Windows 10: I have a Western Digital 1 Tb My Passport how can I encrypt it?

Discus and support I have a Western Digital 1 Tb My Passport how can I encrypt it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I encrypt it, cause I can use BitLocker, but since is so big the external hard drive I would like some help here.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RandySoto, Apr 12, 2019.

1. RandySoto Win User

I have a Western Digital 1 Tb My Passport how can I encrypt it?

How can I encrypt it, cause I can use BitLocker, but since is so big the external hard drive I would like some help here.

:)

RandySoto, Apr 12, 2019

2. western digital my passport

my pc will not recognize my external hard drive - western digital my passport

dwwilliamson, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Western Digital Launches the 1 TB My Passport Air Portable Drive

WD, a Western Digital company, today introduced the My Passport Air 1 TB, the only 1 TB portable hard drive for Mac users available in a stylishly thin all-aluminum enclosure. With 1 TB of storage capacity, customers will be able to take all their digital photos, music, video, on the go, and still have enough room to save all the new content they capture along the way. The ultra-slim design of My Passport Air complements the popular MacBook and MacBook Air form factors with an all-aluminium exterior to give enhanced protection to the drive and its contents. Seamless, out-of-the-box operation with Mac computers, including Time Machine, provides additional reassurance that valuable digital content is protected.

The My Passport Air portable hard drive allows users to password protect access to their drive and hardware encrypts its contents, providing powerful protection of personal material. In addition, its USB 3.0 interface dramatically increases read/write speeds to help users manage, share, and enjoy digital content at a pace that is commensurate with the schedules of today's mobile consumer.

I have a Western Digital 1 Tb My Passport how can I encrypt it? WD_My_Passport_Air_thm.jpg

"WD's new My Passport Air 1 TB is the ultimate portable storage companion for Mac users," explains Scott Steffens, general manager for WD's consumer storage solutions. "Its ultra-slim, high capacity design and advanced content security features make it a must have accessory for even the most discerning Mac aficionado."

Pricing and Availability
    The My Passport Air 1 TB portable hard drive has a 3-year limited warranty and is available on the WD store at www.wdstore.com and at select retailers and distributors. MSRP (USD) of the My Passport Air is $149.99. For more information regarding the My Passport Air portable hard drive, please visit the WD website at www.wd.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1040.

Cristian_25H, Apr 12, 2019
  4. I have a Western Digital 1 Tb My Passport how can I encrypt it?

Western Digital Announces the My Passport Slim Portable Hard Drive

WD, a Western Digital company, today announced the availability of its My Passport Slim line of portable hard drives, the first thin drives to offer up to 2 TB capacity, a metal enclosure, and 256-bit hardware-based encryption. The included WD SmartWare Pro data protection software allows users to back up their data to their My Passport Slim and keep an extra copy in their Dropbox account for peace-of-mind. The software also lets users back up their Dropbox account to the My Passport Slim. These features make the My Passport Slim an ideal choice for protecting, storing, and enjoying digital content on the go.

Available in 1 TB and 2 TB capacities, the My Passport Slim measures a scant 4.33 x 3.14 x 0.48-inches, giving mobile consumers an easy and convenient way to transport their favorite music, movies, photos and documents.

I have a Western Digital 1 Tb My Passport how can I encrypt it? WD_My_Passport_Slim_01_thm.jpg

The My Passport Slim also incorporates super-fast USB 3.0 connectivity for quick transfer speeds of high resolution digital files.

"WD's My Passport Slim drives are setting a new industry standard for portability, capacity, and file protection," explained Scott Steffens, general manager of WD's consumer storage solutions group. "Its beautiful metal exterior, combined with up to 2 TB of storage, hardware encryption, and WD SmartWare Pro backup protection make it the only storage device today's mobile consumers will ever need to bring with them."

Pricing and Availability
    My Passport Slim portable hard drives are protected by a 3-year limited warranty and will be available from the WD store at wdstore.com as well as select retailers and distributors. My Passport Slim 1 TB has a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $99.99 USD, and the My Passport Slim 2 TB2 is $149.99.

Cristian_25H, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

I have a Western Digital 1 Tb My Passport how can I encrypt it?

1. I have a Western Digital 1 Tb My Passport how can I encrypt it? - Similar Threads - Western Digital Passport

2. Western Digital Passport USB issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital Passport USB issue: Hi, I just bought this laptop and I am trying to plug my WD passport USB into it and it wont work. It says the driver is unavailable Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport-usb-issue/5e275c22-e131-4a40-80ee-c88c418d1da2
  3. Western Digital My passport ext hdd

Western Digital My passport ext hdd: Good morning folks, I,m having problems with the above 2tb drive.Whenever I connect to the laptop it switches itself on without me touching any keys so I have to "x" off it Tried just now to upload a photo and it seemed to disappear while I was trying to do so but...
  4. WD-My Passport 2 TB

WD-My Passport 2 TB: Hi: My WD My Passport USB hard drive shows as "currently in use", with a continuously flashing LED. This starts up randomly. I am unable to eject this USB device, and only way that I am able to stop it is to restart Windows. Is this a sign of its age? It is nearing Full;...
  5. Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected

Western Digital Passport Not Being Detected: This happened suddenly. I bought a new cable. Still doesn't work. The passport is definitely powering up. My OS is Windows 10. Can anyone help?...
  6. western digital passport

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    western digital passport: stopped working after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/western-digital-passport/c7f43d6b-7de2-489d-a88c-67636e65b104
  7. How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How Can I Retrieve WD 2TB Passport Encrypted Files?: Hi Group: My WD Passport was first attached to my XP PC, which is now defunct. I made several folders/directories encrypted. I am able to see the attribute DAE next to the folder of interest Name within File Manager. Is it possible, now that the Passport is connected to a...
  8. western digital my book

western digital my book: After doing a clean install of windows 10 build 10130; my western digital my book 1tb external usb 3.0 hard drive will not retrieve my backups. Is this a possible windows 10 glitch; or is this a internal hardware issue with my device? 7415
  9. Western Digital Passport drives autorun?

Western Digital Passport drives autorun?: Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There is an autorun app that's launching to unlock the drive (hardware encryption enabled). How do i fix that? 59820
  10. Files being copied from Western Digital Passport have datestamp...

in Windows 10 Support
    Files being copied from Western Digital Passport have datestamp...: I'm moving backed up files to a new hard drive/Windows install and the filenames are: filename (2016_08_22 05_14_11 UTC).extension Why is this happening? 61677

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What OS does the WD MY Passport ulrta work on

2. how do i know if my passport is backing up