Windows 10: I have a windows 10 pc and I can't find the security tab for changing access to file?? what...

Discus and support I have a windows 10 pc and I can't find the security tab for changing access to file?? what... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pc Security tab nowhere to be found please help!!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mishthedish11, Nov 16, 2019.

1. I have a windows 10 pc and I can't find the security tab for changing access to file?? what...

I have windows 10 pc

Security tab nowhere to be found

please help!!

:)

Mishthedish11, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 16, 2019
  3. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Nov 16, 2019
  4. I have a windows 10 pc and I can't find the security tab for changing access to file?? what...

Access Denied - No Security Tab

Hi,

In order to assist you, may we what is the file system of your external drive? Is it FAT32 or NTFS?

Using a limited set of files and drivers will help us troubleshoot problems on your PC. We suggest that you start your PC in

safe mode
    and see if you are able to access the Security tab of your external drive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

I have a windows 10 pc and I can't find the security tab for changing access to file?? what...

1. I have a windows 10 pc and I can't find the security tab for changing access to file?? what... - Similar Threads - can't find security

2. I have a thumbdrive with locked images. There is no "security" tab to change permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a thumbdrive with locked images. There is no "security" tab to change permissions: Hi MS Community. I have the dreaded "You don't have permission to view this file..." on a thumbdrive.When I right-click, there is no security option to change permissions.Any help will be appreciated...
  3. I have a thumbdrive with locked images. There is no "security" tab to change permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a thumbdrive with locked images. There is no "security" tab to change permissions: Hi MS Community. I have the dreaded "You don't have permission to view this file..." on a thumbdrive.When I right-click, there is no security option to change permissions.Any help will be appreciated...
  4. Unable To Find Security Tab On Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable To Find Security Tab On Windows 10!: Hello friends. Recently a new problem is causing distress for my Windows 10 computer. That is, I couldn't find the security tab from the folders properties window on Windows 10. Guys, can you tell me why I couldn't find the security tab, and how to bring back it? Any help...
  5. Can't find the security tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find the security tab: Hey guys so when i open This pc then open Local Disk C: then open Windows there is a folder called "temp". After right clicking on it open properties there should be a tab called security but in my case there isn't Here's a prove https://prnt.sc/vvbd1i I on Windows 10 Pro...
  6. I can't find my previous file or I can't find windows.old on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't find my previous file or I can't find windows.old on my pc: I re installed my windows with the option to keep my files . when it was done I couldn't find my pervious file but the hard drive is indicating that the previous files are still there . I've checked user it's only showing my recent files it's showing please how can i get...
  7. Changing what Windows 10 version I have

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing what Windows 10 version I have: I have Windows 10 Enterprise currently installed on my pc, but I want to change that into Windows 10 Pro. I've got a version of Windows 10 Pro on a USB stick. How do I do this? I've already tried the "Reset this PC" option and wiped all my files, but I still got Windows 10...
  8. I can't access Windows Security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't access Windows Security: I can't open the app but the security is still enabled, but now I have a dead entry in my start menu called ms-resource:DisplayName. Is there a way to re enable access to the app? submitted by /u/tobreakmyshell [link] [comments]...
  9. I can't access the internet I have a new 7-diget passcode but I can't find the window to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't access the internet I have a new 7-diget passcode but I can't find the window to...: I can't find the window to insert my new 7-diget code to reset my internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-the-internet-i-have-a-new-7-diget/5413a828-21be-4b83-b4e6-3d9a6ced93a9
  10. how do I change file ownership in windows 10. I no longer have a security tab in my file...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I change file ownership in windows 10. I no longer have a security tab in my file...: I need to change ownership of multiple files in a directory but no longer have a security tab in the folder properties. How can I change a files owner?...