Windows 10: i have a whole file with more 15 documents with green check marks and it does not open....

Discus and support i have a whole file with more 15 documents with green check marks and it does not open.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a file with more than 15 word documents with checkmarks in green inside circles and I cant open them or work with them. I am not sure when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 2167, Jul 10, 2024.

1. 2167 Win User

i have a whole file with more 15 documents with green check marks and it does not open....

I have a file with more than 15 word documents with checkmarks in green inside circles and I cant open them or work with them. I am not sure when something like this is retaining me from working, every day there is something I have to fix with word or with Publisher last week. What is happening? I had been all my life with word.

:)

2. Darned green check marks adjacent to new saved documents

I've been reading the issues related to those green check marks in front of saved documents but solutions suggested are not working for me, and now I can't print a financial document - just view - and there is no issue with my printer connectivity because
    I can print a test page via Windows and it prints fine. I could care less about the "cloud" for saving documents - I want to save documents ONLY to my PC which I back up manually.

How do I stop getting documents sent to the crazy "cloud" and just to my personal files on my PC ? Microsoft shouldn't be taking control of where I keep my files. I tried right clicking on the document to try to save it to my recent files list and I don't
    get that option on the list provided. Can't get rid of the green arrows and can't print important documents.

How do I fix this ???????

RonKrause1, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Documents and pictures... green check mark?

Thank you for the helpful reply, but when I opened up "This PC" my documents and pictures under "This PC" are the ones with green check marks not my original files and folders that I am looking for :/ I was hoping I could change this to make the "Documents"
    and "Pictures" under "This PC" my originals.. not one drive documents and pictures

The only place I can find my original documents and pictures is under "Libraries" which is hard to get to because it doesn't even show up on the list under quick access nor this PC.

Also, when I go to properties in the documents and pictures folders there is no "location" tab to change the file path available... So I am not sure how to get my originals back to "This PC"

JakeMiller1337, Jul 10, 2024
  4. i have a whole file with more 15 documents with green check marks and it does not open....

Documents and pictures... green check mark?

So I recently got a new computer with windows 10, and I am still getting used to it.

I was looking for my documents and pictures folders...

But when I hit the dropdown for "This PC" I see a "Documents" and "Pictures" but they have green check marks next to them (I think they have something to do with the cloud?) What are these?

Apparently my real documents and pictures folders are under the "Libraries" dropdown... Because the green check mark documents and pictures are empty.

Is there any way to connect these two? I don't really understand this

JakeMiller1337, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

i have a whole file with more 15 documents with green check marks and it does not open....

1. i have a whole file with more 15 documents with green check marks and it does not open.... - Similar Threads - whole file more

2. i have a whole file with more 15 documents with green check marks and it does not open....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a whole file with more 15 documents with green check marks and it does not open....: I have a file with more than 15 word documents with checkmarks in green inside circles and I cant open them or work with them. I am not sure when something like this is retaining me from working, every day there is something I have to fix with word or with Publisher last...
  3. Green check marks on icons not going away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Green check marks on icons not going away: For some reason, green check marks randomly appeared on my icons. This is weird because I don't even have OneDrive on my PC and it's not open in the tasks on the bottom right. I looked in the control panel and OneDrive hadn't been reinstalled either. I checked the OneDrive...
  4. green check marks on my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    green check marks on my photos: How do I remove the ugly green check marks that OneDrive put on my photos?I do not wish to use OneDrive. I doln't even know how it happened or why.I didn't see an appropriate subtopic for this question.Thank youPaula...
  5. How to get rid of Green check marks?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Green check marks?: What's with the green check marks? Everything in my Pictures folder and subfolders have green check marks in the lower left corner. How do I get rid of them? [img] 176296
  6. Green Check Marks on Icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green Check Marks on Icons?: Microsoft advised to run cfs from dos. Did nothing. wish I would have looked here first. I didn't ask for backup. Did it on its own. Microsoft ownes our asses. Maybe switch to Apple?...
  7. Windows Security green check marks are missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security green check marks are missing: I opened Windows Security today, and to my surprise, the green check marks are missing along with the icons for virus and threat protection and family options. It works fine, but the missing check marks are a bit bothering.[ATTACH]...
  8. Green check marks over desktop applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Green check marks over desktop applications: There are little green check marks over most of my desktop applications. The folders, trash, control panel, and this PC applications don’t have the checkmarks. submitted by /u/Kingofcats011 [link] [comments]...
  9. What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the Green check marks ?: This started a couple of days ago. Never had check marks in front of the drives before: [img] I Just checked my laptop which also has Win Pro, with all the same updates, it doesn't have the green check marks ? 150901
  10. Darned green check marks adjacent to new saved documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Darned green check marks adjacent to new saved documents: I've been reading the issues related to those green check marks in front of saved documents but solutions suggested are not working for me, and now I can't print a financial document - just view - and there is no issue with my printer connectivity because I can print a test...