Windows 10: I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.

Discus and support I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! I have a virus that whenever I run Google Chrome and click on a new page, a pop up randomly appears and attempts to hide itself. The goal of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sprismatic, Jan 10, 2017.

1. I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.

Hello!

I have a virus that whenever I run Google Chrome and click on a new page, a pop up randomly appears and attempts to hide itself. The goal of the virus is to log my facebook information and hack my account, but luckily I blocked the app it attempts to enable. The problem is that it keeps popping up trying to enable the facebook app, but I can't find the process that causes it and my antivirus programs won't get rid of it (I've tried Avast, Malwarebytes, and AVG)

Any ideas? Thank you

:)

Sprismatic, Jan 10, 2017

2. Folder view is changed everytime

What antivirus program and what virus did it detect?

-steve

Stephen Boots, Jan 10, 2017
  3. Gen Variant Zusy

I have downloaded a program I used a while back. My antivirus is detecting it as Gen.Variant.Zusy.

Is this virus KNOWN as an OFTEN false-positive?

I use F-Secure SAFE.

DareDeveloper, Jan 10, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.

bro67, Jan 10, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    Look in Task Manager and End Task of app which is causing the problem, shut down computer, then disconnect router.
    Reconnect router, start computer to check if cleared.

dencal, Jan 10, 2017
  6. Win10Pro Win User
    I've tried Avast, Malwarebytes, and AVG

I would add to this list Spyware Hunter: sometimes it makes miracles other programs can't even think of.

Win10Pro, Jan 10, 2017
  7. RolandJS Win User
    Installing and using Spyware Hunter has been problematic for some and no problem at all for others -- seek counsel from others before adding Spyware Hunter or any other security program to your list.

amended

RolandJS, Jan 10, 2017
  8. I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it.

It probably got your AV compromised. Viruses can brainwash AVs into thinking they're not dangerous.

RoasterMen, Jan 10, 2017
  9. swarfega Win User
    If you're having no luck after a couple of days, I would consider doing a clean format to be sure your system is properly clean.

swarfega, Jan 10, 2017
  10. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Jan 10, 2017
  11. prikker Win User
    Try to run process monitor. You can download it here: Process Monitor It shows much more things then i.e. Process Explorer.

prikker, Jan 10, 2017
  12. Borg 386 Win User
    Have you tried resetting Chrome to see if this solves the problem? Another option would be uninstall Chrome completely & reinstall it. Make sure to export your bookmarks before doing this.

Reset Chrome settings to default - Chrome Help

Borg 386, Jan 11, 2017
  13. simrick Win User

Please don't install Spyware Hunter.
    What is the name of this virus and how do you know it's intention? I hope you don't have AVG and Avast installed and running concurrently. You should only have one active AV running on a system. MBAM is okay, as it works in conjunction with your AV.
    Try RKILL , then ADWCleaner and then JRT.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I have a virus but no AntiVirus programs will detect it. - Similar Threads - virus AntiVirus programs

2. I have a virus or trojen called "Altruistic.exe", i have tried multiple antiviruses,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a virus or trojen called "Altruistic.exe", i have tried multiple antiviruses,...: A week or 2 ago which i only came to realise today i got a virus or trojan that is messing with my CPU and RAM usage. It is really annoying whenever i wanna play game, can anyone help out? I've used AVG antivirus and its just not working....
  3. I have a virus or trojen called "Altruistic.exe", i have tried multiple antiviruses,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a virus or trojen called "Altruistic.exe", i have tried multiple antiviruses,...: A week or 2 ago which i only came to realise today i got a virus or trojan that is messing with my CPU and RAM usage. It is really annoying whenever i wanna play game, can anyone help out? I've used AVG antivirus and its just not working....
  4. Process Explorer detects viruses but Antivirus dosen't

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Process Explorer detects viruses but Antivirus dosen't: I downloaded Process Explorer to see why System was using up a lot of my CPU. In the program you can make it so that programs currently running are scanned by TotalVirus.com. After enabling this feature I saw that a number of programs, like games, processes, and system apps...
  5. Antivirus program detected a virus in Microsoft Remote Desktop

Antivirus program detected a virus in Microsoft Remote Desktop: Hello,In my last virus scan my antivirus program presumably detected a high risk item and deleted it. The item name goes like this; "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.RemoteDesktop_10.2.1810..........and it goes on"AV program identifies it as "Heur.Generic." Was that a...
  6. virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus

virus and threat protection not detecting antivirus: Last week i have changed my antivirus from Macfee to NPAV,however now Windows virus and threat protection is not detecting antivirus. this is resulting in slowing down of laptop due to two scan working at same time.any solution?...
  7. A virus in my windows and I don't have an antivirus program installed

A virus in my windows and I don't have an antivirus program installed: Hi, I'm George, and this is my problem. 6 or 7 months ago I upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 I had no problem but recently, the computer got slow I tried to format it but it's still slow. Whatever, I installed Windows 8.1 and it was fine. I think that the computer has been...
  8. My Computer May Have a Virus, But My AntiVirus Won't Detect One

My Computer May Have a Virus, But My AntiVirus Won't Detect One: [IMG] Yesterday I noticed that my computer was totally glitching out. I first noticed my clock glitched out, only showing 6:1 and not 6:15 PM. I then noticed that the text on all of my desktop icons were black, then all of my system's apps were blank with no text. ex: Task...
  9. Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds!

Virus that none of the antivirus programs finds!: OK, I have some problems with Windows home 10 Swedish. I get error messages that .Net has done an exception 5-10 times / day and other small strange things happen. I was tired of this so I went for a full scan and did not find anything. I installed (one at a time) fsecure,...
  10. What Are All the Programs I Need to Detect Viruses?

What Are All the Programs I Need to Detect Viruses?: I got Windows Defender. Is this all I need to stop malware, viruses and spyware? If not what do you suggest? 111163

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have a virus that no program can detect it

2. i have a virus no antivirus can detect