Windows 10: I have a virus. I get a black screen after I login and can not open task manager. I can...

Discus and support I have a virus. I get a black screen after I login and can not open task manager. I can... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Was having no issues until yesterday. I used a system restore point from a week ago and at first it seemed to help. But I continued scanning with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/osowavy, Dec 10, 2019.

1. I have a virus. I get a black screen after I login and can not open task manager. I can...

Was having no issues until yesterday. I used a system restore point from a week ago and at first it seemed to help. But I continued scanning with various software, and it seemed to start giving me the same problem as I was having. So I did another system restore, and from the start I’ve been having the same issue as before the restore.

I really don’t want to reformat the drive. Kaspersky wouldn’t install for some reason. Malwarebytes tells me there is no problem. Windows Defender won’t run in safe mode. I’m lost and have no idea what to do. I ran Roguekiller and it only found potentially unwanted programs, no viruses.

submitted by /u/osowavy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/osowavy, Dec 10, 2019

2. Black screen AFTER login, no task manager showing up!

I keep finding solutions for the issue with a black screen before login or after login and to use the task manager, but my problem is a little different.

I can log in using my pin, and press ctrl+alt+dlt to get the option to bring up the task manager. However, when i click it... no task manager pops up!

I'm at a loss, been in hold with Microsoft for over an hour now. Please help!

growlybeast, Dec 10, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 10, 2019
  4. I have a virus. I get a black screen after I login and can not open task manager. I can...

black screen at sign in

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the update.

• Login to Windows 10 and if you have a Black Screen, wait about 15 minutes (to be sure) before you decide to reboot. Sometimes it sits there with a Black screen for a while.
    • Alternatively, at the Black Screen: turn off your monitor and after a few seconds turn it back on.
    • After login and encountering Black Screen, try CTRL-ALT-DEL. This should bring up a menu (if windows is partially running and you don't have a display driver issue). If you get the menu, select Task Manager. This brought up a single white window in the
      middle of my black screen. Expand the window by dragging the corner and you should see the task list. If you do, proceed to the next step.
    • Task Manager has now integrated the capabilities of the old msconfg.exe. Go to the Startup tab and you should see a list of programs that will execute upon login. Most are enabled. Some may be disabled. Try disabling non-MS startup programs. Save and
      restart.
    • If this works, your next task is to go back to Task Manager, Startup, and re-enable the entries you disabled one by one and reboot until you discover the offending program.
    Hope this works.

Anusha Verma, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

I have a virus. I get a black screen after I login and can not open task manager. I can...

1. I have a virus. I get a black screen after I login and can not open task manager. I can... - Similar Threads - virus black screen

2. Can I bypass a login screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I bypass a login screen?: I've got an old PC from 2016 I believe that was passed down to me from my grandpa, he told me it was a friends that gave it to him cause he needed a new one, turns out he never actually used it and when he moved he gave it to me. I never used it either but I just pulled it...
  3. Can I bypass a login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I bypass a login screen?: I've got an old PC from 2016 I believe that was passed down to me from my grandpa, he told me it was a friends that gave it to him cause he needed a new one, turns out he never actually used it and when he moved he gave it to me. I never used it either but I just pulled it...
  4. Can I bypass a login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Where can I get help with Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I get help with Task Manager?: Task Manager won't end tasks and freezes, making it impossible to close after I click the x in the upper right corner. Adobe Creative Cloud won't access my apps, and Adobe tech support says I must fix Task Manager before they can turn off some processes and determine what's...
  6. Where can I get help with Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I get help with Task Manager?: Task Manager won't end tasks and freezes, making it impossible to close after I click the x in the upper right corner. Adobe Creative Cloud won't access my apps, and Adobe tech support says I must fix Task Manager before they can turn off some processes and determine what's...
  7. I can not login .

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can not login .: When I try to open my Microsoft account in windows settings, no login screen appears. So I can't sign in to my games on Xbox Game Pass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-login/e72f3ff7-aa3d-4e13-9ab0-7f115fe4a341
  8. I HAVE A BOOT X VIRUS!!!! And I can not get ride of it,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I HAVE A BOOT X VIRUS!!!! And I can not get ride of it,: I'm about to throw my $1,400 computer away along with my laptop and every USB drive and hard drive I own which is a lot of money I don't even care about the data anymore I just want to be able to use a computer¡!!!!!!!!!!!!And by the way Rob Koch , your answer to user A,...
  9. Black screen after login, no task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after login, no task manager: After login in my account, I get a black screen. If I click with my mouse the cursor shows. I have already pressed ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+esc but the task manager doesnt open. I have pressed Windows+ctrl+shift+B the screen refresh but still black. I have to wait some...
  10. I have a black screen on sign in since today. But I can open ctrl alt delete and rink task...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a black screen on sign in since today. But I can open ctrl alt delete and rink task...: I have done some searching and it appears to be update 1903 related but I'm not sure how to proceed. I tried uninstalling quality updates from the shift restart blue screen but it requires my password and keeps saying it's incorrect which it isn't. I cAn boot to safe mode...