Windows 10: I have a Windows 10 pro taskbar question

Discus and support I have a Windows 10 pro taskbar question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I setup taskbar toolbars to lock onto all sides of my screen at once, and then set them up to be auto-hidden? I remember either Windows XP pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lonewolf3515, Dec 28, 2020.

1. I have a Windows 10 pro taskbar question

How do I setup taskbar toolbars to lock onto all sides of my screen at once, and then set them up to be auto-hidden? I remember either Windows XP pro had this option somehow, or maybe it was Windows 7 Pro. I would like to be able to do that again, but I can't figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

lonewolf3515, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 Taskbar icons missing/ not responding!

Hello Pasindu,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this taskbar issue. For us to assist you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check, type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we suggest that restart the Windows Explorer.exe to refresh your taskbar functionality by following the steps below:

• Open Task Manager
      by right clicking the taskbar.
    • Click More details at the bottom to expand the Task Manager window.
    • Under the Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer.
    • After selecting the Windows Explorer, click the Restart
      button at the bottom.
    • It may take a few seconds and things like your taskbar and Start menu may disappear momentarily, but when it restarts, things should behave better and you can exit Task Manager.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Dec 28, 2020
  4. I have a Windows 10 pro taskbar question

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

I have a Windows 10 pro taskbar question

1. I have a Windows 10 pro taskbar question - Similar Threads - pro taskbar question

2. I have some question regarding windows 11 pro and home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have some question regarding windows 11 pro and home.: I have home license but want to buy a pro to try out hyperv. Apart from paying some extra cash, is there any drawback windows 11 pro has over home? I am concerned with performance and specially battery life. It will be for personal use tbh. So want to know if there is any...
  3. I have some question regarding windows 11 pro and home.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have some question regarding windows 11 pro and home.: I have home license but want to buy a pro to try out hyperv. Apart from paying some extra cash, is there any drawback windows 11 pro has over home? I am concerned with performance and specially battery life. It will be for personal use tbh. So want to know if there is any...
  4. I have a question about windows 10 pro installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a question about windows 10 pro installation.: I already have Windows 10 installed on the USB, but, I'm a little confused very tech savvy, but, 70 yrs old : , so, I need a little clarification/help.I have a separate hard-drive/SSD installed that is just going to be dedicated to Windows 10, separately, butI'm still also...
  5. I have a question about windows 10 pro installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question about windows 10 pro installation.: I already have Windows 10 installed on the USB, but, I'm a little confused very tech savvy, but, 70 yrs old : , so, I need a little clarification/help.I have a separate hard-drive/SSD installed that is just going to be dedicated to Windows 10, separately, butI'm still also...
  6. I have a question about windows 10 pro installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I have a question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I have a question: My laptop decided my pin is no longer available due to a change of security. It has options for set up my pin or sign in options, my mouse will hover over them highlighting them, but not let me click on them...
  8. i have a question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a question: my pc is 4gb ram and 1.80 ghz processeur it will run windows 8.1 as well ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-question/6ea52947-8567-41aa-986c-3c9570f064eb
  9. Windows 10* Pro Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10* Pro Question: A while ago I bought a laptop with Windows 10 Home version installed by default, then I´ve decided to upgrade it toWindows 10 Pro and went to change the product key that led me to theMicrosoft Store when I bought the Pro version and I installed it. My question is the...
  10. Windows 10 Pro question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro question: Yes I need to do a factory reset to my computer. It came with Windows 10 Home and I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. My question is when I do a factory reset it will be with Windows 10 Home, do I have to buy Windows 10 Pro again since I don't seem to have a key for the...