Windows 10: I have a weird sort of file (or folder? shortcut? I really don't know what it is) in "This...

Discus and support I have a weird sort of file (or folder? shortcut? I really don't know what it is) in "This... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrPresidentBanana [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrPresidentBanana, Nov 19, 2020.

1. I have a weird sort of file (or folder? shortcut? I really don't know what it is) in "This...

/u/MrPresidentBanana, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

How to desegregate Folders/Files in File Explorer Sort By Functions?

Hi,

Sorting the layout of each folder is really dependent on the user's preference, that is why Windows has a variety of ways of sorting files and folders.

To sort files and folders alphanumerically together, we can try grouping it by name.

To do this, follow the steps below:

• On the folder that you want to sort, click View.
    • Look for Group by and left-click on it.
    • Select Name.

I have a weird sort of file (or folder? shortcut? I really don't know what it is) in "This... d1b579c8-659a-4dff-8380-20a72d125af9.png

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Nov 19, 2020
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.I have a weird sort of file (or folder? shortcut? I really don't know what it is) in "This... :)

terrace, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

I have a weird sort of file (or folder? shortcut? I really don't know what it is) in "This...

How can i make File Explorer list shortcuts to folders with the folders?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that when you sort the files by Name in a folder the shortcut to folder goes at the bottom of the list. We would like to inform that this is by design and when you sort the files by
    Name the shortcut folder goes at the bottom of the list.

However, we always appreciate our customer’s feedback. We would suggest you to post your feedback and suggestions in
    Microsoft Feedback Hub. The Microsoft
    Feedback Hub let’s you tell Microsoft about any issues or suggestions, which will help us improve the Windows experience.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

I have a weird sort of file (or folder? shortcut? I really don't know what it is) in "This...

1. I have a weird sort of file (or folder? shortcut? I really don't know what it is) in "This... - Similar Threads - weird sort file

2. I have multiple documents folders and don't know what to do about it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have multiple documents folders and don't know what to do about it.: So I have 3 documents folders and I don't know how to fix it. I tried changing the target location to default for all of the 3 but everytime I did I just got message that I can't move these folders because they contain unmoovable folder and at the end it just says ''Access...
  3. I have multiple documents folders and don't know what to do about it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have multiple documents folders and don't know what to do about it.: So I have 3 documents folders and I don't know how to fix it. I tried changing the target location to default for all of the 3 but everytime I did I just got message that I can't move these folders because they contain unmoovable folder and at the end it just says ''Access...
  4. Sort Folder Shortcuts with File Folders - SOLVED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort Folder Shortcuts with File Folders - SOLVED: I managed to find a way to sort a folder "shortcut" alphabetically with File Folders, but I can't remember how I did it. I'm hoping that if I share the screenshots and behaviors here, someone will be able to tell me how I achieved this. If you'll notice, Canon Iris is a File...
  5. Sort Folder Shortcuts with File Folders - SOLVED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort Folder Shortcuts with File Folders - SOLVED: I managed to find a way to sort a folder "shortcut" alphabetically with File Folders, but I can't remember how I did it. I'm hoping that if I share the screenshots and behaviors here, someone will be able to tell me how I achieved this. If you'll notice, Canon Iris is a File...
  6. I don't really know what to say... Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't really know what to say... Help!: It's not often I'm forced to conclude the problem I'm facing is to big for me to overcome by myself. But this is one of those times. My computer is showing a billion errors and symptoms, and no matter what i do i can't fix it. Can't even get some system diagnostic to say the...
  7. I don't know if it's an easter egg, but if you sort folders by name and call the folders...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know if it's an easter egg, but if you sort folders by name and call the folders...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DerpyPlayz18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijivvj/i_dont_know_if_its_an_easter_egg_but_if_you_sort/
  8. I cannot really fix my laptop and I don't know what really the problem is

I cannot really fix my laptop and I don't know what really the problem is: I have asked a lot of questions here but it gives me only a temporary solution to boot my pc. When I fix it, it will boot but the time I shut it down, it will not boot again. Do you think the problem is in the hard drive or I just didn't install my windows properly. If the...
  9. I don't know why my files are sorting this way, how can I not have this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know why my files are sorting this way, how can I not have this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Electro_Mite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/envuur/i_dont_know_why_my_files_are_sorting_this_way_how/
  10. Weird flashing and "disintegration" (not really but I don't know how to describe it)

Weird flashing and "disintegration" (not really but I don't know how to describe it): I have a periodic issue where the screen begins to flash and then there is a series of gray and white lines that appear and multiply across the screen until the entire screen is covered and maybe then goes black for several seconds. It doesn't happen all the time but when it...