird glitches involving videos: For about the past week my win10 laptop (Dell XPS 7390) has been having really crazy glitches involving videos. They affect all videos playing on the system whether through Opera browser like YouTube or even in the regular media player. The bug first that I noticed was what...